Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Pollen filter/ Wet footwell

(1/3) > >>

fudgee:
Hi guys

2 things I need helping with please, first one is straightforward so I'll start with that if I may.
When your inserting the pollen filter what way should the arrows be pointing? Upwards or downwards.
I have put the new filter in with the arrows pointing up, but the reason why I'm not 100% sure is because with the arrows pointing upwards all of the writing/logo etc on the side of the filter is upside down ?

Secondly my passenger's side rear footwell is soaking wet. I have checked both scuttle drains and they are both bone dry and not blocked.
I dont have a sunroof and can't feel any other part of the interior that is wet?
Any help appreciated lads thank you  :y

Enceladus:
The arrows on the pollen filter point towards the cabin side?
The scuttle on a face-lift drains onto the nearside chassis rail in the engine bay. But hard to see.
The scuttle on a pre face-lift exits under the nearside bottom of the wheelarch.
In both cases a sort of rectangular rubber tube.
Yours must be blocked or obstructed, My passenger side flooded in the rear last spring during one of those very heavy downpours we had. I couldn't understand it as the mats were dry. The scuttle drain was obstructed and water pouring in couldn't drain fast enough. It overflowed and wicked along the carpet and pooled in the offside rear footwell. Car must have been on a slight slope front to to rear.

I find that a big long cable tie is a good flexible implement to push into the drain rubber and stiff enough to stir around to clear the detritus.

Doctor Gollum:
Arrows indicate direction of airflow ;)

Don't dismiss a rust hole on either the bulkhead by the cabin air intake or at the back of the inner sill/wheel arch...

fudgee:
Thanks lads.
When I put the pollen filter in the arrows were pointing upwards towards the windscreen so I think I've got that right?
Got my first day off work in ages tomorrow so will investigate the wet footwear as suggested
Will update, thanks a lot  :y

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: fudgee on 26 March 2019, 18:24:22 ---Thanks lads.
When I put the pollen filter in the arrows were pointing upwards towards the windscreen so I think I've got that right?
Got my first day off work in ages tomorrow so will investigate the wet footwear as suggested
Will update, thanks a lot  :y

--- End quote ---
Wrong.

Arrows, and airflow, is from the scuttle into the car ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version