Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexfucit  (Read 20792 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Brexfucit
« Reply #90 on: 31 March 2019, 17:13:54 »

I think there will be a majority (for something) from the next round of indicative voting tomorrow.

But what do I know...... :-\

.......and even if there is will TM and the government respect that vote?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 31 March 2019, 17:15:19 »

In my crystal ball I see MV4........ :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 31 March 2019, 17:21:26 »

You cannot lay all of that at the leave door.
Well, the timings are amazingly suspicious.

A lot of the UK market slump has been manufactured directly by the remain establishment.  Project Fear for one.
Do you realise quite how ridiculous that sounds :o.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 31 March 2019, 17:33:47 »

Stay or fully leave were the only two alternatives that could have worked, and I think that's what the public were under the impression they were voting for.
If I'm honest, I think a significant propertion of leave votes, by the uninformed, voted leave under the misapprehension it would curb immigration. Certainly if the pub talk at the time was anything to go by. Also, I suspect some voted remain purely because the Guardian told them to.  As said, the British public are thick.  But anyways....

I think an issue was that with the referendum outcome almost being a draw, a compromise was probably a sensible tactic.  Only the vocal contingent of either side was, and remains, unwilling to compromise.  Ultimately, a compromise means nobody gets what they asked for, that rather than piss off around 50% of the electorate, you piss off 100%.

It has irreparably damaged our economy.

And now we have the worse of all outcomes, A50 extensions, which is more uncertainty.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #94 on: 31 March 2019, 17:39:45 »

Stay or fully leave were the only two alternatives that could have worked, and I think that's what the public were under the impression they were voting for.
If I'm honest, I think a significant propertion of leave votes, by the uninformed, voted leave under the misapprehension it would curb immigration. Certainly if the pub talk at the time was anything to go by. Also, I suspect some voted remain purely because the Guardian told them to.  As said, the British public are thick.  But anyways....

I think an issue was that with the referendum outcome almost being a draw, a compromise was probably a sensible tactic.  Only the vocal contingent of either side was, and remains, unwilling to compromise.  Ultimately, a compromise means nobody gets what they asked for, that rather than piss off around 50% of the electorate, you piss off 100%.

It has irreparably damaged our economy.

And now we have the worse of all outcomes, A50 extensions, which is more uncertainty.
There is no compromise. We are in or out. The ballot paper said leave, so leave it is. Even if we keep a tiny amount of EU legislation, or have a customs union or whatever....we are not 'out'.

I know this is now not going to happen, but it should have.

I just hope that this doesn't get dragged up for the next decade or so, but I think we all know it will.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 31 March 2019, 17:41:13 »

The Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU petition has now been signed by 6 million people. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #96 on: 31 March 2019, 17:50:22 »

The Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU petition has now been signed by 6 million people. ;)
And what difference does that make? We've voted already. If we don't leave, we don't live in a democracy. It really is that simple.
Anyone who says people voted this way or that because of this or that obviously doesn't know how a democracy works.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 31 March 2019, 17:54:22 »

Can't we remain in the EU for say another decade or so, and discuss the UK leaving over a nice cup of tea and a chocolate digestive?....... :) ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 31 March 2019, 17:57:06 »

And what difference does that make? We've voted already. If we don't leave, we don't live in a democracy. It really is that simple.
Anyone who says people voted this way or that because of this or that obviously doesn't know how a democracy works.

And yet Labour are increasingly aiming for a "Peoples Vote" ::) ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 31 March 2019, 18:28:25 »

It has 6 million signatures. In the world of online petitions that is nothing like the same as 6 million people.
Even if it was 6 million people, they still need another 11.5 million for to have the right to get what they want.  :)

Labour arent really aiming for anything. They are probably more divided than the Tories on the issue.
Corbyn is going round in circles, attempting to please the various factions of his party and its voters, while trying to attack the Tories, and hoping we still leave - all at the same time.

And still almost everyone is centring the whole debate around purely economic issues, because they are the ones that cant be proved or disproved until after we have left.
The remainers cant begin to win the other, and much more important aspects of the debate.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2019, 18:32:24 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 31 March 2019, 18:37:33 »

Had the result of the referendum gone 52%/48% in favour of remaining in the EU, there would have been no attempt to appease the 48% or compromise to satisfy them.  ::)  Cameron and Osborne would have slapped each other on the back and collected their rewards from the establishment and our EU masters, Peerages and villas in sunny places etc and the whole idea would have been kicked into the long grass.  ::)

For nearly 3 years now the re-mainstream media and establishment have been scratching around for reasons why people voted leave and they still don't get it!  ::)  They've talked about the 'left behind', immigration, Russian interference, Aaron Bank's money, Vote Leave's irregularities etc, but they still don't understand that this is simply just a matter of how we are governed.  ;)

When David Cameron announced that an in/out referendum was to be held, my first thought was that we would be leaving the EU.  :y  In fact the only surprise in the result for me was that the result was so close, as I expected it to be at least 60% in favour of leaving.  I don't believe that most people voted leave because of what was written on the bus, or because they wanted all the furriners kicked out, it was just a deep seated unease across society that power was slipping away from our democratic system and into the hands of the unelected and unaccountable.  I think it's as simple as that and the reason that the result was so close was that the Remain campaign was more successful at converting Leavers than vice versa.  Large swathes of the middle classes voted remain because of their jobs, investments, pensions and house prices and were persuaded by the prophets of doom, gloom and disaster.  There was no positive vision of staying in the EU, just promises of riding off to hell in a handcart.  ::)

I have friends who were always Eurosceptic, but when push came to shove voted remain because of these reasons.  A position that personally I find pretty shortsighted, as the direction of travel is only going to be one way. Brussels way!  Which I don't think is in the long term interest for the UK in a fast changing world, where already we do more of our international trade outside of the EU, but let the EU control our international trade policy.  Where around 10% of the UK's GDP is generated by our trade with the EU, but we organise our entire economy to facilitate that small percentage. Where membership at some point of the disastrous Euro is inevitable.....  ::)  And that's just for starters....  :)

But that's just my opinion as a stupid, thick, uneducated and bigoted, leave voter and supporter!  :)

PS I've been called all those things!  :(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 31 March 2019, 18:55:24 »

I don't think you are a thick brexiteer, Sir Tig .

You can't own a Marina coupe and be stupid..... :D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 31 March 2019, 19:21:57 »

Had the result of the referendum gone 52%/48% in favour of remaining in the EU, there would have been no attempt to appease the 48% or compromise to satisfy them.  ::)  Cameron and Osborne would have slapped each other on the back and collected their rewards from the establishment and our EU masters, Peerages and villas in sunny places etc and the whole idea would have been kicked into the long grass.  ::)

For nearly 3 years now the re-mainstream media and establishment have been scratching around for reasons why people voted leave and they still don't get it!  ::)  They've talked about the 'left behind', immigration, Russian interference, Aaron Bank's money, Vote Leave's irregularities etc, but they still don't understand that this is simply just a matter of how we are governed.  ;)

When David Cameron announced that an in/out referendum was to be held, my first thought was that we would be leaving the EU.  :y  In fact the only surprise in the result for me was that the result was so close, as I expected it to be at least 60% in favour of leaving.  I don't believe that most people voted leave because of what was written on the bus, or because they wanted all the furriners kicked out, it was just a deep seated unease across society that power was slipping away from our democratic system and into the hands of the unelected and unaccountable.  I think it's as simple as that and the reason that the result was so close was that the Remain campaign was more successful at converting Leavers than vice versa.  Large swathes of the middle classes voted remain because of their jobs, investments, pensions and house prices and were persuaded by the prophets of doom, gloom and disaster.  There was no positive vision of staying in the EU, just promises of riding off to hell in a handcart.  ::)

I have friends who were always Eurosceptic, but when push came to shove voted remain because of these reasons.  A position that personally I find pretty shortsighted, as the direction of travel is only going to be one way. Brussels way!  Which I don't think is in the long term interest for the UK in a fast changing world, where already we do more of our international trade outside of the EU, but let the EU control our international trade policy.  Where around 10% of the UK's GDP is generated by our trade with the EU, but we organise our entire economy to facilitate that small percentage. Where membership at some point of the disastrous Euro is inevitable.....  ::)  And that's just for starters....  :)

But that's just my opinion as a stupid, thick, uneducated and bigoted, leave voter and supporter!  :)

PS I've been called all those things!  :(

Well that has just saved me 30 minutes typing because it is EXACTLY what I was going to say .
Thank you Sir Tigger .
I might use that elsewhere and risk your wrath and a summons for plagiarism........

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 31 March 2019, 20:19:35 »

I don't think you are a thick brexiteer, Sir Tig .

You can't own a Marina coupe and be stupid..... :D

Thank you M'lud!  :y

Marina ownership was a family thing at the time as my Dad had a Marina pickup in British Racing Green!  :y

When all my mates had hatchbacks, Fiat 127's, Fiesta's, Metro's and R5's, my Marina was a proper car!  :y

Not quite a Capri though, but only trumped by another mate who had a nice Saab 99 at the time, which was a tank of a thing.  He stacked it into a hedge and it emerged unscathed!  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 31 March 2019, 20:20:11 »

Well that has just saved me 30 minutes typing because it is EXACTLY what I was going to say .
Thank you Sir Tigger .
I might use that elsewhere and risk your wrath and a summons for plagiarism........

Feel free Don!  :y

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.