Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2000 V Vauxhall Omega 3.0 Elite Automatic 74k  (Read 5825 times)

El33t

• Midlands, UK
  • Has achieved 35.6mpg from 1 gallon of petrol!
    • View Profile
2000 V Vauxhall Omega 3.0 Elite Automatic 74k
« on: 24 September 2009, 23:27:39 »

I am in the process of looking for a diesel. The commute to work is increasing to a 9 mile stint, half urban, half dual carrigeway, and the V6 will be too thirsty.

So I must look to sell her. I want to offer her on here first, because I would prefer her to be bought by someone who can appreciate it for what it is.

It was registered on the 16th January 2000. It is a very late pre-facelift model. I bought it from my dad in March of this year (I have the V5 logbook), and my dad bought it in April 2006 (old logbook to prove this). I think it had one owner before this, but I cannot verify.

Crucial information:

MOT until April 2010.
Tax until end of December 2009.
Mileage at last MOT just over 70,000.
Mileage presently about 74000 (will increase as car in use).
Has service history stamps at 13,983, 23,206, 34,471, 46,43646 and 51,464.
I have the following paperwork since the last stamped service (done by my dad, in July 2006), outlining work done to the car:

• £202.69 for check and replacement of cylinders 2, 4 and 6 plug leads
    £370.42 for Interim Service, which included replacement of middle and rear exhaust system
    £89.34 for replacement of offside rear road spring (for 2008-2009 MOT)
    £317.84 for cam/crank sensor replace to rectify an engine cutting out problem
    £374.47 for timing belt change & MOT test (expires April 12th 2010)*
    £267.95 for replacement water pump and water header tank*
* done in my ownership.

The car is in immaculate condition for the age. The photos keep it honest; there is a minescule spec of rust at the bottom of the driver's side passenger door, and the front bumper has a couple of scruffs. I had it valeted recently and it looks stunning.

This car had every box ticked when it came out of the factory. It has all the usual Elite extras, including the full leather interior with electric seats, Xenon headlights, onboard computer that has no missing pixels, cruise control etc, and on top of these it has:

• Satellite Navigation - this happily got me to a remote village in Wales and back earlier in the year, although being quite old, modern roads like the A43 bypass confuse it. Nevertheless, all in working order. Instruction Manual in the black book that came with the car.
    Built-in Mobile Phone - You can use the hand controls to use a built in phone, that you top up like a normal mobile. Virtually hands free; requires topping up (30p left or so), but still in working order. Instruction manual in black book that came with the car.
    6 Stack Blaupunkt CD Player - Best quality standard car audio system I've heard, still fully functioning (I have three CDs in there myself)
The 3.0 V6 idles at 500rpm when warm and the heaters warm up within 3 minutes. It pulls exceedingly well and "Sport" kickdown responds superbly. The engine feels bombproof, and as evident by all the strong high-milers for sale, has a lot of life left.

There are a couple of downsides I must mention:

• Brake Pads - it will need replacement brake pads on the front soon. I have had the warning on the computer system; I assume this is a 1000 mile-to-go warning. The brakes still respond very well and bite, but I have to admit they are not as completely vicious as they were when my dad owned the car. The rear pads still have a fair amount of life in them.
    Tyres - It will need four new tyres for the next MOT, preferably before then. It currently has three high-spec Pirellis on it, and one budget tyre which replaced one of the Pirellis when it became too low.
    Rear Blind - Doesn't work, have not investigated, so could be very simple fix. Motor is fine, just no movement.
    Air Conditioning - Doesn't work, most likely requires regassing. Blows cool air, but not cold unfortunately.
    Heated Seats - Driver's side is a bit weak, I cannot vouch for the passenger side, although at last report it still works.
It has a 15" completely unused spare tyre, with the original tyre fitting kit and locking wheel nuts.

Everything else on the car works, to my knowledge. I will test the gadgets I do not use frequently to make sure I can back up this statement.

The alloys are almost completely spotless, as is the interior. No rips or tears.

Photos:

Blemish:

As you can tell, it needs Back to Black on the bumpers, but it's not got much further to go before it's virtually perfect.

I'm asking £1100ono for what I think is a car which very easily another 10 years and 74,000 miles left in it, if I'm being pessimistic.

Please PM me your interest, first-come-first-served obviously.

Thanks for your time!

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 V Vauxhall Omega 3.0 Elite Automatic 74k
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2009, 23:30:46 »

By the time you've factored in cost of change, and the extra cost of diesel, I'd be surprised if you'd save anything on your fuel bills - and that does look like a lovely car.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2009, 06:33:38 »

i'm doing the same thing - i average 26mpg, i can get double that with an evil Dr Diesel oil-burner so it'll work out cheaper in the long run - needs must  :(
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

El33t

• Midlands, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2009, 20:48:19 »

Everyone's telling me it won't be cheaper, but surely being able to get 450-500 miles from a tank of mostly urban-use diesel is kind of cheaper than getting 220-260miles from 70 litres of petrol?

mantahatch

« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2009, 21:17:28 »

Everyone's telling me it won't be cheaper, but surely being able to get 450-500 miles from a tank of mostly urban-use diesel is kind of cheaper than getting 220-260miles from 70 litres of petrol?

I think they are basically saying that a diesel will cost more to buy (purchase price) so factor that against how many mile you do to see if it will be cheaper.
Personally I only do a max of 4000 mile per year so the added cost of buying a diesel is not worth it for me.
Would suggest if buying a new car you need to be 20,000 miles per year to make a diesel cheaper than petrol. If buying second hand, then you need to be doing 12,000 miles per year to make it cheaper to run.

For example people say to me buy a new small car and save petrol.
Well new small car say 7K, my car worth 300 quid if I am lucky, so it would cost me £6700 to double my fuel economy how many years of driving 4000 miles per year to pay for that fuel saving ? to me not worth it, to you it may pay you to change.

Hope this makes sense.  :)

Should add, nice looking car.
« Last Edit: 25 September 2009, 21:20:14 by mantahatch »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2009, 21:30:36 »

That looks to be a particularly good example with attractive mileage, I expect you'll have no trouble selling. The best of luck  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2009, 22:16:26 »

Well new small car say 7K, my car worth 300 quid if I am lucky,  ......

So ...  you buy a 2nd cheap car as well  ;D  ;D  ;D Omega isn't worth anything financially, so keep it for the comfort power etc and have a 2nd cheap(er) car as a run about.  :y  :y
« Last Edit: 25 September 2009, 22:16:52 by Andy_B »

El33t

• Midlands, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2009, 22:21:36 »

New car? I'm after a second hand runabout. The car I have in mind is £1000!

Buying brand new cars is completely bonkers.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2009, 22:37:19 »

New car? I'm after a second hand runabout. The car I have in mind is £1000!
That's buy something like a reasonable Astra DTi  ;)

Buying brand new cars is completely bonkers.
Agreed!

mantahatch

« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2009, 22:40:15 »

Well new small car say 7K, my car worth 300 quid if I am lucky,  ......

So ...  you buy a 2nd cheap car as well  ;D  ;D  ;D Omega isn't worth anything financially, so keep it for the comfort power etc and have a 2nd cheap(er) car as a run about.  :y  :y

Deffo keeping mine, at my age, height and weight I need something to be a bit comfortable and move when I want it to.  ;D ;D ;D

El33t

• Midlands, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2009, 10:07:43 »

Insuring two cars at 22 is a no-no. A diesel may save me a bit on fuel, but also on insurance, and because I'm not mechanically minded, a smaller car is a bit more basic and cheaper to have fixed.

It's also easier to do things myself to it, when I get time to teach myself in the future.

I've made my choice, and I've found a replacement; all I want to do now is let another Omega fan own it.

I'll be putting it on Autotrader/Pistonheads etc within a couple of days if nothing comes from here. :)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2009, 21:54:10 »

I'm getting over 350 miles all the time with my 3.0 estate with the best so far just over 500, think you might need to lay off the gas ;)
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

robbo2345

• Intermediate Member
  • Norfolk
  • the nature of the beast
    • 01/03 elite 2.6 estates
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2009, 22:00:09 »

i got an outstanding 39.9 mpg from my 3.0 manual elite if you believe the computor ! mind you i don't have a lead boot  ;D :y :y
life is too short ...... so live it every day !!

whitebullet

• stoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2009, 20:15:57 »

I am in the process of looking for a diesel. The commute to work is increasing to a 9 mile stint, half urban, half dual carrigeway, and the V6 will be too thirsty.

So I must look to sell her. I want to offer her on here first, because I would prefer her to be bought by someone who can appreciate it for what it is.

It was registered on the 16th January 2000. It is a very late pre-facelift model. I bought it from my dad in March of this year (I have the V5 logbook), and my dad bought it in April 2006 (old logbook to prove this). I think it had one owner before this, but I cannot verify.

Crucial information:

MOT until April 2010.
Tax until end of December 2009.
Mileage at last MOT just over 70,000.
Mileage presently about 74000 (will increase as car in use).
Has service history stamps at 13,983, 23,206, 34,471, 46,43646 and 51,464.
I have the following paperwork since the last stamped service (done by my dad, in July 2006), outlining work done to the car:

• £202.69 for check and replacement of cylinders 2, 4 and 6 plug leads
    £370.42 for Interim Service, which included replacement of middle and rear exhaust system
    £89.34 for replacement of offside rear road spring (for 2008-2009 MOT)
    £317.84 for cam/crank sensor replace to rectify an engine cutting out problem
    £374.47 for timing belt change & MOT test (expires April 12th 2010)*
    £267.95 for replacement water pump and water header tank*
* done in my ownership.

The car is in immaculate condition for the age. The photos keep it honest; there is a minescule spec of rust at the bottom of the driver's side passenger door, and the front bumper has a couple of scruffs. I had it valeted recently and it looks stunning.

This car had every box ticked when it came out of the factory. It has all the usual Elite extras, including the full leather interior with electric seats, Xenon headlights, onboard computer that has no missing pixels, cruise control etc, and on top of these it has:

• Satellite Navigation - this happily got me to a remote village in Wales and back earlier in the year, although being quite old, modern roads like the A43 bypass confuse it. Nevertheless, all in working order. Instruction Manual in the black book that came with the car.
    Built-in Mobile Phone - You can use the hand controls to use a built in phone, that you top up like a normal mobile. Virtually hands free; requires topping up (30p left or so), but still in working order. Instruction manual in black book that came with the car.
    6 Stack Blaupunkt CD Player - Best quality standard car audio system I've heard, still fully functioning (I have three CDs in there myself)
The 3.0 V6 idles at 500rpm when warm and the heaters warm up within 3 minutes. It pulls exceedingly well and "Sport" kickdown responds superbly. The engine feels bombproof, and as evident by all the strong high-milers for sale, has a lot of life left.

There are a couple of downsides I must mention:

• Brake Pads - it will need replacement brake pads on the front soon. I have had the warning on the computer system; I assume this is a 1000 mile-to-go warning. The brakes still respond very well and bite, but I have to admit they are not as completely vicious as they were when my dad owned the car. The rear pads still have a fair amount of life in them.
    Tyres - It will need four new tyres for the next MOT, preferably before then. It currently has three high-spec Pirellis on it, and one budget tyre which replaced one of the Pirellis when it became too low.
    Rear Blind - Doesn't work, have not investigated, so could be very simple fix. Motor is fine, just no movement.
    Air Conditioning - Doesn't work, most likely requires regassing. Blows cool air, but not cold unfortunately.
    Heated Seats - Driver's side is a bit weak, I cannot vouch for the passenger side, although at last report it still works.
It has a 15" completely unused spare tyre, with the original tyre fitting kit and locking wheel nuts.

Everything else on the car works, to my knowledge. I will test the gadgets I do not use frequently to make sure I can back up this statement.

The alloys are almost completely spotless, as is the interior. No rips or tears.

Photos:

Blemish:

As you can tell, it needs Back to Black on the bumpers, but it's not got much further to go before it's virtually perfect.

I'm asking £1100ono for what I think is a car which very easily another 10 years and 74,000 miles left in it, if I'm being pessimistic.

Please PM me your interest, first-come-first-served obviously.

Thanks for your time!

could be interested, where about are you
HALFORDS TRADE CARD HOLDER
VAUXHALL  TRADE CARD HOLDER

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2009, 22:05:05 »

By the way, how nice it is to see a car thoroughly described when advertised, well done mate.........

Saves alot of questions being asked and therefore alot of time saved too......!!!!

Best of luck with the sale, looks a lovely example

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.