Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes does not want to start  (Read 1178 times)

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
  • They say money talks,but all mine says is Goodbye!
    • View Profile
Sometimes does not want to start
« on: 30 September 2009, 22:58:50 »

New problem appears at the horizon for the mig:

Sometimes when I turn the key in the ignition, the car does not start. I have to try about 8 - 10 times to get it started. I do hear a definite "click" sound in the engine bay which I assume to be the starter. Now, is the problem with the started or is it something else?  :-/

Any help welcome  :y

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes does not want to start
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2009, 03:11:47 »

I have the same sort of problem with mine Ziad and can distinctly here a click from the front end but I've noticed that if i turn the key normally(slow) it does it but if i turn the key quicker it starts every time :y.

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2009, 05:12:06 »

I have the same sort of problem with mine Ziad and can distinctly here a click from the front end but I've noticed that if i turn the key normally(slow) it does it but if i turn the key quicker it starts every time :y.

Next time it does that, I'll try the trick  ;) Thanks for the tip Pete  :y

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2009, 01:27:18 »

No probs. Ziad :y.

Let me know if it works so that if one of us finds out what the cause is then we can let the other know the solution :).

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2009, 03:08:07 »

Let me know if it works so that if one of us finds out what the cause is then we can let the other know the solution :).

She did it again today and of course, I tried your trick. You won't believe it, but it actually works  :D :P :y

Anyway, I will be taking the car to my genius mechanic next week (that is, if i'm not working like crazy again as a b@stard left the job without giving any notice and now i got to do everything alone!) and will have him clean the ignition barrel odds and sods plus a service of the starter. Will defo let you know if that sorts it out Pete. If you happen to solve it first, drop me a line please  :y

Cheers again  :y
« Last Edit: 02 October 2009, 03:08:48 by ziad »

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2009, 05:03:39 »

She did it again today and of course, I tried your trick. You won't believe it, but it actually works  :D :P :y

Anyway, I will be taking the car to my genius mechanic next week (that is, if i'm not working like crazy again as a b@stard left the job without giving any notice and now i got to do everything alone!) and will have him clean the ignition barrel odds and sods plus a service of the starter. Will defo let you know if that sorts it out Pete. If you happen to solve it first, drop me a line please  :y

Glad it worked for you and i could be of some help :).

I will of course let you know if i sort it first :y.

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2009, 11:59:21 »

I know this may sound a bit stupid, but I used to have this problem on my Astra many years ago. Turn the key and nothing happens, apart from a click. It actually turned out to be the battery.  :o Don't know whether it might be worth investigating?

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2009, 21:41:48 »

Glad it worked for you and i could be of some help :).

I will of course let you know if i sort it first :y.

Cheers Pete  :y

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2009, 21:43:39 »

I know this may sound a bit stupid, but I used to have this problem on my Astra many years ago. Turn the key and nothing happens, apart from a click. It actually turned out to be the battery.  :o Don't know whether it might be worth investigating?

Thanks for the tip mate ... thing is that my battery is newish - 4 months old, maintenance free thingy. Checked it anyway today, and it looks to be ok. Thing is that when you hear the click, everything else works fine (horn, headlamps etc) which in my opinion rule out the battery  :-/

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2009, 00:12:26 »

I know this may sound a bit stupid, but I used to have this problem on my Astra many years ago. Turn the key and nothing happens, apart from a click. It actually turned out to be the battery:o Don't know whether it might be worth investigating?

Worth a try thanks :y but have checked the battery and all connections and all seems AOK.

Not a big problem as long as it doesn't get any worse or fail to start altogether ::).

To be honest i would think it's something to do with the ignition barrel or similar :-/.

Cheers,
                    Pete ;).

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2009, 02:31:08 »

I agree with Pete ... havent got time to sort it out yet though  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.