Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AR25 autobox  (Read 1344 times)

old cruiser

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
AR25 autobox
« on: 29 September 2006, 19:18:48 »

When in slow moving traffic, I've noticed that the the change from 1st to 2nd gear is smooth but when it's at the point where it's changing up into 3rd and you have to ease off the gas again at almost the same time , i get a thud noise, it's seems almost as if the autobox thinks, lets change up then suddenly finds it needs to change down ,could be me confusing it in slow traffic!
it's a bit difficult to explain but if anyone understands what I mean, do you get it with yours, I'm almost sure my old Carlton used to do it
Cheers
Pete

RonaldMcBurger

Re: AR25 autobox
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2006, 22:43:18 »

Slack 2nd brake band. As you ease of the power at the exact point when the gearbox is changing up to 3rd, the brake band should prevent the change being a thud.

Just worn a bit. Unless it is slipping as well i would just live with it, but if you do change the box, get an AR35.

old cruiser

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2006, 09:33:22 »

ok thanks Ron

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2006, 13:15:54 »

I have a similar problem, and RonaldMcBurger is probably right - he seems to know these boxes better than anyone else here.

I asked Vx to check this problem when the car was last serviced, they 'couldn't find anything wrong', and said the ATF level was fine and that's about all they can do.

However I am going to attempt an ATF change, (a) because it's not a bad idea to do anyway at 45k, and (b) you never know - ATF and filter change seem to have fixed no end of problems on otherwise-condemned autoboxes.

I will let you know how I get on – though I don’t think it will happen in the very near future due to other commitments… But if it doesn’t help then I’ll just live with it.

BTW, your CDi will be putting high torque into the autobox and this may be why it’s playing up, and this is also why RonaldMcBurger suggested the AR35 from the 3.0/3.2L as it can cope better with the high torque output of diesel engines.
Alas, no more Omegas....

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2006, 17:29:35 »

BTW, your CDi will be putting high torque into the autobox and this may be why it’s playing up, and this is also why RonaldMcBurger suggested the AR35 from the 3.0/3.2L as it can cope better with the high torque output of diesel engines.

Must be a petrol 2.2 Mark.....i tried to get a 2.2 diesel auto and discovered vx never made any  :(

I sometimes get 'thuds' outa mine......and thinking about it could be when i ease of the gas
« Last Edit: 30 September 2006, 17:34:50 by Taxi_Driver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.