Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68518 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #30 on: 13 November 2018, 19:51:11 »

Anyway, Albs, what's it got to do with You? You'll be deported, to the other side of "The border down the Irish Sea".  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 November 2018, 19:54:06 »

More generous social security and public services I suppose. It isn't just Eastern Europeans who came though. There are quite a lot of French, Spanish and Portugese people living in and around London these days.
I notice that the start of the slowdown of EU folk coming over has coincided with the start of the easing of wage compression.
London is the fourth largest city in France by population. That isn't going to change. If it did, London would stop. As it would without Asians, or Africans, or Eastern Europeans. It's too late to start being patriotic, I'm afraid, we've been pwned  ;D

Im not arguing that anyone should be kicked out. Just that we cant allow unlimited numbers to keep coming indefinitely.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 November 2018, 19:55:44 »

It wouldn't take too long of imposing a 10% tax on German / French / Italian / Spanish cars (for example) before their business people kicked their politicians up the arse and told them to get a proper trade deal sorted in a hurry.
I suspect they wouldn't give 2 hoots about this insignificant bit of rock in the North Sea.  Now our business people are kicking up a stick, because our businesses definitely do need those pesky European markets. Real bad.  And that's why it was never, ever, ever going to be a no deal break. Ever.

Apparently its the biggest export market in the world for German cars.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 November 2018, 19:56:31 »

Anyway, Albs, what's it got to do with You? You'll be deported, to the other side of "The border down the Irish Sea".  ;D

Will they pay me lots of your money to far cough ?  :)

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 13 November 2018, 19:58:52 »

Will they pay me lots of your money to far cough ?  :)
No. You'll be taken to Liverpool and put on a ferry with a one way ticket.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 13 November 2018, 20:00:17 »

It wouldn't take too long of imposing a 10% tax on German / French / Italian / Spanish cars (for example) before their business people kicked their politicians up the arse and told them to get a proper trade deal sorted in a hurry.
I suspect they wouldn't give 2 hoots about this insignificant bit of rock in the North Sea.  Now our business people are kicking up a stick, because our businesses definitely do need those pesky European markets. Real bad.  And that's why it was never, ever, ever going to be a no deal break. Ever.

Apparently its the biggest export market in the world for German cars.  ;)
But not the country that takes most German cars. They build factories in those countries.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 November 2018, 20:44:52 »

Lets turn this on it's head. If you were French or German, would you want us as members of your club? I certainly wouldn't. A snotty little country, with a superiority complex, that can't treat its sick or look after its old people. One who's education system is in meltdown and who's social care is beyond a joke.
Yeah, we're a right catch, aren't we?

Do you genuinely believe all or any of those are better in the other 27 countries? There may be serious  problems and care is a time bomb waiting to go off but the UK systems are still pretty good.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 November 2018, 21:33:23 »

I am genuinely pleased that something seems o be on the table at last. And, like STEMO, I will be even more pleased when I no longer have to hear about any of it, ever again.

If the deal ends up displeasing Nigel farage, that will be the cherry on the cake.  8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 November 2018, 21:57:41 »

Lets turn this on it's head. If you were French or German, would you want us as members of your club? I certainly wouldn't. A snotty little country, with a superiority complex, that can't treat its sick or look after its old people. One who's education system is in meltdown and who's social care is beyond a joke.
Yeah, we're a right catch, aren't we?

You're right Uncle STEMO there are those in the EU who will be glad to see the back of us. Not because we are a snotty little country with a superiority complex, but because we have been a thorn in the side of the EU federalists for the last 40 years and where we have wielded our veto to put the brakes on further integration, the Scandinavians, the Dutch and more recently some of the Eastern European countries have generally followed.  :y

Notice how in the last few days the subject of the EU Army has cropped up again from Macron over the weekend and Merkel today in the EU Parliament.  One French minister was even talking about an EU Empire the other day!  :o  ::) 

I don't know about you lot, but I find the idea of a militerised EU quite a scary prospect, especially with the unaccountable aspect of the organisation.  People get hysterical about Trump having his finger on the button, but what about the idea of Drunker having his finger on France's the EU's nuclear button?  :-X

They are unlikely to admit it, but the EU is losing a fair bit of international prestige with BREXIT as they are losing the worlds 5/6th biggest economy, one of two permanent members of the UN security council, one of the few nuclear powers and a country that wields significant influence around the world.  I read recently that Singapore is looking at renegotiating their trade deal with the EU after BREXIT as it won't be as attractive without the UK.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 13 November 2018, 22:09:45 »

Cancel all my previous optimism, it looks like Mother Theresa has got zero chance of convincing anyone to back this plan. We hadn't talked about it for a while and I'm sorry I resurrected it now.

Glum of Barnsley.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 November 2018, 22:36:38 »

Probably not, but she may do 12 iterations down the line, deadline looming when she's come up a completely different, yet shockingly similar looking plan.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 November 2018, 22:57:39 »

No , Wednesday she will have acabinet meeting then the legal side will start to dribble out. Westminster will vote it down as lets face it no plan will be any good.

Then what ? A General Election?  Sir Starmer will put forward his plan which will have so many red lines that you wont be able to read any of it.

Farage will pop up like one of those fairground gophers you hit with a hammer.

Pound will slide. Business will start to wobble with the added years of uncertainty.

Vince Cable will call for a referendum with ten possible boxes.

David Cameron decides not to make a politics comeback

Article 50 will be extended by both sides to allow more jollies sorry talks.

Years will go by.  Everyone will be fed up of even more media coverage
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 November 2018, 23:23:00 »

Or we just leave on the 29th March, save a big chunk of the £39 Billion and find that lots of mini deals happen very quickly so things still work.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #43 on: 14 November 2018, 06:13:20 »

Or we just leave on the 29th March, save a big chunk of the £39 Billion and find that lots of mini deals happen very quickly so things still work.  :)

That's one hell of a get out clause, let's hope before any government agrees to any involvement of any kind they fully understand what is involved, always read the small print otherwise you will be taken for a mug just like the UK has been

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14 November 2018, 12:40:23 »

Brexit as I understand it is a situation where......

1....We won't pay billions  to the EU each year, and we certainly won't pay 39 billion to leave. :)

2...We will not be part of ANY customs union. :)

3....The 350 million we save each week by not paying the EU will go to the NHS. :)

4.... We will trade freely with the rest of the world. :)

5....The EU will have no control of our laws. :)

6.....The EU 27 will collectively 'drop to their knees' and give us everything we demand......because they need us more than we need them. :)

7.....We will take back control and give the EU a bloody nose. They'll know not to mess with us again. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.