Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAEWOO LANOS [97]INFO NEEDED.  (Read 1521 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
DAEWOO LANOS [97]INFO NEEDED.
« on: 20 June 2009, 20:53:26 »

i know these cars are based on an astra but does anybody have any idea what model astra?, its just the brother-in-law has got one that failed the MOT on a busted rear spring, so ive got the job of fixing it but for a daewoo listed spring its £30 plus vat whereas the astra ones are nearly half that. :o i would take the old spring as a pattern but as there is a lump totally missing it wouldnt be much help, ideas anyone ::)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: DAEWOO LANOS [97]INFO NEEDED.
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2009, 20:54:34 »

Astra F i believe they're based on.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

amigov6

« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2009, 21:34:32 »

Do you try to be unlucky? Maybe one day your luck will change for the better.....
   That'll be the day   ooooooo!!!! ::)

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2009, 21:37:17 »

The difference is only £15 mate, may as well get the proper Daewoo one for it..........??

:)
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2009, 21:55:27 »

The difference is only £15 mate, may as well get the proper Daewoo one for it..........??

:)
i would webby but the thing is his working hours have been slashed & he is in danger of losing his house but needs the car for work, & excuse my ignorance but what is an astra F? :-/

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2009, 21:56:55 »

Do you try to be unlucky? Maybe one day your luck will change for the better.....
thanks guy ;D ;D & dont ask me about my bathroom dilemma ive had this week :'( :'(

amigov6

« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2009, 00:21:28 »

thanks guy ;D ;D & dont ask me about my bathroom dilemma ive had this week :'( :'(
   Ok i won't!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2009, 11:24:30 »

Ok i won't!

But I will! Spill the beans then!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2009, 21:11:39 »

Ok i won't!

But I will! Spill the beans then!
o,k boys & girls,,,,,are you all sitting comortably??,,,then we`ll begin :)
got a plumber in to fit a bath in our pokey bathroom as it was a wetroom type of thing, well the first job was to take up ceramic floor tiles,,,hmmm easy enough but it what was under it that wasnt, the shower floor & water run-off was a preformed steel thing which was nailed to the floor >:(, so out with the angle grinder as trying to pull them out was lifting the floorboards [which was a worry], so as it was a shoehorn fit it was decided to cut it in 2 bits, we then lifted it & ,,,,ARGHHHHH!, where this shower has obviously not been water tight its leaked through to the floorboards, so i thought oh well id better get ready to buy a couple of new ones, by the time id finished i needed 4 floorboards, then to inspect the joists,,,,,hmmmmm should they really have the texture of sawdust??, so now its 4 boards & 3 joists that needed sorting :'(,
so sorted that mess out & the plumber begins, "i`ll just remove these bottom tiles & skirting so i can lift the floorboards a bit to run the pipes under the floor" he said, so with a little persuasion with a jemmy off came the skirting,,,,,,,complete with a huge lump of plaster with 3 rows of tiles attached >:( >:(,,,oh dear was his cry [spelt with 2 L`s & cks on the end] so now plastering required, next was the waste pipe for the bath,,,"just a little tap on the old pipe & replace" was the approach,,,,,ooops thats now a half brick needs fitting, so what started off as an afternoon job for the handyman & myself has ended up as 3 days work & ive still got the tiling to do,,,,,,,,yes unlucky alf is back on form ;D,,,,,i bet you wished youd never asked :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.