Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Springs

(1/4) > >>

tigers_gonads:
Are these the correct springs for my omega.
02 plate, 3.2 Mv6 Estate ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIBACH-PROKIT-Federn-OPEL-Omega-B-Caravan-2-2-3-2-1994-2003-E6534-140/273645510659?epid=1014229281&hash=item3fb68b2003:g:rTMAAOSwNe9b6bI0

TIA  :)

Doctor Gollum:
Yup :y

The important part is the Caravan bit...

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 12 September 2019, 15:19:12 ---Yup :y

The important part is the Caravan bit...

--- End quote ---

:)
Just got another years ticket on mine with zero advisories :y
After a couple of ball joints that is  ;D
Front springs have 160K plus on them so now the work has dropped off and i've got time to friggin breath, I can get on with sorting a few things out  :y

Cheers Al  :)

Doctor Gollum:
 :y

johnnydog:
Unless you are fluent with German, I'd check the spec a little more carefully. The listing states suitable for a 2.2 through to a 3.2. You can guarantee Vauxhall didn't fit the same springs across the whole range, as for example, I'm sure a V6 engine isn't the same weight as a 2.2. Likewise, depending the rear suspension - does it have self levelling? Vauxhall list LJ, LK, LR, LQ and LX rear springs for the estate, depending on the model and suspension. My 3.2 Elite estate with SL suspension has it's original LK GM springs.
My experience of non VX springs, especially where 'one spring fits all', the vehicles ride height will be way out. How many saloons do you see jacked up the rear - they have aftermarket springs fitted.
I've been there - believe me, check out the springs and try and source the exact spring for your model as you may regret getting ones that jack your car up like a dragster at the rear, or give the incorrect ride height at the front.
I've even tried ones for mine that were listed for SL suspension (rears) but they were too firm and jacked the car up at the rear.
Only my six penn'th, but my advice would be to tread carefully when buying off vague descriptions.
HTH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version