Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Could be quite expensive.  (Read 6651 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Could be quite expensive.
« Reply #45 on: 15 April 2019, 09:20:15 »

Picked the 4x4 up this morning the delay was because the replacement took 13 hours in total not 3 as costed by Hyundai , fortunately I had agreed to the original quote before work commenced 😉
Labour 275.07
Parts 1114.28
VAT 277.87 Total 1667.22
I spoke with the workshop foreman this morning, used to be a neighbour till we moved & he told me the sheer weight of the unit caused the biggest problems but if they get another one in the price would be a lot different !
So back to Sussex tomorrow to collect the caravan.
Wise of Tilbo to get a quotation before the work commenced. I imagine the Hyundai labour figure is based on the lads doing the job having done a few before and knowing what they were doing.

James CDX's clutch change description says it can be done in four hours without help, impressive.
The first one I did took longer than that, things kept going wrong; gearbox not coming off as expected, not going back on easily, hydraulic hose reconnection, gear linkage reassembly, etc.

In the 1970s a mobile mechanic, Martin Semmler, changed the clutch on my Peugeot 505GTI family estate, in my drive, in a morning, for about £100, seemed cheap enough.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 April 2019, 11:07:38 »

In the 1970s a mobile mechanic, Martin Semmler, changed the clutch on my Peugeot 505GTI family estate, in my drive, in a morning, for about £100, seemed cheap enough.

Those old Peugeots were great, and I believe are still a common sight on the roads of Francophone Africa.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #47 on: 15 April 2019, 16:23:22 »

Picked the 4x4 up this morning the delay was because the replacement took 13 hours in total not 3 as costed by Hyundai , fortunately I had agreed to the original quote before work commenced 😉
Labour 275.07
Parts 1114.28
VAT 277.87 Total 1667.22
I spoke with the workshop foreman this morning, used to be a neighbour till we moved & he told me the sheer weight of the unit caused the biggest problems but if they get another one in the price would be a lot different !
So back to Sussex tomorrow to collect the caravan.
I'm surprised labour is so cheap and the parts so expensive.

Labour = 91.69 per hour , fortunately online charged me for 3 not the whole 13 😀

What were they playing at, its not that hard to change with a ramp, there just big and heavy boxes (yet still rather weak)

I guess at the price a new flywheel was fitted to ?  :y

Yes dual mass flywheel also fitted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.