Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AUTO GEARBOX  (Read 2746 times)

JONNYWAKEY

• Bilsthorpe Nottinghamshire
    • View Profile
Re: AUTO GEARBOX
« Reply #15 on: 30 September 2006, 11:08:37 »

Car is booked in to garage on Thursday to have gearbox flushed and refilled with oil.

Could a faulty camshaft sensor cause the car to go into limp home mode ?.

I code read the car yesterday when the fault happened again, spookily it was the same place i went to last week when the car played up, the only reasoning behind it is that the car park is on a slope, could this also cause the Transmission ECU to thinking there isn't enough oil in the box because on way home I stopped on level ground and switched off the engine and restarted after a minute - all was fine!

Anyway i would value you r advice as to whether the camshaft sensor could cause the limp home mode and put the car & spanner light on the dashboard.

Many thanks

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 September 2006, 13:06:35 »

I think that AutoAddict may be able to answer this question - I believe he had similar car-park related problems in the past.

« Last Edit: 30 September 2006, 13:06:52 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2006, 15:47:05 »

Jonny, PM sent.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 30 September 2006, 17:05:19 »

Car is booked in to garage on Thursday to have gearbox flushed and refilled with oil.

Could a faulty camshaft sensor cause the car to go into limp home mode ?.

I code read the car yesterday when the fault happened again, spookily it was the same place i went to last week when the car played up, the only reasoning behind it is that the car park is on a slope, could this also cause the Transmission ECU to thinking there isn't enough oil in the box because on way home I stopped on level ground and switched off the engine and restarted after a minute - all was fine!

Anyway i would value you r advice as to whether the camshaft sensor could cause the limp home mode and put the car & spanner light on the dashboard.

Many thanks

Yes it could......mine does it quite a bit esp when restarting with a hot engine (10mins or so), but not all the time. Cold engine and it never goes into limp mode.
Also again yes the spanner light on mine has been permanently on for the last week.
As I said in a prev post.....sounds exactly like the fault on mine BUT i do get cam sensor code as well as the gearbox codes.

Mines in at vx dealer at the mo to fix it (only the 7th time now!)
Should know on Monday the outcome.....hopefully they will change the cam sensor this time and not keep dicking about!!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 September 2006, 21:45:40 »

Yes I did have a similar sort of problem. After several visits to the dealer, and eventually getting them to contact Vx Tech Support, after 3 days they discovered it was the cam sensor.

This was around March/April this year and since then I haven't experienced any problems.
I like red cars
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.