Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: struggling with crap FM transmitter for your MP3?  (Read 1670 times)

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
struggling with crap FM transmitter for your MP3?
« on: 09 August 2009, 15:51:15 »

For those who are wanting to use their MP3 player on a CDR2006 or other cassette deck stereo i highly recommend the Belkin cassette adapter.

Around £6 on ebay, MUCH better sound quality than those rubbish FM transmitter ones, ive been very impressed indeed!  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: struggling with crap FM transmitter for your MP3?
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2009, 15:57:26 »

because the ariel is the back window, wireless ones are shite in the Omega. A wired FM Transmitter is the best solution

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2009, 16:08:39 »

Wired FM transmitter?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2009, 20:08:53 »

Wired FM transmitter?
Yeah, physically connected somewhwere in aerial lead
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2009, 20:24:33 »

because the ariel is the back window, wireless ones are shite in the Omega. A wired FM Transmitter is the best solution

I wonder what DaveDND's opinion is  :-/  ;)  ;)  ;) ....... http://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-88t.html

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2009, 21:06:11 »

Wired FM transmitter?

I cant say ive ever seen on of those, just the tape and FM ones.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2009, 21:19:59 »

I tried one of those FM transmitters and have to agree , it was absolute rubbish.
Was thinking of one of these adaptors for my MP3 player  until Unlucky Alf on here told me about this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-8-LCD-2GB-Car-MP4-MP3-Player-2G-With-FM-Transmitter_W0QQitemZ180387759559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item29fff2c5c7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I bought one and it is fantastic. No wires or clutter  or CD cases lying all over and rattling, remote control and external SD card capable. I loaded 50 albums onto it and just leave it in the car it was so cheap. I have an estate and use it in my van too and the reception is first class with no hiss at all.
We also bought these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-GB-2-4-LCD-FM-TRANSMITTER-CAR-MP3-MP4-MP5-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ290336767057QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_MP3Access_RL?hash=item43996b7c51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
which although MP5 Tim is having problems loading video onto it , I haven't tried yet being content with the music . I loaded a 4GB SD card and have about 75 albums so far loaded , more than enough to keep me happy.
I'm sure U/Alf /Tim will be along to say more about them ,but I'm more than delighted.
Highly Recommended.  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2009, 21:32:05 »

Wired FM transmitter?

I cant say ive ever seen on of those, just the tape and FM ones.

Loads of them out there, tape ones look messy and audio is still degraded as it goes though the tape reader.

Wired FM Transmitted is physically connected to the ariel lead, you can access it in the drivers kick panel. You cut into the Ariel feed and have a 3.5 mm jack comming off it, when the transmitter box detects the feed, it cuts to your iPod/mp3 rather than the ariel.

Had one in my last car, quality was very good.

Lee A

• Frome, Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2009, 21:40:17 »

I was quite surprised at the quality of the tape one, when i was on the move it sounded almost as good as a CD, especially if you use DNR  :P

Will have to investigate the hard wired ones, i have a Creative 30Gb MP3 player which has about 4000 songs on it, the only problem is picking what to listen to!

Best to not scroll through while driving though  :D :o

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2009, 22:14:58 »

I tried one of those FM transmitters and have to agree , it was absolute rubbish.
Was thinking of one of these adaptors for my MP3 player  until Unlucky Alf on here told me about this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-8-LCD-2GB-Car-MP4-MP3-Player-2G-With-FM-Transmitter_W0QQitemZ180387759559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item29fff2c5c7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I bought one and it is fantastic. No wires or clutter  or CD cases lying all over and rattling, remote control and external SD card capable. I loaded 50 albums onto it and just leave it in the car it was so cheap. I have an estate and use it in my van too and the reception is first class with no hiss at all.
We also bought these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-GB-2-4-LCD-FM-TRANSMITTER-CAR-MP3-MP4-MP5-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ290336767057QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_MP3Access_RL?hash=item43996b7c51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
which although MP5 Tim is having problems loading video onto it , I haven't tried yet being content with the music . I loaded a 4GB SD card and have about 75 albums so far loaded , more than enough to keep me happy.
I'm sure U/Alf /Tim will be along to say more about them ,but I'm more than delighted.
thanks don for mentioning the mp5 player >:( but the little one is superb as other members who were at ashridge would agree, i was even transmitting to other cars from mine by getting them to tune onto the same frequency, so could be fun if you tuned it onto the same frequency as say radio 2 & watch other motorists who are listening to ken bruce suddenly get a blast of trance music ;D ;D, these things have a 10 metre range so no worries about the aeriel being at the back of the motor, i know TB says they are chavvy but what easier way to play mp3 etc without cables & stuff everywhere & storing 100`s of tracks on an sd card instead of discs everywhere :y oh & just to add it is easy to find the album you want as you can load them as folders which you can view on its 1.8" screen,,,,simples :y :y
« Last Edit: 09 August 2009, 22:22:20 by froggy »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2009, 08:25:40 »

We also bought these
thanks don for mentioning the mp5 player >:( but the little one is superb as other members who were at ashridge would agree, i was even transmitting to other cars from mine by getting them to tune onto the same frequency, so could be fun if you tuned it onto the same frequency as say radio 2 & watch other motorists who are listening to ken bruce suddenly get a blast of trance music ;D ;D, these things have a 10 metre range so no worries about the aeriel being at the back of the motor, i know TB says they are chavvy but what easier way to play mp3 etc without cables & stuff everywhere & storing 100`s of tracks on an sd card instead of discs everywhere :y oh & just to add it is easy to find the album you want as you can load them as folders which you can view on its 1.8" screen,,,,simples :y :y
Gotta agree with one point - it did look like it belonged in a teenager's Corsa  ;D

If I wanted the burberry look, I'd rip out my existing stereo and replace it with a Kenwood/JVC/Sony chav unit plastered in blue LEDs, claiming 1000MW per channel, with flip out DVD screens, and special chav reminder bleeps when you turn it off....
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2009, 11:00:19 »

We also bought these
Gotta agree with one point - it did look like it belonged in a teenager's Corsa  ;D

If I wanted the burberry look, I'd rip out my existing stereo and replace it with a Kenwood/JVC/Sony chav unit plastered in blue LEDs, claiming 1000MW per channel, with flip out DVD screens, and special chav reminder bleeps when you turn it off....
blimey TB who upset you :o ;D, perhaps youd be happier with an old valve radio ;D, these players will run with a standard stereo so no need to get a chav head unit, the only reason ive got a jvc is because the original grundig didnt work, perhaps cos the mainspring broke ;D ;D ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2009, 12:47:23 »

We also bought these

blimey TB who upset you :o ;D, perhaps youd be happier with an old valve radio ;D, these players will run with a standard stereo so no need to get a chav head unit, the only reason ive got a jvc is because the original grundig didnt work, perhaps cos the mainspring broke ;D ;D ;D

I posted this simply because I thought it was a good technical solution to the subject of FM transmission .
Maybe it's indicative of my age where It doesn't really offend me aesthetically but does satisfy my requirement of having a huge resevoir of music that I can access and is portable ,like in my pocket , and keeps my car clear and tidy of all the cases that would have to be carried around but most of all sounds bloody good.
If it comes down to denouncing it simply because of the way it looks , then place a nice bright micro fibre cloth over it......... ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 August 2009, 13:05:52 »

I'm chilled :P

I may have to bring Sammy to next Ashridge meet though :P
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2009, 15:22:15 »

I'm chilled :P

I may have to bring Sammy to next Ashridge meet though :P
is that your tech 2 for stereos then TB ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.