Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OMEGAS - What forms?  (Read 1065 times)

hoj

• Intermediate Member
  • BURY
    • View Profile
OMEGAS - What forms?
« on: 14 July 2009, 13:41:41 »

Been a slightly sad day today as i have just come back from a funeral.
Anyway the Hearse and funeral cars were all Migs which prompted me to wonder what types/forms of Migs are out there? or have you seen?
Personally for me its a Hearse, Funeral Car, Police Car, Stretched Limo and a Convertible
« Last Edit: 14 July 2009, 13:42:13 by hoj »
3.2 Elite in Oyster

Welung666

Re: OMEGAS - What forms?
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2009, 13:43:52 »

There is an orange ute (pick-up) floating round the interweb, I believe it's a holden though but close enough for me ;)

Also armoured version to with 4" thick glass  :o
« Last Edit: 14 July 2009, 13:44:09 by Welung666 »

Pedro

« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2009, 15:27:26 »

Omega convertable?
Where?
Who?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2009, 16:13:54 »

There is an orange ute (pick-up) floating round the interweb, I believe it's a holden though but close enough for me ;)

The Protection Squad cars?

I know I had the very rare pleasure of being able to look around one of the cars, a Daimler if I remember correctly, used by Maggie Thatcher in the 1980s.  The armoured doors, windows, bodywork, and some of the, then secret, security devices / equipment was amazing!  So one of the Omega's so equipped must be quite something, although I dread to think what the mpg is! :o :o :o ;) ;)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2009, 16:21:12 »

I know I had the very rare pleasure of being able to look around one of the cars, a Daimler if I remember correctly, used by Maggie Thatcher in the 1980s.  The armoured doors, windows, bodywork, and some of the, then secret, security devices / equipment was amazing!  So one of the Omega's so equipped must be quite something, although I dread to think what the mpg is! :o :o :o ;) ;)
I think they used the DTI's or the 2.2 so must've been slow too  :o
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2009, 16:26:35 »

I think they used the DTI's or the 2.2 so must've been slow too  :o

The Daimler had a big engine, at least a 4.2 but I cannot remember exactly as I was too busy looking at everything else! ::) ::)  Surely the Omega's on those duties must be at least 3.2's so as to move that very heavy body very quickly out of a compromising situation. ;) ;)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2009, 07:32:20 »

ive driven one of these security cars[close protection] and i can tell you they dont have standard engines.mine was a ford[sorry] and i was only told what a few of the switches did.the "security man" was in charge of the others in testing this was one quick car that i took up to just over 100 mph and this was  bomb proof plus bullet glass and must have weighhed close to 3tone.dont no what engine it had as i wasnt allowed to look
« Last Edit: 15 July 2009, 07:33:05 by r1 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.