Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bye Bye Trade Club  (Read 2825 times)

aaronjb

Re: Bye Bye Trade Club
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2019, 08:05:27 »

Sad news, :(

I suppose parts will no longer be needed at all once Vauxhall are making disposable sh1te like the rest of the PSA group. ;D

What do you mean "once"? ;)

I'm always slightly surprised dealers still have a parts counter at all - surely if Joe Public is buying parts, he's not bringing it to your workshop and paying labour (where the money is)..

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 December 2019, 12:56:36 »

I suppose parts will no longer be needed at all once Vauxhall are making disposable sh1te like the rest of the PSA group. ;D

I'm always slightly surprised dealers still have a parts counter at all - surely if Joe Public is buying parts, he's not bringing it to your workshop and paying labour (where the money is)..

But that is the point.  Who in their sane mind would willingly pay £90 per hour in labour charges, when they can do the work themselves or get a much cheaper garage to fit the genuine parts they buy from their local Vx dealer. 

I myself only use my Vx dealership dealer when I cannot be bothered / do not have the skills to do what they can do in a lovely, warm, well appointed workshop, with me getting (currently) trade prices on the work.

If the Vx dealers stopped selling the parts, then they are just handing over a lucrative part of their business to all the other parts suppliers, and even encouraging more Vx owners o take their vehicles elsewhere for repairs / maintenance. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2019, 16:45:15 »

So far the General Manager at my Vx dealer is saying they will give me trade discount, but obviously things are changing and that does not look good! :( :(
but most of us here at OOF don't have boobs to distract the counter staff into giving us a discount Zizzie  ::)
I say MOST of us  :-X  ;D
My moobs are impressive.

But I bet you still cannot get the discounts I can! ;D ;D ;)
Well, up til now, I got TC prices on TC items, trade on non TC items, and occasionally was called if they were offloading Omega parts.  All delivered same day for free.

But as it was over the phone, I never needed to flash me moobs :)

Shame to lose that, though I suspect my dealer will still see me right :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 December 2019, 16:47:27 »

I think all but the most stupid and those wanting to keep up dealer service history are sane enough never to use a franchised dealer for work.  Virtually every one will be commission based, so doing it right isn't an option.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 02 December 2019, 17:42:52 »

I'm glad I had wifey's astra serviced at Vx, no arguments about all the warranty work it's needed.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.