Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68521 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #105 on: 15 November 2018, 13:42:30 »

18 months of negotiations. About as much success as trying tohaggle with the automated checkout at Asda. Now if we had that candidate offthe Apprentice wecould have got a cent off .

You are right Sir Tigger to rejoin now the EU we never left would ensure The UK would be subservient forever. This is how it works. Once a naughty child aleays viewed as one. I havent found a sngle Spaniard who can understand why anyone voted to leave. Why would they when the EU has dragged them out of poverty and helped create enviable transport links. Theyconveniently
overlook the euro crisis which has hit hard for ten years

The folk calling for a referendum rerun havent thought it through either. For example what would they do if the result was the same i.e. a narrow leave.? If the t hreshold was set at a min of 65% to be meaningful ( a criticismlevelled After thevote) , what if thevote is 64%?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15 November 2018, 14:09:54 »

Esther McVey has now gone, with Gove tipped to be next.
Appeaser Mayhem could be gone before the weekend.  :)
It looks like Gove will be replacing Raab.

An untrustworthy little shit if ever there was one.

Absolutely.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 15 November 2018, 14:13:32 »

My reply that the EU would screw us even more if we try to backtrack, IE the rebate would go, they'd try and force us to take the Euro, and all the opt out's and vetoes would go as well, (all of which would have evenually happened anyway had we voted to remain,) clearly hadn't occurred to him.

I don't think it has to most remain minded people either.  :-X

I believe, when the boot was on the other foot, that kind of talk was labelled "Project Fear".  ;D

Nice try Jimmy!  ;D

Senior EU policitions have already told us that we can remain, but 'it will be a different Europe' for us if we do. So more like Project Reality.....  :P

Ahh but you're forgetting, no facts, evidence, expert opinion or counter argument trumps typing Project Fear, PROJECT Fear, PROJECT FEAR!!!!

Much like "You lost, get over it" - its the internet trump card of our times.  :-*

I contend that if we were to back out now, the EU would be so grateful to have us back in the fold that the rebate will grow, they'll allow us to control EU migration and there will be an EU supplied unicorn for every household.

For anyone to state otherwise or claim I am being unrealistic is just scare mongering Project Fear nastiness, and I shall have no truck with it.  :y

Cameron ask for those things (apart from the unicorns) and they laughed at him and told him to far cough. They assumed we wouldn't have the audacity to leave.
If we somehow decide to stay,the British army will in the future be just a part of the EU army, and ultimately, under the control of the Germans!
They live on a different planet in their own reality, and still believe they will rule us come what may.
Time will tell.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2018, 14:16:21 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 15 November 2018, 14:21:42 »

the problem is that the Genie is out of the bottle never to go back in.

A friend has been having a go today and told me BREXIT  should just be cancelled, forget the whole thing he said.  ::)

My reply that the EU would screw us even more if we try to backtrack, IE the rebate would go, they'd try and force us to take the Euro, and all the opt out's and vetoes would go as well, (all of which would have evenually happened anyway had we voted to remain,) clearly hadn't occurred to him.

I don't think it has to most remain minded people either.  :-X

I've explained to you before why that's rubbish. Yet you continue to peddle it. Why?

We can either unilaterally revoke Art 50, or we cant. The ECJ is apparently due to hear the submissions on Nov 27th, with a ruling expected before Christmas. 

If the ruling is that we can revoke, and we do, then all the existing arrangement remain in place. It's then up to us if we want to give up rebates, opt outs etc in the future. I expect we'd have to contribute to the EU's costs of our failed BRexit, but that's it.

If the ruling is we can't revoke, then we either leave with no deal, leave with some version of the current TM deal.   

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15 November 2018, 14:29:48 »

That sounds very reasonable legally , however when you are dealing with people I would maintain that a marginalised "naughty child" UK versus 27 united countries would soon see whatever changes they wished. At best we would be a second class or possibly in our unique third class as a member country. Human nature is not to forgive and forget however much we might like to believe it is.  At the very least there might be an EU veto put on us to never have another referendum ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 15 November 2018, 14:32:01 »

I've explained to you before why that's rubbish. Yet you continue to peddle it. Why?

Ahem...

Ahh but you're forgetting, no facts, evidence, expert opinion or counter argument trumps typing Project Fear, PROJECT Fear, PROJECT FEAR!!!!

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 15 November 2018, 14:32:59 »

That sounds very reasonable legally , however when you are dealing with people I would maintain that a marginalised "naughty child" UK versus 27 united countries would soon see whatever changes they wished. At best we would be a second class or possibly in our unique third class as a member country. Human nature is not to forgive and forget however much we might like to believe it is.  At the very least there might be an EU veto put on us to never have another referendum ;D ;D

The UK parliament is sovereign. It can hold any referendum it wishes.

And no parliament can bind a future parliament. So even if the current parliament passed a law to ban a future referendum, a future parliament could repeal that law and hold one anyway.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2018, 14:34:54 by LC0112G »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 15 November 2018, 14:41:56 »

"The UK Parliament is sovereign"  ::)

How can it be, when the very laws it passes are subservient to the laws of the EU?   ???

Why do you keep peddling this?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 15 November 2018, 14:48:50 »

In fact much of our "Sovereign Parliament's" time is spent rubber stamping EU directives, laws, rules and regulations onto to statute book.  It was estimated by the House of Commons Library that approximately 60% of parliament's time is spent this way.

Now that might be your idea of a Sovereign Parliament, but it sure as hell isn't mine!
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #114 on: 15 November 2018, 14:58:49 »

Been out for a walk with the dog, got back, and TM is still Prime Minister! What?????

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 15 November 2018, 15:20:41 »

18 months of negotiations. About as much success as trying tohaggle with the automated checkout at Asda. Now if we had that candidate offthe Apprentice wecould have got a cent off .

You are right Sir Tigger to rejoin now the EU we never left would ensure The UK would be subservient forever. This is how it works. Once a naughty child aleays viewed as one. I havent found a sngle Spaniard who can understand why anyone voted to leave. Why would they when the EU has dragged them out of poverty and helped create enviable transport links. Theyconveniently

The folk calling for a referendum rerun havent thought it through either. For example what would they do if the result was the same i.e. a narrow leave.? If the t hreshold was set at a min of 65% to be meaningful ( a criticismlevelled After thevote) , what if thevote is 64%?

That's Ireland too.
They are a mile beyond ecstatic over here in that their pillow biting immigrant son PM fu**ed the Brits by all but threatening the bomb and bullet again if they even thought about drawing a line on a road.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 15 November 2018, 16:14:48 »

In fact much of our "Sovereign Parliament's" time is spent rubber stamping EU directives, laws, rules and regulations onto to statute book.  It was estimated by the House of Commons Library that approximately 60% of parliament's time is spent this way.

Now that might be your idea of a Sovereign Parliament, but it sure as hell isn't mine!

Our elected MEP's, the UK government, and the HMG Appointed Commissioners are involved in every step of every EU law. These laws don't get to the point of 'being rubber stamped' until/unless HMG agrees to them. The idea that we are rubber stamping laws into the UK statute book with no say in the process is bogus.

However, even once the laws have been agreed, and entered into the EU rulebook, Parliament is still sovereign. It can vote to obey the the laws it has previously agreed to, or it can vote to scrap the whole lot and leave the EU. What it cannot do is pick and choose which laws it wants to obey, and which it wants to ignore. That's been the leave camps problem all along - they think they can have tariff free trade with the EU, tariff free trade with the rest of the world, and no freedom of EU movement, and no EU financial contribution.

Whilst we are in the EU there is nothing to stop us 'just saying no'. No additional money, no Euro, no EU army, no loss of rebates, no new EU laws, etc. But once we leave, we lose all that, and chances are we'll have to follow any new rules they dream up without having a say in any of it.   

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 15 November 2018, 16:31:38 »

That's Ireland too.
They are a mile beyond ecstatic over here in that their pillow biting immigrant son PM fu**ed the Brits by all but threatening the bomb and bullet again if they even thought about drawing a line on a road.

I have watched and listened to this with horror over the last two years. It is nothing short of sick, and imo the UK should never forgive or forget this.  >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 15 November 2018, 16:33:18 »

Anyway, Appeaser Mayhem has called a news conference for 5pm. Hopefuly she is finally going to throw in the towel, although Im not counting on it. She has poor political instinct but has a very strong survival instinct.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 15 November 2018, 17:02:45 »

We voted to leave. Very few people actually believe a no deal exit is viable. So we have to have an abortion of a compromise.

Surely that was blatantly obvious at the point we all voted for it.

Though maybe not, as the less informed trailer trash types believe what the BBC/Mail/Sky say, and thought they could have the world, and there would still be enough tax income to pay for what they hold dear...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.