Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong Stereo - Help ????  (Read 2783 times)

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
  • If kicking doesn't work, then hit it with a hammer
    • View Profile
Wrong Stereo - Help ????
« on: 11 March 2009, 21:34:09 »

I have omega elite late 2001 and I have fitted 2005 stereo. It does not work with bose speakers well (volume difficult to control) Also this unit is not a perfect colour match with dash _ it is slightly darker. I suspect someone has changed it. What should be fitted and where can I get one for a reasonable price. Plaese any useful advice welcome. ::) ::) :) :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Stereo - Help ????
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2009, 21:37:32 »

On a 2.6, likely came with a ccr2006 (this is bose/non bose programmable), unless it had the optional (on 2.6) satnav.

If the MID is full size mono, it would be ccr2006, if its half size mono, either the ncdc201x or the ccrt2008 (rare-ish in UK), if full size colour it will be ncdc201x
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2009, 21:43:19 »

I have had books in manual for traffic master and sat nav, but no colour screen in car, I think maybe previous owner robbed me  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2009, 21:49:26 »

Trafficmaster not fitted to later cars, Nav (as TB says) was an option on most Omega's, only really came as standard on 3.0 and 3.2 Elites, even then CID screen was an option.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2009, 21:50:29 »

I have had books in manual for traffic master and sat nav, but no colour screen in car, I think maybe previous owner robbed me  ;)
They all come with manuals that cover all options ;)

What is your display like?
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2009, 22:16:43 »

its yellow digital. and the I have 2 codes for radio one on original I D card and second on independant decoder company card. I have check and I gps node installed but not connected. The previous owner was vauxhall. This was a show car. It still has only 53,000 miles. I think with this in mind. DOUBLE HELP  :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2009, 22:20:03 »

its yellow digital. and the I have 2 codes for radio one on original I D card and second on independant decoder company card. I have check and I gps node installed but not connected. The previous owner was vauxhall. This was a show car. It still has only 53,000 miles. I think with this in mind. DOUBLE HELP  :-[
does the cdr2005 put radio info up on the computer display? If so, it had ccr2006 unit.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2009, 22:20:54 »

Well it didn't have a Navigation unit then if you have security codes for the head unit on the carpass and independently.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2009, 22:22:07 »

Well it didn't have a Navigation unit then if you have security codes for the head unit on the carpass and independently.
carpass for ncdc equipped systems often have radio code filled out - its same code as immob though.
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2009, 22:25:17 »

Now you see why I am confused and am asking for help. But one thing I am sure about is that I don't have original head unit. I had other strange problems with this car, but Vauxhall Luton helped me solve, but this one has no answer.  :(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2009, 22:26:53 »

carpass for ncdc equipped systems often have radio code filled out - its same code as immob though.

The two I have for NCDC equipped cars don't, just XXXX for the code.

Reminds me, must get you to change the pairing code on the units I have in mine so they resemble this car rather than the last  :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2009, 22:27:05 »

Now you see why I am confused and am asking for help. But one thing I am sure about is that I don't have original head unit. I had other strange problems with this car, but Vauxhall Luton helped me solve, but this one has no answer.  :(
no, cdr2005 is definately NOT standard fit for Elite.  CCR2006 is the standard fit for 2.6 Elite, with CCRT2008 and NCDC series as options
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2009, 22:38:33 »

so where do I go next on this search, cos cdr 2005 driving me nuts. Each step on the volume is all or nothing. intrusive, then loud, then even louder and so on. This o.k. if you want loud but not if you want to talk to passenger with music in the background. And where do i source new head unit. Any help gratefully received

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2009, 22:40:08 »

bloody vauxhall have caused me many probs with this car but condition and low mileage were worth it  :)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2009, 10:39:42 »

The car pass will be the code for the original stereo...should also say the stereo type on it next to the code i.e. 2006 1234 etc...

I have a CCR2006 going spare here with code all in working order if you are interested...pm me if you are  :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2009, 09:16:39 »

does the cdr2005 put radio info up on the computer display? If so, it had ccr2006 unit.
This question has still not been answered ;)

Once answered, we can tell you what you need to buy :y
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 March 2009, 09:50:00 »

sorry I haven`t replied earlier, but I have been making further investigations. the display does show with this unit. my investigations have found that this cars head unit has was swopped by an independant car dealer with head unit on a cd model. I even have the reg of the other vehicle, not sure how this helps lol. this was done cos the dealer thought the cdr 2007 looked nicer so he put it my elite and put the ccr 2006 BOSE programed unit in the cd. next question is any idea how to trace the other vehicle. also I am told by a member in devon that you are authority on tech 2 and have full tech 2 capability. can any ccr2006 be changed to BOSE. He also suggested that I could damage my BOSE system with this head unit. Your help and thoughts on this would be appreciated. Sorry using pda today that doesn`t support smilies, so no smiley.

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2009, 10:08:32 »

Hi TB...pm from g and ns omega says the car pass for the car specifies the car had a CCR2006 in it originally...I have one here but its not set up for Bose...I think the question needing an answer is...

Can all CCR2006 head units be programmed via tech2 for Bose?? And are the CCR2006 head units pre programmed with Bose from the box the same but just pre tech2'd??
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 March 2009, 10:11:17 »

sorry I haven`t replied earlier, but I have been making further investigations. the display does show with this unit. my investigations have found that this cars head unit has was swopped by an independant car dealer with head unit on a cd model. I even have the reg of the other vehicle, not sure how this helps lol. this was done cos the dealer thought the cdr 2007 looked nicer so he put it my elite and put the ccr 2006 BOSE programed unit in the cd. next question is any idea how to trace the other vehicle. also I am told by a member in devon that you are authority on tech 2 and have full tech 2 capability. can any ccr2006 be changed to BOSE. He also suggested that I could damage my BOSE system with this head unit. Your help and thoughts on this would be appreciated. Sorry using pda today that doesn`t support smilies, so no smiley.
Yes, I have the facilities to reconfigure ccr2006 to Bose - http://theboy.omegaowners.com for prices - and I work in Bletchley on the days I actually make it in to the office ::)

Now we know you have a MID, that means your original factory fit stereo would have been a CCR2006 (which any dealer could have told you by looking up your VIN/Reg on EPC), though if you're using Crownhill's, they don't know their arse from their elbow in my experience.

So, acquire a known working CCR2006 from somewhere, and put it in place of your cdr2005, and reprogram (via Tech2) if it didn't come from a Bose equipped Omega.
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 March 2009, 11:50:56 »

you are right about crownhill. I generally find them useless and unhelpful. I go to bedford if I am forced to use a vauxhall dealer. which is not often. thanks for advice and help. If I want to try and find the owner of a car, e.g. the  owner of the other omega, is there a way to advertise on this site with the reg.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #20 on: 13 March 2009, 12:22:43 »

I wonder who that Devon member was   ::)   :P
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2009, 12:26:02 »

I wonder who that Devon member was   ::)   :P
A certain bloke from near the coast, who will shortly have 1000 posts on this very site :o
Grumpy old man

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2009, 12:32:53 »

who ever he is he should be careful of drunk people in charge of a phone :-/

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2009, 13:11:16 »

There you go mate, you can buy my spare CCR2006 unit after all and just have it Bose configured and off you go  :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #24 on: 13 March 2009, 13:33:00 »

who ever he is he should be careful of drunk people in charge of a phone :-/

Would you be referring to yourself by any chance  ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #25 on: 13 March 2009, 13:34:32 »

Sorry, Couldn`t resist it

1000 posts

Is that a record on this site for someone who has never owned an Omega ?

:P
www.dndservices.co.uk

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2009, 13:57:50 »

I couldn`t possibly comment it could be incriminating  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2009, 16:09:37 »

1000 posts

Reckon so :y
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2009, 16:44:48 »

1000 posts

The Fiat forum reckoned that when I hit 10,000 that I should get a free car, but I have near doubled that with them and the driveway is empty still - I`m certainly not going to buy one.

:(

I seldom go on the Ferrari forum any longer, as I think my 500+ posts on there were me trying to get my bloody thing working properly - now sold, and good riddance.

>:(

So OOfers, when do points make prizes for non ownership - I think that with 1000 posts that I should at least qualify for a free reciprocal listing on your websites essential services page. And if you haven`t yet got one (I couldn`t find it) then I think that one should be started in my honour.

:P :P :-* :P :P
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 March 2009, 17:07:43 »

1000 posts

The Fiat forum reckoned that when I hit 10,000 that I should get a free car, but I have near doubled that with them and the driveway is empty still - I`m certainly not going to buy one.

:(

I seldom go on the Ferrari forum any longer, as I think my 500+ posts on there were me trying to get my bloody thing working properly - now sold, and good riddance.

>:(

So OOfers, when do points make prizes for non ownership - I think that with 1000 posts that I should at least qualify for a free reciprocal listing on your websites essential services page. And if you haven`t yet got one (I couldn`t find it) then I think that one should be started in my honour.

:P :P :-* :P :P
We don't have one.  We nearly had one about a year ago, but we couldn't get a workable solution to the way we were trying to implement it.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.