Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 (51) 2.6 CDX Auto  (Read 3121 times)

rikki_essex

• essex
    • 2L gls estate with lpg 20
    • View Profile
2001 (51) 2.6 CDX Auto
« on: 03 November 2010, 13:18:30 »

The body work is very very clean and the overal condition is very good and its only got 86k on the clock.  Cambelt done 10k miles ago along with the water pump, aux belt, gear box top up and all the breathers cleaned along with lots of other bits all done by DLN. The car runs very smooth and its also had new brake pads fitted less than 100 miles ago. The car has very good service history and lots previous MOT. The car is taxed April and has 11 months mot left on it. This car also comes with a private plate worth about £500. This car also has cruise control. It has all round electric window and global closure system, Ice mode, sports mode, xenon lights as standard, Traction control, Radio/cd/tape player with controls on the steering wheel, Cloth Heated Front Seat both working. Electric ajustable seat. The seats are in very good condition with no rips or tears. Im looking for about £1600 for it it is advertised else where for a bit more but i think thats a fair price if you would like some picture pm me your  email address and i will send them to you. But i will try to put them up on here as soon as i can.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2010, 10:10:01 by rikkiwhite »
regards Rik

rikki_essex

• essex
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 (51) 2.6 CDX Auto
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2010, 12:45:03 »

Could any body tell me if this is about the right price or not im really not to sure as i havnt had hardly any one phone calls or emails and ive got it on a few websites (gumtree and pistonheads) Rik
regards Rik

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2010, 09:14:31 »

Could any body tell me if this is about the right price or not im really not to sure as i havnt had hardly any one phone calls or emails and ive got it on a few websites (gumtree and pistonheads) Rik

For some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, firstly the number plate isn't worth £500 for the everyday man in the street, if you think you can get that for it then take it off and sell it without the car.

Secondly its 'just' a V6 CDX, nothing special so doesn't stand out form the crowd so same as every other Omega.

Thirdly if a 3.2 V6 estate, which is supposedly more desireable, cannot be given away for £1000 then this would appear overpriced.

Best option, sell the plate without the car and look at around £1k, maybe even shell out for CDX facelift leather, swap it over and make it 'stand out' increasing the price slightly (I got my facelift leather from a bloke in Ipswich for £100 and its totally unmarked!!)

Possibly not a good time to sell a car with Christmas, VAT increases and redundancies all over the place, hence why no interest

Again all the above is aimed at being constructive and not to cause offence

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2010, 09:24:56 »

Agree with evrything Phil has said ....  but would add ..

Most folks here who want an Omega already have one. The few who wish to "upgrade" or "buy to sell" know exactly what they want.. and the price they are prepared to pay.

IMHO this site is probably the worst place to try and sell anything other than a spectacular car !!! For example .. ChrisGixer has sold his amazing 3.2 very fast .. as it is so good ... others like yours .. just hang around.

In all honesty ... check prices on other sites/local press and set your sights far more realisticaly

:(

belldarr

« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2010, 09:43:26 »

Hi Rikki, I know a lot of people have an opinion on ebay BUT I have found it to be really good place to buy and sell cars, stick in a classified ad (ie not the auction type) for a month, you can put a good description of the car and load up to 12 pics - all for around £15 which is good value compared to others. 

As said though it's a bad time of the year to sell with xmas looming.

I hope that helps.

Darren

rikki_essex

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2010, 09:46:24 »

Thanks for the advice so im guessing about a grand is about right then?
regards Rik

Rockhampton

• Intermediate Member
  • Trecelyn, Gwent
  • Gone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2010, 19:29:20 »

Agree with evrything Phil has said ....  but would add ..

Most folks here who want an Omega already have one. The few who wish to "upgrade" or "buy to sell" know exactly what they want.. and the price they are prepared to pay.

IMHO this site is probably the worst place to try and sell anything other than a spectacular car !!! For example .. ChrisGixer has sold his amazing 3.2 very fast .. as it is so good ... others like yours .. just hang around.

In all honesty ... check prices on other sites/local press and set your sights far more realisticaly

:(
Have to agree with your man, this ain't the place to get the best $$$ unless it's an Elite or got some tricks going on.... It's a lovely looking motor though, hope you have good luck selling it  :y
Previous GM Models include '00 Omega 2.5 CD Auto, '06 Holden Commodore Executive 3.6 Auto, '99 Astra 1.8 CDX Auto, several Astra Diesels.

mantahatch

« Reply #8 on: 16 November 2010, 09:54:26 »

If I may add my 2 pence worth. It looks exactly the same as my car, and I paid a lot more than you are asking last December. List it's good points bodywork condition etc.

Lose the number plate as H reg is making it look older than it is. Lose the baby seat from the pictures, people will be thinking of spilled liquids, or people being sick.

And I disagree with it being a bad time to buy. Some people like me get a week or two off at xmas, and being quite a boring time we go looking at cars. Have bought twice now at xmas.

Just my useless opinion.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2010, 09:56:43 by mantahatch »

rikki_essex

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 November 2010, 10:13:44 »

Manta thanks for your opinion and your input it all helps and i was thinking the same about christmas time. And the body work is in very good condition ive just spent £320 getting some small bits and bobs done on it.
regards Rik

rikki_essex

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2010, 21:04:41 »

the car is now sold  :y
regards Rik

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2010, 23:38:24 »

Well done.  :y  Hope you got a good price for her.

rikki_essex

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2010, 09:06:08 »

I got a very good deal out of it i done a straight swap for a 1997 mitsubishi challenger 2.8td i very very good condition. So im really please with my swap.  :y
regards Rik

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2010, 18:22:35 »

the car is now sold  :y
Good stuff.   :y

Locking....   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.