Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top bloke  (Read 1349 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Top bloke
« on: 11 April 2019, 09:06:50 »

Went to the local Ford dealers yesterday.As I was nearing the door to the service reception/parts dept area I was aware that someone behind me was also heading that way.When I got to the door I opened it and as is my habit in such circumstances held it open and stood holding it for the other person to enter first,I was totally surprised to see this other person was none other than Guy Martin!He thanked me as he passed[all too many people don't even bother to do this these days]and I followed him in.Some others already inside-and some of the staff]recognized him and engaged him in conversation-some only knew him from his TV shows while others like myself know of him for his motorcycle racing-and although he was in his "scruffs" so obviously working he took the time to chat/share a joke or two.There were no airs and graces about him a totally down to earth bloke extremely friendly and polite to everyone,a truly top bloke :y :y :y

aaronjb

Re: Top bloke
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2019, 09:26:10 »

:y Nice to hear he's as down to earth in real life as he appears on the tellybox and in his books.

kingshott50

« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2019, 11:41:56 »

There is still some nice down to earth people about,I was at le mans 24 a few years ago standing behind the pits looking at the Aston Martin's
And standing next to me was Dave Richards prodrive boss and Jenson button's old boss in f1 .we were chatting away as if we new each other
For years , :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2019, 12:03:25 »

Went to the local Ford dealers yesterday.
Have you crossed over to the dark side Mr Baza  ???  :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2019, 12:42:50 »

Went to the local Ford dealers yesterday.As I was nearing the door to the service reception/parts dept area I was aware that someone behind me was also heading that way.When I got to the door I opened it and as is my habit in such circumstances held it open and stood holding it for the other person to enter first,I was totally surprised to see this other person was none other than Guy Martin!He thanked me as he passed[all too many people don't even bother to do this these days]and I followed him in.Some others already inside-and some of the staff]recognized him and engaged him in conversation-some only knew him from his TV shows while others like myself know of him for his motorcycle racing-and although he was in his "scruffs" so obviously working he took the time to chat/share a joke or two.There were no airs and graces about him a totally down to earth bloke extremely friendly and polite to everyone,a truly top bloke :y :y :y

Sounds like you saw a Guy Martin ' lookalike ' to me, Baza.

The real Guy Martin would have had the gearbox from a lorry under his arm. :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2019, 13:00:57 »

No Dave not gone over to the dark side-well not completelyanyway[I do have a V70 as well as the Elite though]-I was there doing the same thing he was,picking up parts for someone else :y No gearbox under his arm Opti but he did rock up in a Transit van!Some TV "celebrities" can come across on TV as everyones bestest mate where in real life they're obnoxious little twerps hung up on their own "celebrity",not so with Guy Martin what you see on telly is what you get face to face-in my limited experience of meeting him :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2019, 13:10:46 »

:y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2019, 13:23:13 »

but he did rock up in a Transit van!

He is oft quoted as loving (and living in!) his Transit van(s) in his racing days.. there's even a special edition Transit with his name on it: https://www.ms-rt.co.uk/guy-martin-proper-edition/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2019, 14:55:41 »

Does it under steer and catch fire?  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2019, 19:47:31 »

No Dave not gone over to the dark side-well not completelyanyway[I do have a V70 as well as the Elite though]-I was there doing the same thing he was,picking up parts for someone else :y No gearbox under his arm Opti but he did rock up in a Transit van!Some TV "celebrities" can come across on TV as everyones bestest mate where in real life they're obnoxious little twerps hung up on their own "celebrity",not so with Guy Martin what you see on telly is what you get face to face-in my limited experience of meeting him :y

I had the privilege of meeting Johnny Johnson, the last Dambuster, at a Squadron dinner at the RAF Club last weekend, a lovely man, with a great sense of humour, clearly bemused by his own celebrity. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.