Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rustproofing time again  (Read 781 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Rustproofing time again
« on: 27 May 2007, 09:46:50 »

I'm about to re apply waxoyl to my '00 estate .Usual places chassis sections , doors inside and under window seal strips ,arches etc .
I remember the Omega A (Carlton) and Senator had a terrible spot at the rear arch where the door closed  :oand wondered if that same spot has started to show any problems on the Omega B?
I'm quite prepared to drill ,inject and grommet up that area if it is a potential problem, Anybodt seen any cars with this area rusting ?

Don

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Rustproofing time again
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2007, 12:18:36 »

The answer to that is yes cars can be found with rust in that location however it’s nothing on the scale of the problem that aflicted the Senator (I had two and spent a fortune on wheel arch repairs only for the rust to keep returning with vengeance).
I have a 98 Omega at present which is fine (touch wood) at the moment.
On the Omega the problems seems to be at the top of the door under the window seal and I have had a very small spot repaired on the offside rear door twice. The Omega generally seems to be better corrosion wise then the Senator but GM still have a very long way to go in that respect if they wish to catch VW/Audi. Build quality even on the late models remains disappointing average.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2007, 12:20:14 by markrl »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.