Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ldv maxus  (Read 3096 times)

Toby2954d

• Sheffield
    • Ldv maxus
    • View Profile
Ldv maxus
« on: 04 August 2018, 13:30:14 »

Hi I have an ldv maxus van which I have converted to a campervan,I've always been pleased with it,but I have a problem,the temperature gauge doesn't  work properly,I've changed the thermostat,it worked properly for a few miles,then the needle wouldn't rise,changed the temp sensor,no joy,changed the temp gauge which is part of the odometer cluster,still no joy, problem is if I get stuck in traffic,the fan won't kick in as the temp gauge is not working properly,can anyone help, Richard.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Ldv maxus
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2018, 16:26:43 »

Not going to lie. I'm wondering how on earth you've ended up here.

Are you saying an Omega looks like a Maxus? If so... Specsavers!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Black5f

• Rothwell. Northants
    • '#03996 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2018, 17:46:13 »

I think you're lost in the wrong forum chief? ... but hey, trying to help you ... generally speaking, if its OBDII? The temp gauge has nothing to do with the fans, it's just a happiness indicator .. ok happy ... not ok ... sad:-( . There is another temp sensor thats talks to the ECM, will most likely be around water pump somewhere. Get a reader (£20 ebay) and check engine temp? This is what the ECM sees and turns the fans on. Its very likely that your Ecm doesn't care and is not connected to the temp gauge. Look at a wiring diagram (Haynes?). Do the fans come on if you stick 12V on them? Some cars they are obvious, some are dead quiet .. my omega they are very loud, my camaro ... very very quiet even on full but you can feel the blast. Probably a relay? But the temp gauge is just there to give you the worries. Normally that will have a separate sensor on the head/s somwhere which can help indicate if air is trapped in head sucked in from a coolant leak, but normally post '95 ish doesn't control the fans.
My temp gauge on my 02, V6 has never worked, fans work fine. But OBDII is pretty much the same on every car.
Hope that helps point you in the right direction mate.

Tom
Current cars ... Omega CD 2.6 '02 is sadly gone, but to a good home, 2005 Honda Civic, '21 Mitsubishi Outlander, and a '96 Chevy Z28 '96 which is still quick.

Toby2954d

• Sheffield
    • Ldv maxus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2018, 12:07:56 »

Thanks,I don't know how I have made this silly mistake,but I really appreciate your time and effort,it's really given me something to go on, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.