Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to put the Parrot  (Read 4569 times)

Phil

• View Profile
Re: Where to put the Parrot
« Reply #15 on: 21 November 2006, 15:41:36 »

I used to have a Nokia car kit fitted to mine. It fitted to a tee bracket that slotted in between the fakey wood and interior trim about level with the hazard light button on the left of the centre console. It was a proper part from a phone shop. Just can't remember where it was from or the brand name.

It was a nice installation and allowed the cables to be fed into the trim with no holes being drilled. It was out of the way but easily reached.

A lot tike the one in my facelift one then???

RobC_NE

• North East
  • IMI and VSIB Qualified Auto Electrician
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2006, 23:18:48 »

those brackets are called "dashmount" strangely enough, i use them all the time for phone kits, LCD screens and radar detectors. http://www.dashmount.com but they kind of limit where you can put things and they tend to be a bit big for items ike the parrot kits. (not to mention quite pricey.)
Saxo, corsa, clit drivers. Before starting on a journey, attach a lit sparkler to the antenna of your car. you drive the thigs like dodgems. for the love of god MAKE IT LOOK THE PART!

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2006, 00:09:53 »

Would one of those fit in the top lip of the face lift, above the wood trim?

As mentioned, the old eyesight is going a bit, wouldn't want it to be over on the Pas' side ideally. Plus would profer it more 'heads up'

But without showing it off to some scrot, thinking it was a sat nav worth smashing the window for. >:(
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.