Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: SWAP Wanted Please.  (Read 4304 times)

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
  • Kent Border, East Sussex
  • Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's
    • Custom Mondeo TDCi Estate
    • View Profile
SWAP Wanted Please.
« on: 24 September 2011, 16:51:00 »

Sadly I am beginning to have to admit I want an estate car again.

But I don't want anything other than an Omega.

So I am offering up my 111k Miles and going up as in daily Omega 2.2 Auto CD Saloon 2001 X Reg in Star Silver 2, 4 door saloon, Towbar with twin electrics, EVERYTHING WORKS, Air con needs a re gas, It will go without any stereo fitted but will come with the original CD Player that was in it when I got it.

MOT July 2012
Tax Feb 2012

Prodrive spoiler.
Various marks around the body.
Rear Parking Sensors with audio and visual display. Audio can be turned off for towing.
Towbar with twin electrics.
Was DIY serviced 3 months ago.

I went from a 7 seater people carrier to this car and am noticing the difference.

I would like to do a straight swap for a 2.2dti or 2.2 Petrol Estate, Must be Automatic due to my poor health. And ideally similar spec please.

Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
Re: SWAP Wanted Please.
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2011, 16:53:20 »

Forgot to add if I were to accept cash instead of a swap, I would want £1600 ono. I know lots of people will say that is a lot, but this is a car that has had lots spent on it and the only faults I know of now are the air con needing re charging and the bodywork having marks on it.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2011, 13:36:01 »

I would like to do a straight swap for a 2.2dti or 2.2 Petrol Estate

No such thing as a 2.2 DTi Auto, all of them were manuals  :y

Your going to struggle for a swap like this, your best bet is to sell your saloon on Autotrader (not here, as its worst place) then use funds to get an Estate.

£1.6k would be a dealer price on autotrader, your going to struggle to sell that for anything about 4 figures.

My 2.2 with LPG, with slightly more miles would barely fetch £650  ;)

MarksDTM Facelift 2.5 CDX, on a Y Plate & just 85k miles which was without a doubt one of the best maintained Omega's you could possibily buy, was advertised and sold at £850 not very long ago  ;)

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2011, 14:54:23 »

I am only asking for a swap with another Omega on here as I would feel far happier swapping with another OOF member lol. I have only added a price to try and abide by the OOF posting rules, but in fact I don't want to sell it and then have to go out and buy another car. The other option I have got as well is I am looking at Frontera DTi's. And yes there is such thing is a DTi Auto, I found 3 for sale so far in the past month, but they are asking over £2k. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2011, 14:58:27 »

I am only asking for a swap with another Omega on here as I would feel far happier swapping with another OOF member lol. I have only added a price to try and abide by the OOF posting rules, but in fact I don't want to sell it and then have to go out and buy another car. The other option I have got as well is I am looking at Frontera DTi's. And yes there is such thing is a DTi Auto, I found 3 for sale so far in the past month, but they are asking over £2k. :y

Not in the Omega, Frontera maybe, but no Omega. 2.5 yes, 2.2 no  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2011, 17:58:15 »

Not in the Omega, Frontera maybe, but no Omega. 2.5 yes, 2.2 no  ;)

Correct, no 2.2DTi Auto Omega's. Manual suits it, you can extract the turbo power band easily  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2011, 19:42:10 »

As others have said, no Omega 2.2DTi auto.

The only Omega DTi auto available is the 2.5DTi, but that was never offered by Vauxhall, only Opel, and is only available in LHD, but does have the 5 speed auto.
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2011, 22:51:22 »

The only Omega DTi auto available is the 2.5DTi, but that was never offered by Vauxhall, only Opel, and is only available in LHD, but does have the 5 speed auto.

I have viewed 2 2.5DTI Autos....iirc it is the BMW engine, same as in Rover 75..... :-\
As for price, £1600 is way of the scale, a 2.5CDX for sale locally for around £800, been for sale for so long I recon a good discount on that price.....

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2011, 22:53:17 »

Just re read your post, a 2.2 Mig, I just got £900 in PX with half that mileage and loads of recent bills...... :'( :'( :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2011, 23:10:36 »

I have viewed 2 2.5DTI Autos....iirc it is the BMW engine, same as in Rover 75..... :-\
As for price, £1600 is way of the scale, a 2.5CDX for sale locally for around £800, been for sale for so long I recon a good discount on that price.....

as far as I know, that was a plain TD ie the BMW lump. The 2.5DTi that Jamie is referring to came with a 5/five speed auto. The 4 pot 2.2 DTi came with 3 pedals only, no auto option.  :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2011, 23:28:02 »

They would have been the earlier 2.5 TD's which were not fitted after 2001, UK market never got the 2.5 TDi which was the 24 valve version.

Its BMW engine, smoother than the 2.2's, but not as powerful.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2011, 09:21:35 »

Vamps, that would be a 2.5TD not a DTi. As said, no Omega DTi autos with a Vauxhall badge.
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2011, 22:26:58 »

the Rover 75 Diesel has the E46 Non common rail 2.0 Diesel 134bhp engine 4 Cylinder

The omega is cursed with one of BMWs worst creations the M51 Diesel 6 Cylinder

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2011, 10:13:47 »

the Rover 75 Diesel has the E46 Non common rail 2.0 Diesel 134bhp engine 4 Cylinder

Rover 75 diesel is common rail
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2011, 13:54:43 »

Whats wrong with the M51?
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2011, 16:31:46 »

Whats wrong with the M51?
Nothing once retuned back to BMW spec. Ok, it's not a modern engine, so cannot match the newer common rail similar sized units, but it's not bad. Generally reliable, but when it restricts, it's normally spectacular!
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2011, 20:47:35 »

Vamps, that would be a 2.5TD not a DTi. As said, no Omega DTi autos with a Vauxhall badge.

You are of course right, I don't know what I was thinking.......... :-[ :-[  ::) ::)

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 September 2011, 02:52:12 »

Car No Longer Up For Swapz, My Frontera has stopped me from needing an Estate. So I am now on the hunt for some Cadilac Catera Parts!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.