Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not really a newbie, but.......  (Read 3037 times)

Bigrichpal

• Bury
    • Omega Estate, 2.5 F/L
    • View Profile
Not really a newbie, but.......
« on: 17 October 2014, 20:40:21 »

Hello everyone.

I have been a member here since I got my Face Lift Miggy about 18 months ago. But that being said, I have not been a regular contributor on the forum because I am not really into the whole social networking kind of thing (Facebook, Twitter etc). I like to have a read though the posts and try to offer a bit of advice if I can, and have asked the odd question here when I needed help - and I have not been failed yet. But while hoping not to rock the boat, I would like to ask a question, if I may?

250 posts before I can access the for sale and wanted section?

To many here, the frequent users and the mainstays of the forum, that probably isnt a big target. Many posts here I notice can drift away over to the realms of polite how are you's etc and thats fine. But as I say, this place is not really a chat site for me, it is a VERY useful means of learning about my chosen make of car and how to keep it fit and strong. 250 posts could take me, well lets say, a while and by that time I might have had toi give the government my drivers license back lol.

Its probably just that those of my generation do not use this modern gadgetry in the same way as the younger ones do. But one day I may want something beyond the standard service parts that I have only needed up to now. Also I might want to trade up to the 3.2 V6 one day, and where best to find a good one than a place like this - once I got my posts quota filled.

There we go, just my two pen'orth. Keep up the good work, Richard.
"If in doubt, give it a clout!"

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Not really a newbie, but.......
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2014, 22:36:49 »

You can access the for sale and wanted sections - just can't post in them.  If you want to purchase a part just pm the OP ;)  If you want to put a "wanted" post up, post it in the Test Zone and ask a nice admin to move it for you ;)

HTH
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2014, 00:54:55 »

You can access the for sale and wanted sections - just can't post in them.  If you want to purchase a part just pm the OP ;)  If you want to put a "wanted" post up, post it in the Test Zone and ask a nice admin to move it for you ;)

HTH

What he said and welcome to the form........ :y :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2014, 15:25:54 »

Understand fully. Welcome. And without wanting to make it appear like cheating, even just posting a reply of "agree" or "what he says" can help your post count dramatically. This is a terrific site, which is only as good as the users. And you're more than welcome, no matter your post count. Look forward to hearing from you :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2014, 18:57:12 »

Welcome to oof  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.