Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST BEEN THINKING...  (Read 3533 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: JUST BEEN THINKING...
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2006, 22:02:43 »

Dunno about the legend, but the honda engine 623 wasn't too bad. Lacked suspension travel at front though, which compromised handling slightly. Thirsty as well. But still a pleasant drive...
Grumpy old man

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 August 2006, 01:24:11 »

I would't mind that MG ZT 280?? The one which they shoe horned an american V8 lump...

....and RWD!
Alas, no more Omegas....

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 August 2006, 10:59:51 »

Rover 623. Horrid!
Same wallowy suspension as in the 400 series. When mated to an engine with a bit of poke you and up with scary handling!
Used to have too much body roll, would understeer far too easily and had brakes best described as "wooly"  :o
Interior was typical Rover. Plastic and wood coloured plastic. Seats were uncomfortable and everything just felt flimsy.

Alas I drove 2 of them on a regular basis when they were less than a year old. Would not like to drive one now!

Not driven the ZT. I have extensively driven the ZS though, in 120 & 180 guises.
Both much better than I expected. ZS180 is rather good fun and handles very well, but engine sounds a bit harsh when you rev it, which you need to do to keep the power on tap.

Honda Legend....hmmm
I have a friend who has just sold his 3.5 V6... and has bought a 3.0 X type.   :)
It was a very nice car. Very comfortable, quiet, powerful and smooth with lots and lots of toys.
However, the suspension wallows far too much and talk about thirsty! It averaged 21mpg!
He was thinking of a late elite but then got his boss' old company car at a fabulous price.

The Administrator.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #18 on: 12 August 2006, 11:06:05 »

about cars. I do that a lot lately....less about sex.....more about cars...mmmm
Anyway, just thinking...why is it that a lot of the cars that I absolutely love, others most definately do not.

Omegas---you can pick them up for a song
Rover 600 series(esp 623 GSI)---next to nothing
Legend 3.5V6---beautiful car for the prices these days
MGZT(esp190+)----decent '03 for five grand

Is it just me or are these great cars?

Well i at elast agree 100%

Omegas we are all in agreement
Rover 600 fantastic cars for the money - even cheaper than omegas great spec and HONDA engined - v plated good spec under £1000
Legend - well its a Honda
MGZT great money for a good car - less Rover than you think and after 2001 hgf should not be an issue

« Last Edit: 12 August 2006, 11:06:52 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.