Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding part numbers  (Read 1841 times)

JohnM

• Intermediate Member
  • Newark on Trent
    • 2.5M Estate
    • View Profile
Finding part numbers
« on: 22 November 2019, 12:07:18 »

Does anyone have a magic reference to part numbers or are they viewable somewhere online ?

I'm after the p/n for some extra parts as having had the plenum off I have been cleaning.

Rear air valve (mult-ram?) to plenum (sits inside the plenum) O ring (almost the size plenum O rings) - as I've been in to clean that up.
Breather bridge to throttle bodies, the 2 smaller O rings (not removed yet but will change if available) are these 90500983 ?
Throttle body to front plenum, pale O rings - 2 off (not disturbed yet as didn't want to pop out).

To confirm, also the plenum seal; is this 90467543 (x1) and the main plenum O rings 9118135 (x6) ?

The bridge breather setup was pretty much clean and clear (but even cleaner now!) but the rear valve hadn't been done and was quite gungy - not that I think it mattered but is better for it.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Finding part numbers
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2019, 14:58:17 »

Most of the seals can be reused. Excepting the camcover gaskets and the o-ring for the bolt holes. Some seals are no longer available so be careful with them. Just clean and reuse. Be particularly careful with the 'tophat' seal part nr. 90467543, that goes under the front end of the breather bridge. These are impossible to get. Although one member has a couple of spares, can't remember who, alas not me.

Crankcase Ventilation

Cylinder Head Covers and Gaskets

Induction Manifold (Contd.) [X25XE[L80],Y26SE[LY9],X30XE[L81],Y32SE[LA3] ENGINES]

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2019, 17:56:54 »

Most of the seals can be reused. Excepting the camcover gaskets and the o-ring for the bolt holes. Some seals are no longer available so be careful with them. Just clean and reuse. Be particularly careful with the 'tophat' seal part nr. 90467543, that goes under the front end of the breather bridge. These are impossible to get. Although one member has a couple of spares, can't remember who, alas not me.

Crankcase Ventilation

Induction Manifold (Contd.) [X25XE[L80],Y26SE[LY9],X30XE[L81],Y32SE[LA3] ENGINES]

I suspect most V6 owners have secret stash they don't admit to  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2019, 18:00:04 »

Crankcase Ventilation

What's the first rule of fight club Vauxhall spare part hoarding club ?  :-X

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2019, 18:22:53 »

oops! ....fair point  :-X
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2019, 18:30:59 »

I think Enceladus may have been referring to me re-the "top hat" seals as my son sent me 4 over from the U.S.A.[although I have promised one to DBG]the "o" rings I'd have thought would be available from a decent motor factor[take one in as a pattern]or buy a box full of assorted size "o" rings? Again I have a set of GM "o" rings in my "stash"-whether I'll ever use any of these is open to question-along with the "top hat" seals,all I've got to do now is remember where I've stashed my stash :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2019, 18:38:35 »

Crankcase Ventilation

Mine are slowly, coming to light, and being sold :D
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2019, 19:49:57 »

Crankcase Ventilation

Mine are slowly, coming to light, and being sold :D
SAAB hoarder now then  :D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2019, 19:52:52 »

I think Enceladus may have been referring to me re-the "top hat" seals as my son sent me 4 over from the U.S.A.[although I have promised one to DBG]the "o" rings I'd have thought would be available from a decent motor factor[take one in as a pattern]or buy a box full of assorted size "o" rings? Again I have a set of GM "o" rings in my "stash"-whether I'll ever use any of these is open to question-along with the "top hat" seals,all I've got to do now is remember where I've stashed my stash :D

Cheers Baza, hopefully when we're up for Xmas we'll come via the land of ladyparts, and pick it up. Thanks for remembering me  :y

JohnM

• Intermediate Member
  • Newark on Trent
    • 2.5M Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2019, 23:02:40 »

Thanks, esp. the vauxhall.7zap.com references.

At least I'll know what to (try and) ask for.  The plenum O rings are a bit flattened, I'd change those if possible.  The rear flap valve (because it is hard to get to if leaks), the others (to the front) could, at least, be changed as and when without too much trouble.

Are pattern parts any good for seals/O rings (normally I'd stay away from them) - unless these too are made form unobtainium.

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2019, 08:15:45 »

Living in Sweden I have found that some parts that are not available as Vauxhall/Opel parts can have a SAAB part number that are available. They had the V6 in some of the SAAB's.

You need a good parts guy that is willing to look a bit further to find the stuff you need.

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.