Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 2.6 Gold CDX Manual F/S  (Read 3171 times)

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
2001 2.6 Gold CDX Manual F/S
« on: 26 May 2012, 23:03:50 »

Hi all,

I had planned to strip and break my CDX but due to me having to re-insure it and use it last week I feel I must advertise it as a complete car for at least a week just to see if anyone can keep it alive.

I've owned it for 3 years and it's never missed a beat, Starts and drives beautifully.

Body work is very clean considering its a 12 year old car ''NO RUST'' anywhere, doors, sills, arches etc. There is a scrape on the front bumper, but really isn't obvious and could be repaired with a touch-up kit from helfrauds. (halfords lol)

Engine is dry - no oil leaks, idles silently and runs very cool (average is 85'C even in traffic 90'C on a very hot day in a big jam) No blue smoke etc (about 3 months ago it was puffing a tiny amount of blue smoke on start-up when it had been sitting for a few days but this hasn't happened for 2+months so 99% sure it was a sticky vale stem seal)

I have some service history prior to owning it, for the last 3 years I have carried out oil and filter every 5k miles & plugs+filters every 10k miles.

It currently has a set of black 17'' MV6 wheels on with 5mm+ on all 4, which I thing contrast the gold really well, I also have a set of CDX 16'' wheels but they need 2 replacement tyres.

Full cream leather inside which is in fab condition, heated electric seats up front which work as they should.

No Tax or MoT but I will put it through an MOT if someone agrees to pay the asking price - I think thats fair?

Pricewise I'm hoping to acheive £950 but offers are considered + the option of an MoT as stated above. A lot of car for the money and everything works as it should.

sad to see it go but I now use a bike for work and SWMBO has a car so it's just going to sit on the drive :(

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask anything.

Thanks

Rob 07789 725 543

The CCR2006 has now been removed as it failed (laser death!)

With the CDX wheels on.

Thanks

Rob 07789 725 543

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 2.6 Gold CDX Manual F/S
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2012, 23:09:45 »

Oh and 81k miles on the clock.  ;)

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2012, 10:47:22 »

After looking on other sites for what omegas are roughly selling for I'll revise the price a bit. As I need it sold as it'll just sit on the drive and get ruined :(

Someone must be interested at £700 OVNO

Cheers

Grrrrrr

• Intermediate Member
  • Buckinghamshire
    • Jaguar. WTF have I done?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2012, 21:32:21 »

Got to say I'm interested but my missus will kill me if another one turns up on the drive. Would be a crying shame to break her.

Sure you don't want to hold on to her for 6 months, just in case?!
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2012, 21:55:14 »

Got to say I'm interested but my missus will kill me if another one turns up on the drive. Would be a crying shame to break her.

Sure you don't want to hold on to her for 6 months, just in case?!

Hi, It would be a shame to break her but even at £700 no ones interested...It's such a shame as its a great example and in great condition but shes only worth what someones willing to pay  :(

Would keep hold of her but whats the point, I'll never use it for work as I use the bike, SWMBO has a car that hardly gets used as it is so it'll just sit on the drive and when cars sit about I often find things start going wrong. It'll be worth the same, if not less, in six months so she'll have to go. as a whole or in bits  :-\

Cheers

Rob

Grrrrrr

• Intermediate Member
  • Buckinghamshire
    • Jaguar. WTF have I done?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2012, 09:00:21 »

OK. May have to take her off your hands then. I always preferred the manual anyway.

I'm off on business for a few days but will get in touch on my return. Cannot promise getting over this weekend as things are a tad manic at the moment but might make the weekend after.

J
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2012, 08:51:14 »

Still up for grabs as the above sale fell-through. I really need it sold this weekend as I need the money for Monday.

It actually still has MOT til end of July - having just checked but no tax.

Final price is £650 - no offers. That is a great price for this car and refuse to let it go for any less.

Collection from Braintree before Sunday night at it's yours!

Any questions please call me 07789 725 543

Rob  :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.