Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 3.2 Omega Elite with LPG  (Read 3318 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
2001 3.2 Omega Elite with LPG
« on: 28 March 2019, 20:29:58 »

It is with much sadness that I announce the sale of the beast … warning.. photo heavy thread !

2001 3.2 Omega Elite – DV51 ONS -  MOT valid until 27 November 2019

177449 miles

This is a daily driver and is far from “pristine”, however for an 18 year old car with 177,000 miles she is in pretty good nick, I would say better than average.

3 Reasons for sale:  Most folks don’t know but back in January I had a nasty fall that ended up with 16 head stitches, cracked ribs, and severe bruising to back, pelvis and hips …  This has left me 1) Struggling to lift/load stuff into the top box when fitted and 2) REALLY struggling to do any work on or under the car due to mobility issues; add this to the fact that 3) She is now over 18 years and I cannot get European breakdown cover from anywhere – there is no way I’m doing 3 weeks in France with the “tintent” on the back without breakdown cover, so I’m afraid she has to go. Replacement is an estate so the lifting problems go, its only 5 years old, so the breakdown cover is solved, and the chances of me needing to work on it are hopefully very low !!

Bad Bits: MOT advisories from November 2018: 1) Corrosion on exhaust – it’s a stainless steel exhaust so the only corrosion is on the bolts at the flanges, no leaks at all 2) Oil sump corroded – very slight weep, doesn’t even drip. Replacement sump and sealant obtained but not fitted. 3) Corrosion near side rear chassis leg – not done but was pretty superficial .... planned to be a summer job but I’m not capable at the moment.

Sump (and heat shields) :

There is a noticeable “knocking” from the front left whilst on hard lock at slow speed (entering parking bay type of movement). Steering Idler, 2 x Track rod ends (complete) and 2 x Drop links purchased but not fitted.

Febi Idler; Meyle track rod ends; unbranded drop links 

NCDC 2013 SatNav CD holder does not read disks. New LASER obtained and a knackered unit on which to practice – still not done (CDC Multidisc player works fine).

Irmscher front skirt- has lost too many arguments with kerbs/speed bumps/potholes etc to be described as anything other than “used”. It has been repaired a few times but looks ok from a distance.

Front Passenger seat heating has failed.

2 sections of heat shield still to be replaced after handbrake cable change. (picture above with oil sump)

Both rear wheel arches starting to show signs of corrosion

more to come ......
« Last Edit: 29 March 2019, 06:40:49 by Auto Addict »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 3.2 Omega Elite with LPG
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2019, 20:38:12 »

Good bits:

Drives brilliantly, still brings a smile to my face when I decide to “play”.

BRC LPG system is working perfectly. Tank was replaced 5 years ago so has 5 years of certified life left. This system saves 38% (about 10p a mile) in fuel costs over petrol, so can easily pay for the car in a short time !

Lambda Sensors moved by Serek so no false Cat failure warnings

4 new tyres and full alignment done in October 2018

All systems work as advertised.

Towbar and FULL 13 pin electrics fitted with split charge relay and Vauxhall control box

Front wishbones refurbished and Polybushed by Joff

Rear Chassis bushes Polybushed by Chris Gixer

Full Irmscher front, rear, side skirts, grill, chrome door plates, and steering wheel (all functions work)

I have been doing as much of the servicing as I can, and she was having oil changes every 5000 miles, but the last one was missed. There is a comprehensive list of all work done and a huge pile of parts receipts.

Spare parts:   Specific parts worth mentioning:

AR35 Gearbox and Torque Converter. Purchased with 61000 reported miles, refurbished by Daz with new SONAX thrust washer, new filters and new fluid. Stands to me at over £200 but I know I won’t get that. Never fitted as the garage diagnosis of gearbox failure was wrong ….
Single Drive shaft – both were replaced as a pair, this is the undamaged one from the failure

Tophat seal – Not available in UK, obtained from USA.

20 litres 5W30 oil, 10 litres 10w40 oil, 4 filters, all unopened

Unused GM Crank sensor

Pair of lockable Thule Roof bars suitable for Omega (3 keys)

In addition to the parts listed above, and those previously listed for specific problems, there are a mixture of new, used (working) and used (unknown) parts and a collection of odds and sods, as you can see from the photos, plus anything else I find !!!

I think that’s about it, any further photos please ask, if you wish a copy of the work done spreadsheet, or the LPG consumption history, they are in Excel format so PM me an email address. The full size photos can also be emailed if you require them.

The TomTom satnav, Dash camera, and Tyrepal that can be seen in the photos will NOT be included in the sale. Any questions please ask, car is in Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire and remains taxed and insured as it will continue to be used so the mileage will increase above that shown.

All in, with all the spares as listed, and given the excellent BRC LPG system, I think £1000.00 is a reasonable price to ask. Presently only listed here, it will go to ebay/gumtree if no interest is shown.

Thanks for looking.

PLEASE.... no silly comments or daft offers.... it's bad enough having to let her go .....  :'( :'( :'(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2019, 01:24:03 »

An absolute bargain. :o
Good luck with the sale. Im sure it owes you nothing, but also sure there could be a tear in the eye when it goes.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2019, 15:00:05 »

Provisionally sold, awaiting deposit  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2019, 17:26:30 »

Deposit received, please lock as now considered SOLD.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.