Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: state pension woe  (Read 1517 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
state pension woe
« on: 24 July 2020, 22:31:59 »

my wife whom has been eligible for her state pension for almost 15yrs has had it stopped, the reason being she has been told was a letter was sent to her notifying her of the yearly increase was returned to them stating " not at this address " trying to explain to them that the letter never reached us & it must be a postal error & the wrong recipient must be the one to return it has for weeks been falling on deaf ears. also to phone them it takes up to 40mins to get through & never less than 20mins. on Monday it will be 11wks. mine incidentally mine has not been effected.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: state pension woe
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2020, 23:34:02 »

Shocking - reminds me of the time when I got a letter from HMRC to say I had submitted an incorrect tax return and enclosed a copy of a form that was completely blank. On checking it was clear they had posted their own blank form back to themselves. When I pointed this out I got the comment back that I was making serious accusations against HMRC officers. Of course it all went quiet thereafter.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2020, 17:08:37 »

raywilb, perhaps a letter to your MP might get some action?

Ron.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2020, 17:41:57 »

What an awful situation which one would think should be easily sorted out , however dealing with any government department now is ridiculously frustrating have you tried writing rather than telephone contact ? I had problems with a pension recently but eventually spoke with someone who appeared to know what they were doing & I asked for their name and only dealt with them it worked for me.
« Last Edit: 25 July 2020, 17:44:47 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2020, 18:04:26 »

You have to remember HMRC are never wrong, and have unlimited powers, granted to them by the Crown, Slap a tax inspector get  2 years, fiddle tax/vat get caught 10years....
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2020, 18:59:05 »

You will just have to calmly battle it out on the phone.

It wont fix itself.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2020, 14:19:56 »

I had the same thing with my company pension.

Letter returned "not known at this address" prompted a security measure to kick in, which is there to avoid the potential for fraud.  The thought is you could have died and someone has been receiving your pension fraudulently.

After sending proof I still existed at my long term address, and completing all security checks with the pension administration company, all was good, although I did receive my monthly pension payment 2 days late.

All you can do is complete all the "security" procedures and chase them on the phone continuously. ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2020, 20:59:19 »

Chasing on the phone?

My experience with passportoffice. You get a message saying weare very busy, please hold, one of our operatives will be with you. Then itclicks and says how long e.g. five minutes. Then a newcall tree with “ wouldyou like acall back? . Ignorethat four times and hope for an operator. Then aclick and it defaults to please key thenumber you want dialling back on. Of course no one dialls you back.

Covid 19 , customer service gone out of the window.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2020, 21:25:14 »

If you hadn't left it until the last minute to get it sorted, you wouldn't have had any problems.

Granted, the stresses of your predicament probably compounded your sense of frustration, but ultimately you had ten years to get ready for your passport expiry  ::)

Hardly the Governments fault, regardless of how incompetent they may occasionally seem ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2020, 11:21:08 »

an update . my wife (as its normally when her pension is paid ) asked me to check to see if it had been paid. no it hadn,t. then i looked at pending payments & its going in tomorrow arrears too. i have an idea how this bother may have initially happened. about 12 wks ago our postman was dressed as a hotdog & was quite pissed. funny but may not have been seeing this as normally he would have. :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2020, 11:32:02 »

Great news , spend it wisely 😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.