Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2000 X 2.5 Auto CDX LPG Converted  (Read 2047 times)

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
2000 X 2.5 Auto CDX LPG Converted
« on: 20 April 2010, 12:43:13 »

After a breif ownership im now selling my omega.

Its a 2000 on an X plate (currently swapping my private plate over to my new volvo). Its a 2.5 Auto in CDX trim and has had a BRC sequential LPG gas conversion carried out proffessionaly by the previous owner. Usual spec like electric sunroof, climate, xenons, alloys, heated seats bla bla bla

Its in Silver colour, and has covere 107K miles. It has 6 months tax and october MOT. FULL stamped service history right up the last service at 96K last year

It also has a dual electric towbar fitted as the previous owner used to tow his small two berth caravan with it around the local campsites.

I bought it two months ago as a stop gap between losing my company car and getting a replacement, hence the purchase of a new volvo S40.

The previous owner was a retired gentleman who had owned it since buying it 2nd hand from a vauxhall dealer 5 years ago. Aparantly it was a rare find as it was 5 years old but in such good condition they put a network Q warranty on it.

he was the type of owner who gave it everything it needed. eg iridum spark plugs as it suited the gas conversion better. Its running on Michelin tyres, not cheap japanese things etc etc. Its also had special towing shocks fitted at the rear where you pump them up etc. (dont ask me  :-/)

Since i got it, every common fault seems to have developed so ive spent a small fortune on it.

Its had;
New Dis Pack
New plug leads
New Water Pump
New LPG gas regulator
New LPG gas solenoid
Replacement ABS ECU
New Head DVD head unit (the CCR packed up)

All the above cost me just over £700  :-[

The LPG conversion was carried out 4 years ago, proffessionaly by an approved installer and i have the certifcate to pass to your insurance company if needed.

It now drives faultess and in all honesty i much prefer driving it than my new S40.

It does have a few faults though;
The Airbag light is on. This was diagnosed as 'drivers side squib' and aparantly a cheap fix if you can find one.

There is a little corrosion on the drivers side rear door.

There seems to be a rattle from the rear back corner. Doesnt sound structral or affecting the car in anyway, but god damn i cant find what it is. It passed its MOT (no advisories) with it so it cant be anything major.

Its realtively clean for a 10 year old and only just last week got its first car park ding on the rear passenger door  >:( Other than the corrosion and the ding its brilliant.

all the electrics work, heated seats work fine, sunroof works fine etc etc.

as its on LPG it only costs 57p a litre to fill it up so while its priced a little more than an equivlant omega the LPG makes up for it (it was the reason i bought it in the first place)

Im looking for £1500 or very close offer. i actually paid a little more than that two months ago and have spent £700 so im certainly not getting my money back  :'(

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 X 2.5 Auto CDX LPG Converted
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2010, 19:47:49 »

Now also on pistonheads and going in the trader in next available issue but would prefer to sell on here as I know it will continue to be looked after.

Don't forget about the LPG benefits. It does 20mpg round town so for the same petrol money you get double the miles as LPG is just under half the cost of petrol so it equates to the same cost as doing 40 mpg round town and 60mpg on a steady run. If you want cheaper running costs buy a dawoo Matiz lol

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2010, 12:37:12 »

price reduced to £1300 ovvno for quick sale before it hits the trader this week.

Can take deposit and store in my garage for any buyer.

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2010, 17:11:57 »

No takers? Price wrong ? Location?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2010, 17:40:17 »

OOF is actually the worst place to sell one, everyone has one, those that after one or replacement will put in cheeky offers and won't pay too much as we all know what they are worth (no offence)

Best bet, is to stick it on Autotrader web advert  :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2010, 17:50:19 »

I put my CDX up for sale in the auto trader last week. Its the same year as yours, in excellent condition, 12 months MOT, 2k miles more than yours and without the LPG. I put it in for £950 ono and didn't get a single call so went back onto the trader and had a look, there were loads of similiar CDXs going at £850 so I reduced my price to £850 and still haven't had a single call. I sold it on Ebay for £850 on Sunday.
Retired

coastie123

• sidmouth, devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2010, 20:13:09 »

OOF is actually the worst place to sell one, everyone has one, those that after one or replacement will put in cheeky offers and won't pay too much as we all know what they are worth (no offence)

Best bet, is to stick it on Autotrader web advert  :y

will straight swap it for mine.....

UrbanFox

• Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2010, 20:30:37 »

I so wish that this had of been an estate!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2010, 21:50:21 »

Andy, can you tell me when the Cam belt was last done please, and does it have cloth seats? :y

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2010, 15:04:12 »

Ive not changed the cambelt myself, haven't had it long enough although the old bloke said they put one on when he had the water pump replaced before I bought it ( I've also changed the pump as it must have been faulty as it started Getting noisy when the dis pack failed

it has a full stamped service history though so would assume it was changed when it was meant to be done

and yep, cloth seats unmarked

ps I'm lowering the price to £1200 for quick sale as I noticed this morning one of the rear exhausts pipes has a tiny hole and I don't want the hassle of fitting an exhaust bandage(it's round the pipe not the silencer)
« Last Edit: 29 April 2010, 16:23:58 by andy72 »

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2010, 12:33:42 »

some more pics after a machine polish consisting;

Meguiars #83
Meguiars #80
Poorboys Black Hole
Racewax #42
Wheels cleaned with Billbery and sealed with autoglym wheel sealent
Tyres dressed with Autoglym tyre dressing

Just a quick couple of hours but shows how well it comes up.

Sticking it on Autotrader today.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/gsiretro/?action=view&current=P5010207.jpg

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2010, 14:18:39 »

Just insured the car again after having parked on the driveway and i'd forgotten how nice the omega's are to drive are my rep tastic S40.

saying that, i dont need 2 cars and the wife is going mental so ive reduced the price on autotrader to £1200 after a few tyre kicking emails but im offering to OOF members for [size=24]£1095[/size] absolutley no offers.

andy72

• Newcastle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2010, 18:04:45 »

Sold pending deposit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.