Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2000 MFL 2.5 Elite for spares (as a whole)  (Read 1770 times)

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
2000 MFL 2.5 Elite for spares (as a whole)
« on: 26 June 2011, 12:39:43 »

OK after a few weeks in my Mondeo I realise I hate it but also I realise with current values and the number of things my old Elite needs

doing it's just not economical to repair.

I'll start by saying this is a spares car, you could repair it but realistically people are scrapping better, I just want my driveway

back so ideally I want it gone as a whole.

It's a 2000(V) 2.5 Elite in Z266 black (A pig to find colour match spares for), 105k miles, about a months Tax & MOT left, I was the 2nd

owner from new for the last 9 years. It used to be well maintained but the last year and a half it has had a bad time and I have let it

slide badly (money, time, health, etc).

The bad
Suspension is shot, I knew it was going soft but about 3 months back it deteriorated badly, it still drives but you need to be aware in

fast corners. Rear tyres are legal, fronts have scrubbed out (happened around the same time)
Pretty much every panel has a problem, doors and arches have rust, bonnet and front bumper took a hit in Asda's car park, rear bumper

took a hit in the same car park on a different day. Boot has a scratch and the spoiler has a slight mark where I reversed into a

protuding brick in a car park!
Cats passed the MOT but i'm sure they are shot, it has an intermittant water leak from pass rear bank, I suspect head gasket. Has a

manifold tick when cold, not had an oil change in over a year.
Boot carpet is shot due to a leaking oil container.
Hazards dont flash when the remote is used, Vaux said a diode had blown in the ECU.

Ok if you got this far you're wondering what has it got that's worth buying.
Bose CCRT700, phone and autochanger in full working order with codes.
Fully working rear blind.
Working photosensitive rear view mirror.
If you feel lucky trying to get it out, it has a 2 year old Autoglass fitted UV windscreen.
Oil cooler done approx 4yrs ago, Bosch dis pack fitted approx 3 years ago.
The interior is black velour, people may love leather but in my opinion this is head and shoulders above that. Drivers heater doesn't

work but the electrics do, not sure about the other heaters.
Display unit has all pixels.

I'm looking for 300 quid, that may sound expensive considering the problems but if you have a MFL CD/CDX you have have all the parts

here for transplant and at the end a bodyshell worth a few quid. If you bring 2 legal wheels you can also drive it home (carefully), you

can also drive it home if you dont but thats your choice!

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 MFL 2.5 Elite for spares (as a whole)
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2011, 13:15:02 »

OK after a few weeks in my Mondeo I realise I hate it but also I realise with current values and the number of things my old Elite needs

doing it's just not economical to repair.

I'll start by saying this is a spares car, you could repair it but realistically people are scrapping better, I just want my driveway

back so ideally I want it gone as a whole.

It's a 2000(V) 2.5 Elite in Z266 black (A pig to find colour match spares for), 105k miles, about a months Tax & MOT left, I was the 2nd

owner from new for the last 9 years. It used to be well maintained but the last year and a half it has had a bad time and I have let it

slide badly (money, time, health, etc).

The bad
Suspension is shot, I knew it was going soft but about 3 months back it deteriorated badly, it still drives but you need to be aware in

fast corners. Rear tyres are legal, fronts have scrubbed out (happened around the same time)
Pretty much every panel has a problem, doors and arches have rust, bonnet and front bumper took a hit in Asda's car park, rear bumper

took a hit in the same car park on a different day. Boot has a scratch and the spoiler has a slight mark where I reversed into a

protuding brick in a car park!
Cats passed the MOT but i'm sure they are shot, it has an intermittant water leak from pass rear bank, I suspect head gasket. Has a

manifold tick when cold, not had an oil change in over a year.
Boot carpet is shot due to a leaking oil container.
Hazards dont flash when the remote is used, Vaux said a diode had blown in the ECU.

Ok if you got this far you're wondering what has it got that's worth buying.
Bose CCRT700, phone and autochanger in full working order with codes.
Fully working rear blind.
Working photosensitive rear view mirror.
If you feel lucky trying to get it out, it has a 2 year old Autoglass fitted UV windscreen.
Oil cooler done approx 4yrs ago, Bosch dis pack fitted approx 3 years ago.
The interior is black velour, people may love leather but in my opinion this is head and shoulders above that. Drivers heater doesn't

work but the electrics do, not sure about the other heaters.
Display unit has all pixels.
I'm looking for 300 quid, that may sound expensive considering the problems but if you have a MFL CD/CDX you have have all the parts

here for transplant and at the end a bodyshell worth a few quid. If you bring 2 legal wheels you can also drive it home (carefully), you

can also drive it home if you dont but thats your choice!
Be inclined to remove the highlighted bits then weigh it in.  :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2011, 14:20:28 »

That is option 2 but I still have about a month until i'm forced down that route, with current work load i'd rather just lose the unit as a whole  :)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2011, 15:17:53 »

PM Sent :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.