Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I can see why fly tipping!  (Read 4701 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: I can see why fly tipping!
« Reply #30 on: 13 January 2017, 16:58:31 »

When i helped a friend of mine get rid of a sofa.she lived almost next door to the tip so we carried it accross.they wouldnt let us put it in because they told us we were only allowed in in a vehicle,not on foot.they told us to hire a van to bring it in ! .we pretended it was too heavy to lift anymore so they let us leave it Eventually  but wernt happy!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 January 2017, 17:30:13 »

When i helped a friend of mine get rid of a sofa.she lived almost next door to the tip so we carried it accross.they wouldnt let us put it in because they told us we were only allowed in in a vehicle,not on foot.they told us to hire a van to bring it in ! .we pretended it was too heavy to lift anymore so they let us leave it Eventually  but wernt happy!

Bleeding Jobsworths. >:( >:( >:(

aaronjb

« Reply #32 on: 16 January 2017, 11:02:11 »

Hired a van last week to empty the remaining contents from my girlfriends house (some to come here, some to the tip).. it would have been helpful if she'd told us that when the sofa was delivered they had to take the window out to get it in.

Good job we had saws with us ;D came out in little pieces. Did make it much easier to carry up the ramps to the giant skips at the tip, though! ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 16 January 2017, 12:31:41 »

Hired a van last week to empty the remaining contents from my girlfriends house (some to come here, some to the tip).. it would have been helpful if she'd told us that when the sofa was delivered they had to take the window out to get it in.

Good job we had saws with us ;D came out in little pieces. Did make it much easier to carry up the ramps to the giant skips at the tip, though! ;D ;D
Bet that made a mess.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 January 2017, 00:59:20 »

When we moved my youngest to Glastonbury some years ago one item we took was a double sofa bed. We had a hell of a struggle getting it up two flights of stairs and into the flat. When we moved him back a year later he had ripped it apart and chucked it out of his bedroom window into the big communal skips below. Bet the neighbours wondered what the hell was flying down past their windows. ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.