Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I missing something important??  (Read 3994 times)

mijfife

• Intermediate Member
  • Rosyth, Fife. Scotland
  • AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG, IT'S WAS ONLY A GLS!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something important??
« Reply #30 on: 28 September 2006, 10:03:39 »

Hi Matchless, since we're talking imps, I'll sent a pm  ;)

Cheers Jim
The fleet consists of a Singer Chamois Coupe, an Imp based kit car - BS Nymph, and a Kawasaki GPZ 900R (& a Toyota RAV4 LPG for the work horse!)

Martin_1962

Re: Am I missing something important??
« Reply #31 on: 29 September 2006, 10:28:31 »

930....was that from the sunbeam hatch?
1040...offset bores or stroked?
There were also a few 850's which would run up to 12000 and embarrass the 998's. They had short, sweet lives.

I stopped playing with imps 25+ years ago but have happy memories, including changing a clutch plate on the hard shoulder of the M45, sorry officer, nearly finished. I looked at a Stiletto recently but it reminded me of the basic interior, steamed up windscreen, dodgy 3rd gear etc, but what a noise. Upset the owner a bit because he had never used it above 5000, and never in 2nd.  ;D
Why do you change the Wills rings? Provided that the block walls have been machined correctly (x thou lower than the liners...I forget what x =) then you should be able to re-use them as long as you dont disturb them in their grooves.

The Sunbeam lump was a 928cc one and quite a few became available when Sunbeams were upgraded to 1600 or 2200, some 1.0 were used for reshells and some were just upgraded, I paid £100 as an emergency get around vehicle then got the offer of a 1600 out of an Avenger for £40, needed the box as well £15.

Sold the water pump engine for £25 to the owner of an Imp powered trike who needed a good engine.

Sunbeam was just too heavy - even the 1300 was a slug. The 1600 worked well.

Hence the large supply of 928cc engine snapped up by the Imp crowd - and 1.0 Sunbeams either being used as shell donors or getting new power trains from rusted out Avengers & Sunbeams.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.