Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x300_jgr  (Read 1291 times)

x300_jgr

• Abertillery/ Gwent South Wales
    • View Profile
x300_jgr
« on: 06 February 2010, 07:01:29 »

Hello, as on my Omega Elite 1999 i had to remove the battery and it then lost the Radio Code, i only bought the car last Saturday and it did not come with the security pass card, got in touch with the seller to ask for the code and he don't want to get back to me. Anyway, as be it now its showing SAFE on the screen and using the AS key and then switch radio on and off it does nothing. So do you think that if i disconnect the battery again and then reconnect it will on the screen show to enter a code. Please let me know if you would please. Thank you.

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: x300_jgr
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2010, 09:13:43 »

have you tryed removing the radio and see if some kind person may have left the code on it, allso did you leave the car for 10-20 min before doing any thing as that can cause problems as well. I.E turn key as if to start engine with immoboliser so it would start, then turn off key after position 2 , then remove battery with in 20 seconds.:y
« Last Edit: 06 February 2010, 09:15:55 by Russell_Hill »
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

x300_jgr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2010, 09:43:08 »

Thank you for your feed back, all you have said has earlier i just done that with no joy, i did have at the time when battery replaced have it saying enter code from attempts 1,2,3,4 and up till then gave up as on the sheet in the paper work i had when bought the car, it does have the code that i put in, but it must be the wrong one. So then what i done was just put in code 1111 as a guess, and then it shows SAFE, as from then can,t get it to say enter the 4 digit code. So on the internet there is plenty to get the code at a price of £2.99, so i think i will take the unit out to get the serial number and what you said the kind person left the code on the back. If you have another solution i would love to here it. Thank you.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2010, 09:46:20 »

Hello, as on my Omega Elite 1999 i had to remove the battery and it then lost the Radio Code, i only bought the car last Saturday and it did not come with the security pass card, got in touch with the seller to ask for the code and he don't want to get back to me. Anyway, as be it now its showing SAFE on the screen and using the AS key and then switch radio on and off it does nothing. So do you think that if i disconnect the battery again and then reconnect it will on the screen show to enter a code. Please let me know if you would please. Thank you.

You'll need the codes.  :( Do you have a prefacelift car with a CCRT700 radio ... the one with a phone built in? You should be able to get the Car Pass from your local dealer with all the codes for the car, at a price! Check first what they charge as different dealers charge varying amounts.
To enter you code you need the ign on
Turn the unit off
press & hold AS while you turn the unit back on - keep AS press till it beeps. The display will show CODE for 3 secs.
you'll then get    ---- <10> (ie the number of attempts left)
Enter code withthe phone key pad & the then confirm by pressing the large multi-function /volume button.

You only have 10 attempts before it then costs more for it to be de-coded at DaveDND's work shop (he's a member here)
CD code is similar but you press CD instead of AS to enter the CD chnager code.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2010, 09:47:24 »

Thank you for your feed back, all you have said has earlier i just done that with no joy, i did have at the time when battery replaced have it saying enter code from attempts 1,2,3,4 and up till then gave up as on the sheet in the paper work i had when bought the car, it does have the code that i put in, but it must be the wrong one. So then what i done was just put in code 1111 as a guess, and then it shows SAFE, as from then can,t get it to say enter the 4 digit code. So on the internet there is plenty to get the code at a price of £2.99, so i think i will take the unit out to get the serial number and what you said the kind person left the code on the back. If you have another solution i would love to here it. Thank you.

you've run out of attempts!!  :-/  :-/  :-/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2010, 18:29:36 »

What model stereo are you running?
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

x300_jgr

• View Profile
Re: x300_jgr RADIO CODE.
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2010, 07:04:55 »

Hello Dave the info you asked is  TYPE CCRT700 Phillips and all on the sticker is....

14 digit No.....90222139875102
No.........90 566 805
...W 8 U

And in hand writing in a text box is 9371

That,s as much Dave that i can send you. Please let me know what you think?

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2010, 07:36:43 »

Hello Dave the info you asked is  TYPE CCRT700 Phillips and all on the sticker is....

No.........90 566 805
...W 8 U

would think that was the code for the unit. :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2010, 10:36:57 »

No.........90 566 805
...W 8 U

would think that was the code for the unit. :y

Scribbled number could be anything   ::)

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/faqs-code-card.html

However, as far as CCRT700 goes, code can be obtained here

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/vauxhall-ccrt700-bose-on-star.html

But be aware that if you have foolishly been entering random incorrect numbers into your stereo and used upall of your attempts, then you are into a three figure sum for us to reset it I`m afraid

:'(
www.dndservices.co.uk

x300_jgr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2010, 08:46:10 »

Thanks Dave for the link you sent me, as be the amount of attempts i made there will be 7 left, but the only thing is at the moment when the radio is switched on the is no display on the separate screen now, as before it said CODE_ _ _ _ 7 NOW IT DON'T, THEN IT SAID.....SAFE.... BUT NOW IT SHOWS NONE OF ABOVE. SO I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE. ALSO THE SERIAL NUMBER IS IT NOT STAMPED ON THE METAL CASING OF THE UNIT, AND NOT WHAT I SENT YOU ON THE STICKER? IF SO I WILL HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE UNIT AS TO GET THE NUMBER THAT STARTS WITH 2 LETTERS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT BEFORE I GET THE CODE VIA EMAIL @£7.50. THANK YOU. :(

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2010, 09:51:52 »

as be the amount of attempts i made there will be 7 left,

Good, don`t guess at any more numbers untill you have tried one from me first

but the only thing is at the moment when the radio is switched on the is no display on the separate screen now

Hmm . ..  Doesn`t sound right - check fuses, or better still remove radio for one hour and refit - display should come back up.

before it said CODE_ _ _ _ 7 NOW IT DON'T, THEN IT SAID.....SAFE....

SAFE without a number means that the ignition was not turned on first when going through the code entry sequence. CODE___7 also means around 2 hours with ignition and radio switched on continuously before another code attempt may be possible.

ALSO THE SERIAL NUMBER IS IT NOT STAMPED ON THE METAL CASING OF THE UNIT, AND NOT WHAT I SENT YOU ON THE STICKER?

Yes it is - its 14 digits long, engraved into the side of teh chassis and can be a bugger to see, but IS NOT found on any labels. Should start with GM????????????

IF SO I WILL HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE UNIT AS TO GET THE NUMBER THAT STARTS WITH 2 LETTERS.

Yep, take it out and that may also cure above problem also.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT BEFORE I GET THE CODE VIA EMAIL @£7.50.

PM me your details, and I can check them before going through our automated service

THANK YOU. :(

No worries, but please turn off your CAPS as it can be viewed by many as shouting, and I`m sure that you do not want to be shouting at me.

:y
« Last Edit: 08 February 2010, 09:52:59 by Dave_DND »
www.dndservices.co.uk

x300_jgr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2010, 12:36:46 »

Dave, i am sorry to leave on the caps, i am not as you said to be shouting at you. Please forgive me? I just sent to you an email with the info i think i will need.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2010, 12:48:38 »

Dave, i am sorry to leave on the caps, i am not as you said to be shouting at you. Please forgive me? I just sent to you an email with the info i think i will need.

;)

Yep, thats the number !!

And yes, leave the radio and ignition switched on for continuous 2 hours, and code entry should again be possible.

Use that serial number via this automated link

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/Vauxhall-CCRT700-BOSE-On-Star-code.html

or here

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/e-code-vauxhall_pheng.html

:y
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.