Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Road Tax  (Read 5301 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Omega Road Tax
« Reply #30 on: 30 September 2006, 14:08:19 »

I will be elligable for £10 discount - just need to contact DVLA

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #31 on: 30 September 2006, 17:24:47 »

I've just taxed the wifes....£190 for 12mths :(

Wife's MG obviously puts out mre CO2 :(

Its also based on age mate.... pre 2001 cars are not affect by emmisons.

Hence my 2000 X plate 2.2 megga costs 175 a year to tax, my dads 2.2 megga on a 2001 Y plate is 190 a year to tax.... >:(

Same as mine £190  >:( , tho i think i can get a fiver (or is it a tenner) off (tho prolly wont bother just the sake of a fiver/tenner)
My veccies are £115
My merc diesel is £175

Its crazy i think, that my meega is more expensive than my merc considering its running on lpg most of the time  >:(
Only way to get a lpg conversion recognised by the dvla is have it done at a Government approved installer. Also the only way to get London congestion charge exempt as well.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 September 2006, 17:32:07 »

Only way to get a lpg conversion recognised by the dvla is have it done at a Government approved installer. Also the only way to get London congestion charge exempt as well.

You must see a considerable saving in just fuel alone though. Is it really worth the extra for the install to save some on tax?  :-/
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #33 on: 30 September 2006, 17:57:27 »

You must see a considerable saving in just fuel alone though. Is it really worth the extra for the install to save some on tax?  :-/

TBH i dont know if government approved installers charge more.....suspect they probably do tho.....i didnt investigate that option as when i had my meega done these tax rules didnt exist.....only the conjestion charging did....and i decided that it wasnt worth it.....for me anyway.

Rock

• Windsor, Berkshire
  • Right turn Clyde...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 September 2006, 20:12:03 »

Not sure why, but my 2001 CD 2.6 was £104.50 for 6 months! I think it just comes into the newer pricing structure.
Cambelt changed 03/12/06.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.