Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Luxembourg PM  (Read 10635 times)

STEMO

Re: Luxembourg PM
« Reply #60 on: 18 September 2019, 20:08:49 »

Yet another example of the biased lazy journalism from our media. All doy long our tv screens have been filled with the images of an angry father of a sick child tackling Boris on a hospital visit about the NHS.
The "angry father of a sick child is actually a Labour activist and former staffer to Emily Thornberry.
Was it a setup / stitchup type of scenario ? I don't know, but if Guido Fawkes can indentify him within a few hours, why couldn't the BBC. SKY, ITV, C4 etc ?
https://order-order.com/2019/09/18/boris-heckler-labour-activist/
Will the beeb mention this on later bulletins, or just rerun the report? Well? I know what I think.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 18 September 2019, 21:04:03 »

Yet another example of the biased lazy journalism from our media. All doy long our tv screens have been filled with the images of an angry father of a sick child tackling Boris on a hospital visit about the NHS.
The "angry father of a sick child is actually a Labour activist and former staffer to Emily Thornberry.
Was it a setup / stitchup type of scenario ? I don't know, but if Guido Fawkes can indentify him within a few hours, why couldn't the BBC. SKY, ITV, C4 etc ?
https://order-order.com/2019/09/18/boris-heckler-labour-activist/

You mean like in Johnson's first disastrous weeks as PM, when he lost 6 votes in 6 days  but all the papers could report was that Corbyn was chicken for not backing a general election that BJ himself claimed he didn't want?

Johnson has the wherewithal to buy best spin doctors, aides and flunkies available, if he can't engineer a way out of that, or the Luxembourg debacle, it really is a poor show.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 September 2019, 21:11:51 »

Err.. Corbyn is afraid of an election, Eg Chicken, didn’t you know?
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 18 September 2019, 21:19:48 »

Err.. Corbyn is afraid of an election, Eg Chicken, didn’t you know?
I don't think an election will solve anything. Politicians will tell lies for a month or so, and then we'll get a no-overall-majority government.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18 September 2019, 21:54:58 »

Yes I was just replying :y
Laying a rubber road.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18 September 2019, 22:17:13 »

Farage believes it likely that the EU are going to make some adjustment to the backstop, so they and he can declare successful negotiations and try and get Treasonous Mays deal through the commons at the fourth attempt. I suspect he may well be right.
If Boris tries this Farage is going to put up candidates in every seat come the election.
If Boris doesn't try it, Farage is willing to cooperate to  do as much damage to Corbyn as possible in the north and hopefully wreck Labours chances of winning a majority.

I actually think that we will end up with Mays dreadful deal possibly with a minor tweak or two. Worse than remain and worse than "No Deal".

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18 September 2019, 22:19:57 »

That’s what I think too :-[
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 18 September 2019, 22:22:35 »

You mean like in Johnson's first disastrous weeks as PM, when he lost 6 votes in 6 days  but all the papers could report was that Corbyn was chicken for not backing a general election that BJ himself claimed he didn't want?

Johnson has the wherewithal to buy best spin doctors, aides and flunkies available, if he can't engineer a way out of that, or the Luxembourg debacle, it really is a poor show.

He still has to stand up and be seen to be leading. It's an important part of being PM, or leader of his party. It's never been one of his skills, and he doesn't have any technical competence to make up for it.

Walking away from an appointment is weak, especially when the other party stays and makes the most of it. The sort of thing an effective politician does instinctively.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 18 September 2019, 22:27:33 »

No I think he’s playing it right he can’t be arsed with the bulls#it and he’s making it clear. Good on him I say he’s standing up for us.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 18 September 2019, 22:28:45 »

He either has a cunning plan, or he's totally bewildered.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 18 September 2019, 22:30:23 »

The way forward is to leave with no deal.

Give it three , maybe five years.

Then entertain the possibility of a vote to rejoin the EU. Obviously loads of caveats would apply. For example raise the threshold for the vote. A proper debate with Rods2 presenting for staying out. We would also need to knowthe rejoining terms.

Simples
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #71 on: 18 September 2019, 22:34:15 »

The way forward is to leave with no deal.

Give it three , maybe five years.

Then entertain the possibility of a vote to rejoin the EU. Obviously loads of caveats would apply. For example raise the threshold for the vote. A proper debate with Rods2 presenting for staying out. We would also need to knowthe rejoining terms.

Simples
There can only be one of two outcomes, leave with no deal or remain. Leaving with 'a deal' cannot be an option because parliament won't pass it. Leaving with 'a deal' cannot be put on any ballot paper because 'a deal' is unquantifiable.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18 September 2019, 22:37:07 »

Farage believes it likely that the EU are going to make some adjustment to the backstop, so they and he can declare successful negotiations and try and get Treasonous Mays deal through the commons at the fourth attempt. I suspect he may well be right.
If Boris tries this Farage is going to put up candidates in every seat come the election.
If Boris doesn't try it, Farage is willing to cooperate to  do as much damage to Corbyn as possible in the north and hopefully wreck Labours chances of winning a majority.

I actually think that we will end up with Mays dreadful deal possibly with a minor tweak or two. Worse than remain and worse than "No Deal".

It will be interesting to see what happens if we don't, bearing in mind BJ would have to somehow recall parliament to vote on the deal, but then fenangle his way out of a no-deal that's been made impossible in law.  ???

What the country really needs is some stability. As a remainer, I'd prefer that to be by staying in the EU (obviously), but personally, we're financially well up this year due to the pound being in the sh!tter, so, from that perspective, long may the uncertainty continue  ;D.

Walking away from an appointment is weak, especially when the other party stays and makes the most of it. The sort of thing an effective politician does instinctively.

Agreed, scurrying back to Blighty because of a small group of "leftie snowflake remoaners" (to put it in OOF terms) leaves him looking comically weak and at odds with the Incredible Hulk-esque persona hes trying and failing miserably to generate. He's falling into the same trap Davis did, going over there, giving the foreign jonnys what for and coming back with sod all for his troubles. He, and the country he represents are rightly a laughing stock on the world stage just now.

There can only be one of two outcomes, leave with no deal or remain. Leaving with 'a deal' cannot be an option because parliament won't pass it. Leaving with 'a deal' cannot be put on any ballot paper because 'a deal' is unquantifiable.

Given that BJ has been (and possibly still is), a 'remoaner', what do you think is the most likely?

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 18 September 2019, 22:41:51 »

I think it’s unlikely he will tone down a lot on what he’s promised,.... but there you go he’s an MP you can’t trust any of them IMHO of course.
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 19 September 2019, 00:49:52 »

You are likely right Rog, but I think that the Labour Party will come to the country's rescue and will vote against it purely on the basis that it is not their deal!  ;D

The Illiberal Undemocrats will also vote against as they are now committed to revoking A50 without a Peoples Vote, probably because they don't trust the people to vote the right way.  ::)

The SNP will vote against as their preferred situation is for the UK still to be in the EU if and when they manage to hold IndyRef2, so that they can claim that the EU will let Scotland stay in if they vote for independence.  ;)

The other small anti BREXIT parties, Change (or whatever they call themselves), Plaid etc will vote against just because a deal takes us out. Then there are the ERG and DUP who will take a lot of persuading and the embittered Tory exiles.

So even if Boris can get a deal, I think it is unlikely that he will get it through Parliament, and unless he has an ace up his sleeve to get round the Benn Bill or whatever cunning plan this Parliament can come up with to stop us leaving on the 31st, we are at the mercy of the EU Council.  :-\

The sting in the tail of the Benn Bill is that not only does it direct the PM to ask for an extension, he has to agree to whatever time scale the EU offers!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.