Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic remote window closure kit  (Read 5592 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Automatic remote window closure kit
« on: 06 August 2006, 18:47:26 »

I've seen this kit on fleabay that claims to allow total closure for Corsas, Astras, Vectras etc. Seems all it does is wait for a signal that the deadlocks have been activated by the remote, then starts a timer that holds the key lock signal for 15 secs ensuring that it stays active long enough that the windows and sunroof close without having to hold the button down.

I can't see any reason it won't work on the Omega if the correct wires can be found, which should be easy enough (I hope!). Anyone got wiring schematics for the central locking system?

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic remote window closure kit
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2006, 18:49:53 »

I've seen this kit on fleabay that claims to allow total closure for Corsas, Astras, Vectras etc. Seems all it does is wait for a signal that the deadlocks have been activated by the remote, then starts a timer that holds the key lock signal for 15 secs ensuring that it stays active long enough that the windows and sunroof close without having to hold the button down.

I can't see any reason it won't work on the Omega if the correct wires can be found, which should be easy enough (I hope!). Anyone got wiring schematics for the central locking system?

I thought Omegas already had remote closing of windows and sunroof, mine has, or does it only apply to facelifts?
I like red cars

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2006, 19:17:15 »

I thought Omegas already had remote closing of windows and sunroof, mine has, or does it only apply to facelifts?

My pre face lift Omega does too, but the point is you have to stand there like a lemon with your finger on the 'lock' on the key/fob. I used to be able to walk away from my Senator while it all closed itself (with the help of an after market alarm & Omega sun roof motor) I've never had the inclination to bother with the Omega to make it do the same  :-/

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2006, 19:32:29 »

Omega's already have total closure.

Dont be conned by this.
Breaking a 1996 'N' 2.5 V6 Omega
PM For Details

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2006, 19:38:48 »

i think all vectra's and Omega's have auto closure?

On mine if you want to lock it and the windows are open, press and hold the lock button until all the windows close

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2006, 20:33:04 »

On mine if you want to lock it and the windows are open, press and hold the lock button until all the windows close

Yes ... but as Paul M says, the timer offered on eBay allows you to walk away from the car as it closes the windows & roof by itself You don't need to stand there with your finger on the lock button. It's as quick nearly to get back in the car and close them on the switches.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2006, 20:38:30 »

What I would find useful is something that will allow OPENING the windows remotely. Good thing to have these summer days, you roll down the windows to cool the car before entering it....

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2006, 20:41:50 »

What I would find useful is something that will allow OPENING the windows remotely. Good thing to have these summer days, you roll down the windows to cool the car before entering it....

Haven't you got any doors on you're CDX MJ? ;D
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2006, 20:46:49 »

Haven't you got any doors on you're CDX MJ? ;D

Yes, but I'm far too lazy. Never do yourself something you can do with a Remote Control, that's what I say...
« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 20:47:10 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2006, 21:02:29 »

Yes ... but as Paul M says, the timer offered on eBay allows you to walk away from the car as it closes the windows & roof by itself You don't need to stand there with your finger on the lock button. It's as quick nearly to get back in the car and close them on the switches.

I regually used my auto close during the hot weather... i left the windows open during the day to let the heat out.

I found it much quicker pointing the remote out of the house at the car and holding the button,

Quicker than leaving the house, getting in the car, ignition on, 1 touch all the windows, turn the igntion off, then lock the car and go back to the house.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2006, 21:49:34 »

I regually used my auto close during the hot weather... i left the windows open during the day to let the heat out.

I found it much quicker pointing the remote out of the house at the car and holding the button,

Quicker than leaving the house, getting in the car, ignition on, 1 touch all the windows, turn the igntion off, then lock the car and go back to the house.

spot on mee to, very useful - and whilst it could be quicker - its the first car i have had that has it as standard!  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2006, 22:09:46 »

same here... my dads old Granda used to do it i think.

Would be easier if you press it twice quickly it would do it.... rather than holding the button, but thats just me being picky

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2006, 22:44:49 »

I want to be able to activate the closure by just pressing the remote twice (activating the deadlocks) rather than having to hold the button which is a PITA. I reckon this kit should be able to accomplish that.

Incidentally, my BMW has both total closure and the "total opening" feature someone else mentioned. But in both cases you have to hold the button down, aargh!

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2006, 08:58:16 »

.....and if the button is held down for extended periods of time regularly for total closure, the key battery will only last a fraction of the normal time.

The mod should be possible........
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2006, 09:34:25 »

will the mod effect the alarm arming cycle? if not it could be a bit of a time/battery saver.

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2006, 20:52:46 »

My old Uno Turbo had what Fiat called ATC (Automatic Tempreture Control) it was a very primative form of Climate.

I wanted a remote start on the alarm, then could start the car and let the ATC bring the temp down inside before I got in.

I remember when it failed, and was quoted nearly £600 for a new controller (try finding one in a breakers!), I just removed the system (tidied up the engine bay, fewer pipes), but the car was like stepping into an oven after that!

If you liked your skin, you couldn't park it in the sun!
PM For Details

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2006, 23:18:07 »

Ive just purchased one ,,, If it dont work its only a tenner lost.

Will let you all know when it arrives

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2006, 21:04:23 »

I'm confident it'll work, it's just that without a wiring diagram it's a lot of faffing around with a multimeter. Look forward to hearing how you get on. It might be worth asking the seller to give you the wiring details for a Vectra, you might be lucky and the colours match.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2006, 09:41:43 »

This auto closure kit sounds good, be interesting to see if it works.

Any chance of a How2 Andy8 if you get yours to work.

Sir_Mixalot

« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2006, 00:45:34 »

Have been keeping my eye out for something like this for ages!  Anyone who gets one please post up your results.

I sent the guy a message asking about omegas, i assume they are the same (or very similar) to the vectra...will report what he says.

Sir_Mixalot

« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2006, 19:04:24 »

Me: Does this kit work for Omegas? They have the feature that if you hold down the button on dead-locking from the remote the windows all close. Its a real pain though as you have to hold it down until the windows close, and if the signal breaks at any point the windows stay half open and you have to unlock, then re-lock and hold deadlock to finnish the job.
Cheers

Reply: hi yes it will i think its the same wiring as the vectra's i have sold lots for omega's and sent vectra instructions and they have all left feedback so your more then welcome to try it.

sounds like a yes, andy8 you recieved yet?

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2006, 20:39:01 »

Me: Does this kit work for Omegas? They have the feature that if you hold down the button on dead-locking from the remote the windows all close. Its a real pain though as you have to hold it down until the windows close, and if the signal breaks at any point the windows stay half open and you have to unlock, then re-lock and hold deadlock to finnish the job.
Cheers

Reply: hi yes it will i think its the same wiring as the vectra's i have sold lots for omega's and sent vectra instructions and they have all left feedback so your more then welcome to try it.

sounds like a yes, andy8 you recieved yet?
I think that sounds a bit more like "You try it for me, and if you leave positive feedback, i'll assume it works"  :)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2006, 21:13:51 »

any news on if this works yet?
PM For Details

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2006, 22:52:34 »

Got the vectra instructions with mine and am having a go at fiting on wednesday,  Will post up the results

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2006, 23:17:33 »

Cheers... should actually be easier than I thought, having seen the how-to for the rear boot release (facelift models) it shows that the lock control is easily accessible behind the driver's kick panel and all the wires look pretty easy to get to as well.

Look forward to the results :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #25 on: 15 August 2006, 09:30:01 »

Who actuallly opens all the windows?

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2006, 10:44:26 »

Fair point, thing is though I would find this a handy thing to have as I have a habit of switching off without closing the sunroof and this gadget if it works should make life a whole lot easier, as you could hit the lock button once and all shuts, it sounds good to me and shall be following this thread.

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2006, 14:26:34 »

I do 8-) with the high temperatures a couple of weeks ago and non functional >:( A/C it was a must

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 August 2006, 14:35:13 »

Does this kit also wire into the switch that turns off the interior alarm sensors?  Would be a b#gger if you wanted to lock the car with someone or something inside and wanted to leave a windows slightly open.

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 August 2006, 14:39:16 »

Does this kit also wire into the switch that turns off the interior alarm sensors?  Would be a b#gger if you wanted to lock the car with someone or something inside and wanted to leave a windows slightly open.

I thought it only did the closure if you deadlocked the car (2 presses) I don't think you would do that if someone was in the car

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2006, 15:28:11 »

I thought it only did the closure if you deadlocked the car (2 presses) I don't think you would do that if someone was in the car

Fair point, just re-read the original post, it needs to be deadlocked!

Martin_1962

« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2006, 16:13:41 »

I do 8-) with the high temperatures a couple of weeks ago and non functional >:( A/C it was a must

Whenever I have had this problem fixing AC was a priority!

Martin_1962

« Reply #32 on: 15 August 2006, 16:14:16 »

Fair point, thing is though I would find this a handy thing to have as I have a habit of switching off without closing the sunroof and this gadget if it works should make life a whole lot easier, as you could hit the lock button once and all shuts, it sounds good to me and shall be following this thread.

Fair enough!

I have to button hold about once a week

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 August 2006, 20:54:37 »

That thing with the sunroof busts my chops! You can switch off the ignition, remove the key and the windows still work until you get out the car and close the door. But the sunroof switches off as soon as you switch off the engine :exclamation

I often drive with the window down a bit and the sunroof tilted. I had an Impreza WRX before and it closed everything automatically (part of the alarm system on that). It's great to just get out and lock the car, for it to roll up the windows itself.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 September 2006, 22:43:37 »

Any update on this? I'd kinda forgotten.....

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 September 2006, 23:03:21 »

I disagree, If I turn the dial to close on the sunroof, then stop the engine, and remove the key (before the roof is closed) then it will keep going until its closed, or it hits something (the sunroof is also anti-trap).

That thing with the sunroof busts my chops! You can switch off the ignition, remove the key and the windows still work until you get out the car and close the door. But the sunroof switches off as soon as you switch off the engine :exclamation

I often drive with the window down a bit and the sunroof tilted. I had an Impreza WRX before and it closed everything automatically (part of the alarm system on that). It's great to just get out and lock the car, for it to roll up the windows itself.
PM For Details

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 September 2006, 23:13:13 »

Try switching off the engine (as you tend to do when you reach your destination) then turn the dial to close the sunroof (cos you just realised it's open as you're about to leave the car). Certainly in mine it does nothing, have to turn the key back to 2, or hold the remote button down.

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 September 2006, 23:16:36 »

if the engine is off, then there is no power to the sunroof circuit.

But I tend to check things before I shutdown, so I normally notice the sunroof open. Although I normally dont open it much more than tilt, as it too noisy.
PM For Details

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 September 2006, 23:22:48 »

Whats a sunroof :(

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 September 2006, 23:27:32 »

An important component in the pre aircon cooling system, also handy for your passenger playing tank commander (works better if you have the optional rpg roofrack and m60 machine guns).
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 September 2006, 23:29:56 »

Something which both my CD's have been fitted with. My current one has it along with Cruise, Climate, Rear Blind and self dipping mirror  ;D

PM For Details

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 September 2006, 23:37:47 »

Something which both my CD's have been fitted with. My current one has it along with Cruise, Climate, Rear Blind and self dipping mirror  ;D

Ahh well, mines got cruise minus the cruise, Climate? well aircon and also a blind rear coz my non self dipping mirror keeps falling off. Did i mention my heated seats ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.