Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Previous Car - The Red Devil  (Read 3696 times)

Dan McIntyre

• Mirfield, West Yorks
    • View Profile
My Previous Car - The Red Devil
« on: 16 January 2007, 02:05:25 »

As some of you may know I previously owned and drove an Irmscher kitted Vectra, until my disability prevented me from driving manual cars.

Well just thought I'd show you all if I may.  This car was used in a Total Vauxhall guide to the Vectra B back in May 06.

Every bit of kit on the car and the interior was genuine Irmscher, except the eyebrows which were RGM.

I absolutely adored that car and was gutted when it was sold just before Christmas.
Dan McIntyre
Those who say it's impossible should not interrupt those who are doing it

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
Re: My Previous Car - The Red Devil
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2007, 06:45:55 »

Very smart, :y as it happens i missed buying a blue one of these from the same garage i got my mv6 from by about 5 mins.....lol >:(.Never mind............

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2007, 12:42:44 »

not a bad veccy that... i do like the colour!  :y

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2007, 20:56:06 »

Thats a tasty lookin car
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2007, 23:19:42 »

Nice kit and nicely polished Dan, it's a credit to you  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2007, 11:52:39 »

Very nice Dan :y 8-) its a shame you had to give it up. :(
« Last Edit: 17 January 2007, 11:52:57 by nixoro »

Tina

• Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2007, 12:40:19 »

Very nice car,   :y

can i show mine now  ::)                                      kiddin  :D
My beast will be back with me soon :)
Quattro & Ummpphh what more can a girl want

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2007, 15:17:36 »

Really like that - i do really like the sporty vectras.

In fact ( whispers) when i get the 2,6 sri vectra fixed i may keep it and sell the mv6 :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2007, 17:26:18 »

Ouch.... Selling the MV6 :O At least the Vectra will have the "driver involvement pack", consisting of an extra pedal and a gear lever that works ;). Never fancied the handling of the Vectra though, and of course the evils of FWD :P

That model still looks loads better than the "new" one though, which is just plain hideous. I must say though I much prefer the 4-door variant as it looks more touring car and less Tesco car park than the 5 door. That one does look really well modified though, I particularly like the wheels.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2007, 17:59:59 »

I know theres many reasons NOT to keep it but i really like the look and i can only imagine how quick it is on a manual with a 2,6 engine in a car smaller than the Omega  :o

And its 3 years newer too...time wil tell though :-/
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 January 2007, 19:27:59 »

I know theres many reasons NOT to keep it but i really like the look and i can only imagine how quick it is on a manual with a 2,6 engine in a car smaller than the Omega  :o

Probably about as quick as a 3.0 Omega with a manual box ;)

Book figure is 8.5 secs for the 0-60, but these tend to be quite conservative for the manuals and you'll easily knock the best part of a second off it if you're prepared to give it a bit of revs on launch and have good tyres. Book for the manual MV6 is 8.0 I think and I know that can be beaten 8-)

Martin_1962

« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2007, 13:17:51 »

Probably about as quick as a 3.0 Omega with a manual box ;)

Book figure is 8.5 secs for the 0-60, but these tend to be quite conservative for the manuals and you'll easily knock the best part of a second off it if you're prepared to give it a bit of revs on launch and have good tyres. Book for the manual MV6 is 8.0 I think and I know that can be beaten 8-)

I can get my Omega auto 2.6 under 9 seconds so I reckon under 8 for a 3.0 manual is correct

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2007, 23:22:41 »

Impressive, VX quote 1 second difference between the manual and the auto for the 0-60 in the 3.0, so assuming it's the same for the 2.6 the manual 2.6 will be around 8 secs in the real world. That bodes well for the 3.0 with an extra 30 BHP.

I wonder what the official figure is for the manual 3.2 is. Not easy to find seeing as VX in their typical insanity never released it to the public, only the cops ::). But it's obviously going to be the quickest standard model, not much of a power jump over the 3.0 but still enough to shave a few tenths off the 0-60.

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2007, 12:43:44 »

Impressive, VX quote 1 second difference between the manual and the auto for the 0-60 in the 3.0, so assuming it's the same for the 2.6 the manual 2.6 will be around 8 secs in the real world. That bodes well for the 3.0 with an extra 30 BHP.

I wonder what the official figure is for the manual 3.2 is. Not easy to find seeing as VX in their typical insanity never released it to the public, only the cops ::). But it's obviously going to be the quickest standard model, not much of a power jump over the 3.0 but still enough to shave a few tenths off the 0-60.

The main reason the 3.0 auto is sluggish is gearing, the 2.6 is lower geared so up to 30 or so is actually qicker than the 3.0. I can't see the manual 2.6 being much quicker than the auto.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2007, 18:26:09 »

The main reason the 3.0 auto is sluggish is gearing, the 2.6 is lower geared so up to 30 or so is actually qicker than the 3.0. I can't see the manual 2.6 being much quicker than the auto.

No reason it shouldn't be, the manual 3.0 is hampered a bit by gearing too (obviously much less so than the auto with the benefit of a clutch and 5 gears). The manual 2.5 has noticably lower gearing than the 3.0 so I'd expect the 2.6 manual is similarly lower geared.

I did consider getting a diff from a 2.5 for the lower gearing, but it's a combination of the diff and box so diff alone would only get the gearing around half-way between that of a 2.5 and a 3.0.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.