Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pass side pattern headlight for sale  (Read 1741 times)

feeutfo

pass side pattern headlight for sale
« on: 25 May 2009, 22:26:00 »

For sale. £50 plus postage.(dont know how much postage is yet)

passenger side, face lift, PATTERN(not genuine GM)

this was fitted by my insurers repairer to my 3.2 elite after a bump. I was not happy at them fitting pattern parts and complained. they relented and i now have a new GM hid light to replaice this pattern item.

its 5 months old and in very good condition, except one of the white nylon adjusters has cracked, nothing unusual there.

Now heres the thing, its was fitted to a hid car, and worked fine for 5 months, so no problem except;

there is no slot in the moulding for the balast pack bracket to slot into, although there is a screw hole for the other end of thr bracket. So some diy initiative will be needed there.

the weather seal round the hid bulb will need a tiny mod to fit the light and seal properly as mine did but will work fine.

the beam adjuster for continental driving is behind the hid cover, not the main beam cover as on genuine lights
but they do give the proper \___ or ___/  light pattern depeding if your on the left or right side of the road.

The actual beem on the road is very good.

cheers. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: pass side pattern headlight for sale
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2009, 22:32:10 »

this was fitted by my insurers repairer to my 3.2 elite after a bump. I was not happy at them fitting pattern parts and complained. they relented and i now have a new GM hid light to replace this pattern item.
Cheeky b'stards

but they do give the proper \___ or ___/  light pattern depeding if your on the left or right side of the road.

The lever just cuts the upsweep off for continental driving ie it makes \____ into ____, it doesn't actually convert the dipped beam the other way around.  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2009, 23:05:14 »

this was fitted by my insurers repairer to my 3.2 elite after a bump. I was not happy at them fitting pattern parts and complained. they relented and i now have a new GM hid light to replace this pattern item.
Cheeky b'stards

The lever just cuts the upsweep off for continental driving ie it makes \____ into ____, it doesn't actually convert the dipped beam the other way around.  :y
Thats true of genuine. This is a pattern item. The fitter tells me they do not have a seperate part number for left and right hand drive. They only have one light for left and right hand drive. The lever DOES give both beam patterns. Just does.

How do i know? Because the dopey bugger had it set for left hand drive on that side. Like so ____/\____
I was driving cross eyed at night. :-)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2009, 23:33:47 »

The lever DOES give both beam patterns. Just does.

:y  :y  :y I'll remember that!  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2009, 01:38:32 »

having had a chance to drive the car at night with genuine light fitted, i would say these lights give a better, brighter, more accurate beam pattern than genuine GM lights, which have a more yellow colour and more messy dipped hid beam.

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2009, 19:11:52 »

Is it just HID,,s which have the "continental driving" lever or did projectors have it too? Cant say I,ve noticed it on mine,but that by no means proves it isnt there. :-/

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2009, 11:44:02 »

my 2.5 had a lever for continental (flat beam) driving on its projectors. On genuines its behind the high beam cover.

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2009, 21:53:33 »

Thanks Chris,will have a look.Apoligies for the thread hi-jack. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.