Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979279 times)

feeutfo

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1230 on: 15 November 2011, 19:52:53 »

Wim'ed, and wheels dropped off for refurb.

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: 15 November 2011, 20:09:38 »

I had been suffered with a small amount of coolant loss but yesterday found a small hole/split, fortunately close to the coolant tank and to the end of pipe. Cut back a little , hope that was the only cause... For tomorrow I'm planning a complete swap of tyre garniture /the winter is coming/ till my honey and doughter and my mother in law are shopping...I'm afraid of that swap will be more expensive than usual... :o :o :o
Tyre swap is done  ;) , shopping was a bit more expensive... :-\
C20NE - X25XE

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: 16 November 2011, 18:09:41 »

I drove it to North Weald airfield..

And then had an absolutely stonking morning hooning around in an Aston Martin DB9 (rather underwhelming, actually, with the flappy paddle box), Audi R8 (much better!), Ferrari 430 (simply awesome), Porsche 997 Turbo (kinda disappointing), and a (new) BMW M3 (awesome saloon).

Then drove it home again.. it didn't feel quite the same after that somehow ;D

Cool!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

aaronjb

« Reply #1233 on: 16 November 2011, 18:11:24 »

Cool!

Very  :y It was quite a lot of money and you don't get much time in each car, but still so much fun :)

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: 16 November 2011, 19:53:01 »

Cool!

Very  :y It was quite a lot of money and you don't get much time in each car, but still so much fun :)

I had one of these for my birthday last year (it's in January). I decided to leave it till the summer to book - then realised it had run out...DOH!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: 16 November 2011, 19:55:34 »

New VX wiper blades recently, much better than what was on previously.  Pretty cheap too at £13.

Fitted the VW 99 relay today for variable wiper speed control, works great!
Budget tyres, false economy.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1236 on: 16 November 2011, 20:01:09 »

visited my car in repair shop.. as far as I see this paintless repair shop is #1 in job.. no traces , no marks and not even a dent is left .. :o

and its much better then before (old dents on roof is also gone) .. and a brand new ceiling cover.. happy bunny now :)

(besides insurance company paid its 3 years money  ;D )  will post the pictures when completely finished.. :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: 17 November 2011, 17:06:04 »

today  i fitted the battery blanket...supplied by  ( elite pete  cheers matey )  noticed that the battery clamp was not holding battery in at all...so after some plus gas and brute force undone the bolt refitted clamp smeared copper slip on the thread making it easier next time.disconnected air bag and turned steering wheel back one spline to put it strtaight.......so annoying driving like that...checked oil..water...winscreen washer  water....and lights and tyre pressures.....just little jobs but gives me great satisfaction to know that is all ok.....

05omegav6

« Reply #1238 on: 17 November 2011, 18:10:18 »

Have been unfaithful to it :'(. Took a VXR8 out for a test.

Which was nice. Perhaps not today but I will have one at some point. ::) Just effortless, and a noise to die for. 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: 17 November 2011, 18:14:22 »

today  i fitted the battery blanket...supplied by  ( elite pete  cheers matey )  noticed that the battery clamp was not holding battery in at all...so after some plus gas and brute force undone the bolt refitted clamp smeared copper slip on the thread making it easier next time.disconnected air bag and turned steering wheel back one spline to put it strtaight.......so annoying driving like that...checked oil..water...winscreen washer  water....and lights and tyre pressures.....just little jobs but gives me great satisfaction to know that is all ok.....
OPPS! :o

OK, you need to check that the steering box is still centred, else in for trouble.

Unlike racks, you can't adjust the steering wheel, you *MUST* adjust the track rods instead - assuming some numpty hasn't cocked it up in the first place by reseting steering position by pulling off splines, and resetting.

I'd start a new thread if I was you, in help section, to check the steering.  I fear you may need to move it back, and get it set properly :o :o
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #1240 on: 17 November 2011, 22:24:04 »

OPPS! :o

OK, you need to check that the steering box is still centred, else in for trouble.

Unlike racks, you can't adjust the steering wheel, you *MUST* adjust the track rods instead - assuming some numpty hasn't cocked it up in the first place by reseting steering position by pulling off splines, and resetting.

I'd start a new thread if I was you, in help section, to check the steering.  I fear you may need to move it back, and get it set properly :o :o
yes, the steering box has a "tight spot" so to speak, to aid straight ahead stability. But with the steering wheel moved, the steering box is no longer straight ahead, and neither are the pitman arm/idler steering linkage. It must be way off for the wheel position to be improved as the splines are quite large. As said, re fit correctly, and get it set up for full geo. Toe settings on track rods are way out to the steering mechanism.

In fact, you'll be far better lining the wheels up by eye, with car parked steering wheel straight and correctly fitted, then adjusting track rods yourself to line up with the rears rather than mess with steering wheel position. Not recommended.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2011, 22:27:32 by chrisgixer »

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: 17 November 2011, 22:30:31 »

ordered (thanks to car-nuts recomendation a rear parking sensor kit. £14.98.

now hopefully all ive got to do is make sure i drill the holes level!  ::) ;D

ps thats a great guide if you want to fit parking sensors.... good for me as i still cant get to grips with the boot length even though ive owned my baby for 3 yearas now!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: 17 November 2011, 22:33:16 »

also cleaned and hoovered the interior. took miggy for her carwash. and then ''fitted'' ( ;D) magic tree in ''ice blue'' form. gorgeous smell and reminds me of her when i first purchased  :y :y :y :y

oh and filled right up (78 squid) and filled tyres up with air  :y :y :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: 17 November 2011, 22:37:20 »

okey dokey    thanks for that advice ( the boy )   will have that checked out.......and there was me thought i did well   lol.. :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #1244 on: 18 November 2011, 15:40:01 »

Got it back from the repairers, who basically took 3 days to repair the bumper and 'adjust' the towbar. :o Told them I'm really hacked off, bumper looks nice, but still need to get the tow bar and crash bar replaced. I will never let a single one of my cars go anywhere near Apollo Motor Group again, once was too often.

Do Aviva have a facebook page? Might end up taking aleaf out of Aaronjbs' book... :-X
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.