Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For those of you that knew Dave Waddington from the AutobahnStormers  (Read 4459 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: For those of you that knew Dave Waddington from the AutobahnStormers
« Reply #15 on: 10 February 2018, 20:04:28 »

I didn't know this guy but was aware of him via the ABS.

Obviously a very sad loss, and my condolences to his family.

I have received today the latest ABS magazine and it was a nice touch that a special RIP card for Dave with a tribute to him was included.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2018, 00:49:44 »

When I saw this title I hoped to christ this wasnt going to be what I feared. I am utterly gutted,  I can safely say he always was in the highest of spirits whenever I spoke to him, and the superhuman efforts he must have made to simply not let the weight of illness get the better of him, showed how dogged and tough he was. I admired him hugely for that.

You'll be smothered with offers of help no doubt,  but please pm me if I can  do anything.  Miss DBG and my dad will be made aware tomorrow.

Kindest of thoughts to all the Waddingtons.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2018, 11:23:33 »

Along with most, I have a list of people that the world would be better off without (the MIL has already obliged!), but I also have a growing list of people who should remain forever.
I never knew this man, but he certainly qualifies for the White List.  :y

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 February 2018, 12:23:02 »

He was also a Witham resident too Ron.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

Just had an email from my boss who attended Dave Waddingtons funeral today. He said he got a really good send off, and he doubts we will ever see so many Lotus Carltons, Holden Commodores etc. in the same place again.
Good to hear that so many payed their respects in a way he would have liked, and hopefully this brought comfort to his family.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile

A friend of mine[ABS Northern rep]was going to attend-don't know whether the weather will have upset her plans-but she was on about using her Insignia rather than Omega,Monza or Carlton GSI.Sounds like he had a good turn out and decent send off though.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile

So glad he had a good send off, a true Gent.
Laying a rubber road.

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile

Just had an email from my boss who attended Dave Waddingtons funeral today. He said he got a really good send off, and he doubts we will ever see so many Lotus Carltons, Holden Commodores etc. in the same place again.
Good to hear that so many payed their respects in a way he would have liked, and hopefully this brought comfort to his family.

Hi, who was that?

I took a fair few pictures that I will try to post up over the next day or so. Final count was 6 LCs, 4 VXR8s, a Bitter saloon, 2 Monzas, a 3.0CDX Carlton and an Omega.

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile

A friend of mine[ABS Northern rep]was going to attend-don't know whether the weather will have upset her plans-but she was on about using her Insignia rather than Omega,Monza or Carlton GSI.Sounds like he had a good turn out and decent send off though.
Elaine did make it in time just about and her attendance, along with everyone else's was greatly appreciated. Dad would have been proud, humbled and probably embarrassed (for the right reasons) that so many people came along, especially that the distances some travelled and how long they stayed.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

Hi, who was that?

I took a fair few pictures that I will try to post up over the next day or so. Final count was 6 LCs, 4 VXR8s, a Bitter saloon, 2 Monzas, a 3.0CDX Carlton and an Omega.

Richard Stiles.

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile

Ah yes. Richard used to be an ABS member and had contacted my via email and I was both surprised and delighted to see him yesterday.

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile

I just wanted to say a massive thank you from my family and I for all of the kind words people have sent over the last few weeks and to everyone who attended yesterday from far and wide. I know Dad would have been humbled and probably a little embarrassed by the attendance and I would think that around 100 people came along.

As we managed to get some club cars there yesterday, I thought I would post some of the pictures, the final count was 6 Lotus Carltons, 4 VXR8s, 2 Monzas, a BItter SC coupe, a Carlton 3.0i CDX and an Omega (with 241,000 miles on it!!).

Thank you so much again.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile

Certainly looks as though everyone did him proud,which of course is no less than he deserved :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.