Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: and another celeb  (Read 9273 times)

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
Re: and another celeb
« Reply #15 on: 26 December 2016, 10:30:06 »

what is it with the apparent hysteria surrounding the death of GM? He's dead ...... I'm over it already, though young at 53, it's not that much of a surprise given his hedonistic life style.  :-X

Agreed. 
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 December 2016, 10:53:04 »

Parfitt will never go down as a great but Quo are still the ultimate "get your old man on the dance floor and act like a cock when pissed" band  ;D ;D
Pretty much everybody has made themselves look a arse out of trying to dance to Quo and sing along even though most can never remember the words  ;D
Imo, never a proper rock band and should never be taken as such but deserve to be played at all party's if just for the comedy value of the video's the next day  ;D ;D ;D

RIP Rick  :(

As for George Michael ..............

Started off as a very shy boy who started a band with his ugly, talentless best mate from school because he was scared to get on the stage on his own.
Ended up selling 100 million records / cd's as a solo artist.
His music might not be your taste (or really mine if i'm honest) but when you get somebody of Aretha Franklin's talent banging on your door, you must be pretty good  :y
Incredibly talented song writer and not a bad voice when it came down to it ............

Shame his "any hole is a goal" and "Charlie" addiction oppsed him up in the end  :(

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 December 2016, 10:55:45 »

I reckon the Queen may not see 2017  :-X
What Elton John???:o :o ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 December 2016, 11:07:37 »

I reckon the Queen may not see 2017  :-X
What Elton John???:o :o ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D (I won't be too sad when he goes ...... brilliant in his day in the 70s, but can't be doing with him these days)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 December 2016, 11:33:33 »

Apparently it wasn't heart failure that did for GM, he choked on a minature hero chocky, summat to do with a careless wispa
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 December 2016, 16:54:53 »

Apparently it wasn't heart failure that did for GM, he choked on a minature hero chocky, summat to do with a careless wispa

As Ebenezer Goode once said ..............

Naughty Naughty, very naughty  ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 26 December 2016, 17:53:10 »

Surprised that track wasn't banned by auntie Beeb.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 December 2016, 19:40:34 »

Surprised that track wasn't banned by auntie Beeb.

Same with that nice song about the lovely colour, Brown by the Stranglers   ::) ;D ;D

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 December 2016, 23:21:06 »

Sad to hear that george has passed  :( he seemed a tortured sole & shunned the cameras. In the nineties we got some of his best songs.
I think it was Autumn 1990  "Praying for time " was being played.
When I hear that song all the memories come flooding back.
The girl  I was living with at the time threw a party for her older brother who was leaving for the gulf.  One of my cousins  was already out in Saudi with the airforce. Not knowing what Sadam was capable of, I can remember it being a scary & uncertain time.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 December 2016, 23:35:14 »

Nana just goned too, aged 95...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 December 2016, 23:41:24 »

How very sad.  Ironically the episode of The Royal Family was on just the other night in which Nana died  :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 December 2016, 00:26:25 »

How very sad.  Ironically the episode of The Royal Family was on just the other night in which Nana died  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQFkckPTBM0&t=211s  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 December 2016, 08:27:22 »

Parfitt will never go down as a great but Quo are still the ultimate "get your old man on the dance floor and act like a cock when pissed" band  ;D ;D
Pretty much everybody has made themselves look a arse out of trying to dance to Quo and sing along even though most can never remember the words  ;D
Imo, never a proper rock band and should never be taken as such but deserve to be played at all party's if just for the comedy value of the video's the next day  ;D ;D ;D

Started off as a very shy boy who started a band with his ugly, talentless best mate from school because he was scared to get on the stage on his own.
His music might not be your taste (or really mine if i'm honest) but when you get somebody of Aretha Franklin's talent banging on your door, you must be pretty good  :y
Incredibly talented song writer and not a bad voice when it came down to it ............

Shame his "any hole is a goal" and "Charlie" addiction oppsed him up in the end  :(

I disagree - to a certain extent. In the early 70,s they were a proper rock band. Piledriver was an excellent album, for example.
They quickly turned into a parody of themselves though, and were deservedly, very uncool.
I quite enjoyed the recent aquostic stuff for some reason. Probably because Im also getting old. :)

George Michael was reportedly a crackhead, so maybe not that surprising his heart gave out.
His music wasn't my sort of thing at all, but theres no denying that in years gone by he was a very big talent.
I saw him perform at the 2012 closing ceremony, where he sang a new song ,which was the most long winded, tedious load of claptrap I had heard in years.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 December 2016, 09:58:04 »

I disagree - to a certain extent. In the early 70,s they were a proper rock band. Piledriver was an excellent album, for example.
They quickly turned into a parody of themselves though, and were deservedly, very uncool.
I quite enjoyed the recent aquostic stuff for some reason. Probably because Im also getting old. :)

George Michael was reportedly a crackhead, so maybe not that surprising his heart gave out.
His music wasn't my sort of thing at all, but theres no denying that in years gone by he was a very big talent.
I saw him perform at the 2012 closing ceremony, where he sang a new song ,which was the most long winded, tedious load of claptrap I had heard in years.

Jesus  :o
I forgot about that one ...........  :-[

I'll give you that, it is a great album :y :y

Must have a dig around to see if I have it so I can piss the vile old Lady bits lovely women next door off  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 December 2016, 10:51:22 »

Warning to OOFers

The swear filter is having a day off  :-[
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.