Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: One for you Data Hungry Mobile folk - 100GB, UNL Mins & Text £18.75 Three Offer  (Read 3205 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

Thats about 47kBs (Throughput) in real money, cant do much with that, apart from browse the Web,....  very slowly.  ???

Sounds like it defaults to the lowest 3g connection rate which was 44kBs from memory.

Ah, so it will be very character building then  ;D

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
Re: One for you Data Hungry Mobile folk -
« Reply #16 on: 30 August 2017, 14:10:13 »

Yeah. Right. I need something functional.  :y

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

I found Giffgaff to be shockingly shite.  Not helped, of course by the poor 3G coverage of its underlying provider, O2.

I'm now with Evil Everywhere, on a 30day rolling SIM only plan, paying £7.50 per 30 days.  They tried to entice me onto a £15 per month 5Gb, 1000m deal, but I stuck with what I had, as I'll soon get up to sufficient data/mins (every 3 months, I get either a 500Mb or 50m add-on for free for life).  Mrs TB pays a tenner for her 5Gb, 250m EE plan.
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile

I use GiffGaff.....they run on the O2 network....so see what the coverage is like in your area....

I use them for both my personal and works phones.....the works phone cannot loose data connection as I wont get work if it does..

I did for a few days try an EE sim....absolutely useless where I live.....go out of town and I lost data connection!

Use this link if you want to sign up https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/taxi_driver

You get £5 credit as well as I

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile

I found Giffgaff to be shockingly shite.  Not helped, of course by the poor 3G coverage of its underlying provider, O2.

I'm now with Evil Everywhere, on a 30day rolling SIM only plan, paying £7.50 per 30 days.  They tried to entice me onto a £15 per month 5Gb, 1000m deal, but I stuck with what I had, as I'll soon get up to sufficient data/mins (every 3 months, I get either a 500Mb or 50m add-on for free for life).  Mrs TB pays a tenner for her 5Gb, 250m EE plan.

I guess its because where you live......here I get a minimum of 3G in my house, outside its 4G, sometimes 4G inside as well.

EE is rubbish here  ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

I guess its because where you live......here I get a minimum of 3G in my house, outside its 4G, sometimes 4G inside as well.

I actually did get 3g at home with NiffNaff, but pointless as my broadband wifi is faster. But generally O2 has poor 3G/4G coverage outside of large towns and cities (but fantastic 2g coverage).

With NiffNaff I actually dropped to the 250Mb pack, as it wasn't fast enough to use that much in a month.

When I finally gave up with them, I tried 3 (no rural coverage at all) and EE (a revelation). Works mobile was Voda, and that is truly shite in these parts.

Now, until my account got mangled, and I had more data then I could use, wifi was permanently disabled, as I was regularly getting 65Mb+, faster than my home fibre broadband :o
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile

I actually did get 3g at home with NiffNaff, but pointless as my broadband wifi is faster. But generally O2 has poor 3G/4G coverage outside of large towns and cities (but fantastic 2g coverage).

With NiffNaff I actually dropped to the 250Mb pack, as it wasn't fast enough to use that much in a month

When I finally gave up with them, I tried 3 (no rural coverage at all) and EE (a revelation). Works mobile was Voda, and that is truly shite in these parts.

Now, until my account got mangled, and I had more data then I could use, wifi was permanently disabled, as I was regularly getting 65Mb+, faster than my home fibre broadband :o

Really  :o I got charged extra last month for exceeding my 1G limit on my personal phone.....the work phone uses 300-500M/month and thats just using my driver app and using google maps
« Last Edit: 30 August 2017, 17:35:37 by TD »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.