Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68524 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2018, 18:04:14 »

I think the whole thing has a long long way to run yet. I cannot now see a good outcome. Too much squabbling and vested interests and intractability on the EU’s behalf. It wouldnt surprise me if we roll over and rejoin the EU we never left to be a subservient member and object of derision for years.

I saw the other day that Sanchez ( our Spanish p.m.) said there ought to be a vote in the futiure for the UK about EU membership. If and when there is another vote(s) one hopes a threshold is specified as 51.8 or whatever it was clearly isnt high enough.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 November 2018, 18:07:47 »

Now....Wales and Scotland are a bit of a financial drain too.......hmmmmmm. :-\

As is the North of England. Us in the south / home counties will all be rich.  ;D
Its nothing to do with isolation and everything to do with sovereignty and self governance - aka democracy.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 13 November 2018, 18:09:42 »

Now....Wales and Scotland are a bit of a financial drain too.......hmmmmmm. :-\

As is the North of England. Us in the south / home counties will all be rich.  ;D
Its nothing to do with isolation and everything to do with sovereignty and self governance - aka democracy.  :)
It won't/can't happen. There will always be major ties, esp. to France.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 November 2018, 18:14:29 »

Nothing wrong with having ties to other countries. Apart from France obviously.  ;D
You don't have to be governed by countries to have links with them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 13 November 2018, 18:19:06 »

Nothing wrong with having ties to other countries. Apart from France obviously.  ;D
You don't have to be governed by countries to have links with them.
Look...we all know it will be a dogs breakfast. There's no way out and there's no way back. I just want it over.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 November 2018, 18:35:05 »

I'm guessing there is suddenly more uncertainty that we won't back out of the whole leaving shebang, as I notice over the last 4 or 5 days, the BBC have been highlighting immigration again, and misreporting some of the Polish Independence celebrations....
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 November 2018, 18:49:13 »

Its a shambles. Get rid of Mayhem and put someone in charge who has a clue what they are doing.

Any suggestions?

Of the possible suspects - David Davis, as a caretaker PM until the dust has settled a bit.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 November 2018, 18:50:40 »

So the reason we are paying 39 billion to leave the EU is what, exactly? ::)

I suspect because some of our provinces, particularly the taffs and the sweatys have had recent, significant EU grants, and that needs paying back.

But those grants were just returning some of the money we had already paid, but with the added instructions of how they should be spent.

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 13 November 2018, 18:54:36 »

Lets turn this on it's head. If you were French or German, would you want us as members of your club? I certainly wouldn't. A snotty little country, with a superiority complex, that can't treat its sick or look after its old people. One who's education system is in meltdown and who's social care is beyond a joke.
Yeah, we're a right catch, aren't we?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 November 2018, 18:56:07 »

Im a firm believer in walking away without a deal, then trading with the EU on WTO terms the same as we do with most of the rest of the world, and the same way they trade with most of the ret of the world.
It wouldn't take too long of imposing a 10% tax on German / French / Italian / Spanish cars (for example) before their business people kicked their politicians up the arse and told them to get a proper trade deal sorted in a hurry.
I suspect Mayhem has already done a deal with Barnier and what we are seeing now is a soap opera, which is supposed to fool people into buying into their BRINO.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 November 2018, 19:00:24 »

Lets turn this on it's head. If you were French or German, would you want us as members of your club? I certainly wouldn't. A snotty little country, with a superiority complex, that can't treat its sick or look after its old people. One who's education system is in meltdown and who's social care is beyond a joke.

Too right I would, due to the amount of money they fleece us for. As for snotty countries with superiority complexes. No-one can compete with the French or Germans on that score.
A major part of the reason we cant treat our sick,  look after our old, and our education and social care is in meltdown is because Christ knows how  millions ofEU citizens (and others) have been allowed to swarm into this snotty little country and pushed public services beyond breaking point due to the sheers extra numbers.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 13 November 2018, 19:34:07 »

Too right I would, due to the amount of money they fleece us for. As for snotty countries with superiority complexes. No-one can compete with the French or Germans on that score.
A major part of the reason we cant treat our sick,  look after our old, and our education and social care is in meltdown is because Christ knows how  millions ofEU citizens (and others) have been allowed to swarm into this snotty little country and pushed public services beyond breaking point due to the sheers extra numbers.
Not french or german citizens, they have their own public services. So you must mean Eastern Europeans. There must be a reason why they came here and not mainland Europe, surely?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 November 2018, 19:39:42 »

More generous social security and public services I suppose. It isn't just Eastern Europeans who came though. There are quite a lot of French, Spanish and Portugese people living in and around London these days.
I notice that the start of the slowdown of EU folk coming over has coincided with the start of the easing of wage compression.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 13 November 2018, 19:43:57 »

More generous social security and public services I suppose. It isn't just Eastern Europeans who came though. There are quite a lot of French, Spanish and Portugese people living in and around London these days.
I notice that the start of the slowdown of EU folk coming over has coincided with the start of the easing of wage compression.
London is the fourth largest city in France by population. That isn't going to change. If it did, London would stop. As it would without Asians, or Africans, or Eastern Europeans. It's too late to start being patriotic, I'm afraid, we've been pwned  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 November 2018, 19:46:57 »

It wouldn't take too long of imposing a 10% tax on German / French / Italian / Spanish cars (for example) before their business people kicked their politicians up the arse and told them to get a proper trade deal sorted in a hurry.
I suspect they wouldn't give 2 hoots about this insignificant bit of rock in the North Sea.  Now our business people are kicking up a stick, because our businesses definitely do need those pesky European markets. Real bad.  And that's why it was never, ever, ever going to be a no deal break. Ever.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.