Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ETS exhaust for 3.2  (Read 1867 times)

powerslinky

ETS exhaust for 3.2
« on: 03 September 2015, 21:49:53 »

I will keep this brief & to the point ,  I am looking on flea bay at ETS  exhausts for a 3.2 saloon    . . . .  but  seems only 3.0 is listed   :-\     Simple question is  will this fit the 3.2  ?

TIA        Al ;)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: ETS exhaust for 3.2
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2015, 22:17:19 »

Yes Al.....have the mid sections fitted on mine..thanks to Serek  :y..as backbox is Remus S/S so only changed the 2 mid sections.

Get the "clam" style as they are nearer OEM and have read they are quiter but cant comment on that ,although am very pleased with the fit and at £60=00 delivered real bargain but will be a tad more if you require backbox.Dont waste your money on the fitting kit but it may come with it in the overal price

powerslinky

« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2015, 22:23:10 »

Thanks Andrew . . . I'll get one ordered pronto  :y    seems good value at around  £100 delivered    :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2015, 22:27:27 »

Yes.

The only difference is that the facelift has a deeper rear bumper so the tailpipes could do with being a couple of inches longer.

I bought a 3.0 system to fit on my 2.6 because the illustration for the 2.5 system didn't show clamshell silencers. I have been meaning to buy a couple of chrome trims to extend the tailpipes for the last 20,000 miles but it doesn't seem to have done any harm.

The fitting kit seemed perfectly adequate and sensibly priced - I recommend that you do buy the fitting kit :y
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2015, 22:37:55 »

As above yes, have 3.0 system on the 3.2. Never have got around to fitting a trim on the end of the back box  ;D

powerslinky

« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2015, 07:29:59 »

Yes.

The only difference is that the facelift has a deeper rear bumper so the tailpipes could do with being a couple of inches longer.

I bought a 3.0 system to fit on my 2.6 because the illustration for the 2.5 system didn't show clamshell silencers. I have been meaning to buy a couple of chrome trims to extend the tailpipes for the last 20,000 miles but it doesn't seem to have done any harm.

The fitting kit seemed perfectly adequate and sensibly priced - I recommend that you do buy the fitting kit :y

I think the fitting kit comes with it   :-\ :-\

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2015, 07:36:11 »

Yes.

I think the fitting kit comes with it   :-\ :-\
I think you might be right  :) but some people advocate buying the individual components separately.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2015, 08:13:54 »

The fitting kit is fine except use your original GM rubber hangers as you'll find the ETS ones will be cracked and failing in 12 months time.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2015, 08:20:14 »

The fitting kit is poor IMHO, but free, so reuse old rubbers if possible.  Also, the clamps are a bit naff, but try them, and nip to hellfrauds if you shear them.

I would recommend getting some decent paste though, for the mid to rear joins, and the mid to cat flange.
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2015, 08:35:06 »

And drill out flanges, on new system and downpipes' with a 5/16 drill and fit m8 nuts n bolts, m8x55. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2015, 10:58:28 »

And drill out flanges, on new system and downpipes' with a 5/16 drill and fit m8 nuts n bolts, m8x55. :y
I try to stay with the standard setup there, when possible. Even to the point of drilling and retapping when the buggers shear ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 September 2015, 12:49:12 »

I try to stay with the standard setup there, when possible. Even to the point of drilling and retapping when the buggers shear ;D
Yep did the same on both of mine (well Daz did!)

ted_one

« Reply #12 on: 04 September 2015, 14:12:25 »

I've had two recently one for the 3.0 MV6 and the other for the 3.2 Elite, and both needed tailpipe extenders. The Elite is now wearing a slightly melted rear bumper as we found out just after fitment that those gases are a tad on the hot side,and also you know with the extenders fitted the gases are clear of the car and not getting trapped under the car when it's stationary. :-\

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 September 2015, 14:37:40 »

I've had two recently one for the 3.0 MV6 and the other for the 3.2 Elite, and both needed tailpipe extenders. The Elite is now wearing a slightly melted rear bumper as we found out just after fitment that those gases are a tad on the hot side,and also you know with the extenders fitted the gases are clear of the car and not getting trapped under the car when it's stationary. :-\
Where did you get your extenders from?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 September 2015, 15:11:24 »

Where did you get your extenders from?

Also any photos? I've not had issues without them, more for just aesthetics :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.