Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dashcam - Software help.  (Read 1503 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Dashcam - Software help.
« on: 25 March 2019, 10:14:51 »

Software help required.  One of the settings on my dashcam was wrong and all the recordings play back at 5 times normal speed, whats the best playback software to use that enables me to play back at 20%.  TIA  :y

Playback is the same during using .mov in windows media player, or the software supplied by nextgen that supplies all the other info on screen.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dashcam - Software help.
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2019, 13:59:47 »

Download and use VLC, playback speed adjustment will be in the settings somewhere.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2019, 19:17:50 »

I'd like to find one that will play my footage from my roadhawk,  might try the VLC, can you get it to over lay googly maps.
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2019, 19:35:05 »

I'd like to find one that will play my footage from my roadhawk,  might try the VLC, can you get it to over lay googly maps.
In my experience if VLC doesnt play a Video Format nothing else will.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2019, 22:08:55 »

I have, rarely I might add, found stuff VLC won't play. I still use it as my default, on the rare occasions it doesn't work. The K-Lite Codec Pack fills in the gaps. It includes an old/modified version of Media Player - before it went rubbish.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2019, 10:37:39 »

Try the Nextgen download.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2019, 18:56:04 »

I have, rarely I might add, found stuff VLC won't play. I still use it as my default, on the rare occasions it doesn't work. The K-Lite Codec Pack fills in the gaps. It includes an old/modified version of Media Player - before it went rubbish.

NNNOOOOO, not codec packs!  Guaranteed way to bugger up a Windows install ;D

Note to others - Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER install codec packs.  Install just the single codec you need, and no more. Ever.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2019, 12:52:17 »

Cheers for all your help.

Dash cam had been working fine, allways backed the videos up to the computer.  Watched the odd one every now and again as I did when I bought the camera.

The problem this time was a minor accident that I wanted to review. :-\

Basically had been out for a drive round the country side with a friend averaging 35/40 miles an hour, coming into a small village approx 25mph passing through a slight bend we came accross 4 cyclists the last 2 were side by side.  Had slowed to 18mph (dash cam) the guy that was on the right slowed and tucked in behind the lady he was taliking to.  We proceeded to pass them when all off a sudden he veered in front of us and ? fell-got knocked over.  He then rolled and stood up imediately and picked his bike up.

He came to the passenger window at which point we asked if he was ok, I think my friend was in shock at this point.  The guy then said it's not the 1st time he had done that and said he had hit a pot hole.

My reason for slowing down the fast video was simply to view the road and accertain what had actually happened, my old camera (Trancend 220) would not have showed the speed and GPS in the event of this being a serious accident.   No pot hole that we could see on the Dashcam, think he simply slowed too much and turned the front wheel in an effort to balance the bike which caused him to fall and roll away.  My car sustained a small scrape on the front of the bumper where we think the pedal caught it.

Really glad I had got the extra information on the dashcam, had the guy have been injured I was it would have have been there as prove, The lesson i learned, things can change in an eye blink and having the Dashcam is as good if not better than having an insurance black box in the car. :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.