Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy !  (Read 4695 times)

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
Happy !
« on: 27 March 2018, 22:17:22 »

Just wanted to say how much I love driving my Elite, be even better when the stereo is sorted  :)
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Happy !
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 10:13:28 »

I drove our Elite for the first time in ages a couple of days ago, and concur, its a lovely car to drive in a spirited manor :)
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2018, 10:54:08 »

I drove our Elite for the first time in ages a couple of days ago, and concur, its a lovely car to drive in a spirited manor :)

That will be around Lord Opti's estate? I miss wafting along in a roomy car. Was a passenger in a car the other day and everyone is packed in like sardines.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2018, 11:47:11 »

Every so often (well, fairly often!) I think about how many problems my Omega is giving me and the cost of the presents I have to buy it, and ponder on repalcing it.
Then I drive it.
When it works as it shoukd, all is forgiven!  :y 8)

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2018, 11:53:55 »

Every so often (well, fairly often!) I think about how many problems my Omega is giving me and the cost of the presents I have to buy it, and ponder on repalcing it.
Then I drive it.

Ron.
TBH, they are cheap to run.  On any 15yr old car, you are going to be replacing things like radiators etc. A newer car, you'll be hit with depreciation. And on any large car, the suspension takes a pounding.
Grumpy old man

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2018, 12:54:36 »

Then I drive it.

Ron.

Agreed!   :y

ps. When it works as it should!  ;)

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2018, 13:52:56 »

Used to love driving my 2.6 never had any problems in the 5 years I had it, replaced it with the Merc obviously better being a V8 but the Omega was just as comfortable.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2018, 13:56:18 »

Amazing how music can transform it, really found that I've enjoyed my 3.2 more since retro fitting bluetooth music.

Full power of the Bose  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2018, 14:06:38 »

Amazing how music can transform it, really found that I've enjoyed my 3.2 more since retro fitting bluetooth music.

TBH, I tend to just channel flick on the wireless, and rarely listen to CDs/iPod/Phone/USB when in the car.  If it annoys me, or I can't find anything, I tend to turn it off rather than listen to other sources ;D

That said, if I've had bongo bongo on loud in the Shag (about half volume starts to hurt), I usually have a headache anyway ;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2018, 14:34:25 »

Then I drive it.

Ron.
Have you got ya radio out yet lad. ;) Think i asked you this last year too. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2018, 15:04:28 »

TBH, I tend to just channel flick on the wireless, and rarely listen to CDs/iPod/Phone/USB when in the car.  If it annoys me, or I can't find anything, I tend to turn it off rather than listen to other sources ;D

That said, if I've had bongo bongo on loud in the Shag (about half volume starts to hurt), I usually have a headache anyway ;D

I get annoyed at adverts, chit-chat of 'dangle berries', other rubbish going on. I'd often find myself shouting at radio for them to shut up and play some music.

Hence enjoy using Spotify in the car and at work. Car share buddy commented other day how I was driving much faster than usual, think it was down to shuffle on Spotify constantly picking some great tunes.  8)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2018, 15:09:30 »

Yes you did, Ronny; it has been an occasional war, with my losing every battle so far. I will make one final concerted effort when it gets warmer/less wet later!

Ron.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2018, 18:51:17 »

I get annoyed at adverts, chit-chat of 'dangle berries', other rubbish going on. I'd often find myself shouting at radio for them to shut up and play some music.
https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142109.45
Hence enjoy using Spotify in the car and at work.Car share buddy commented other day how I was driving much faster than usual, think it was down to shuffle on Spotify constantly picking some great tunes.  8)

No, I think it was because he was terrified! ::) :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2018, 18:53:43 »

That's why I channel flick so much, much to the annoyance of any passengers..

Hence enjoy using Spotify in the car and at work. Car share buddy commented other day how I was driving much faster than usual, think it was down to shuffle on Spotify constantly picking some great tunes.  8)
Maintaining a useable streaming service around these parts is a waste of time, and we are not allowed to listen to music at work, following being sued for not paying performing rights.  So, other than pure intrigue, I don't use Spotify or any other streaming music service.  In fact, I've never made it past the free trial period on any of them.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2018, 19:17:18 »

Car share buddy, his team have a Sonos bar going during the day.

I just wear Bose QuietComfort noise cancelling headphones, work run has 4G all the way. But I do have download flag on, as so favourites don’t have to re-stream.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.