Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong radiator problems  (Read 1384 times)

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
Wrong radiator problems
« on: 19 July 2006, 18:21:13 »

Hi everyone,

My radiator recently sprung a leek and at the time i could not afford to buy a new replacement so i got one from the scrappy's, Only problem was that he did not have any radiators for a 2.0 and so i had to have one from a 3.0 which is slightly different as it has the auxillary pump fitted to it but was told by the scrappy it would not make any difference so i bought it.

My problem is that my car seems to get to the 98 temp mark and just sit there all day with the fans on as it never seems to cool it down enough for the fans to switch off.

Would the problem be the radiator as its not ment for this engine or would it make no difference at all and its something else?

Have fitted a new water pump, thermostat, expansion cap and both fan switches but still seems to overheat and sit at the 98 mark with the slow fans on all day never bringing it down to the 95 mark where the fans are ment to go off.

Heeeeeeelp

RonaldMcBurger

Re: Wrong radiator problems
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2006, 18:25:27 »

I don't think the 2.0 rad is the same capacity, so it will struggle to cooldown. My breaker mate just scrapped 60 radiators and I know he got rid of a loadof 2.0 ones!!!!! I can ask if he has one if you want?

Those hub caps any use, do you need one sent?

ANDY8

• FAR FAR AWAY
  • V6 POWER
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong radiator problems
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2006, 18:41:49 »

Hi finaly

Sorry for not getting back to you with regards to the centre cap,,, Belive it or not i actualy found it on the road going into work monday morning so dont need it after all,,, But thanks for the effort in getting me one mate,,   As for the radiator i would be very greatfull if you could see if you could get hold of one for me as ive tried everywhere around here with no luck ,, They all seem to have crashed only 3.0 or 2.5(just my luck)

So if you do get hold of one let me know and i can pay through paypal to you.

Cheers :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.