Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.0 16v Tranny Woes  (Read 546 times)

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
Omega 2.0 16v Tranny Woes
« on: 22 September 2010, 13:55:55 »

[size=12]Hi Guys,

Its been a while. A few weeks back I encountred an error message on my multi-display "Automatic Gearbox". Then the car became sluggish and had to select gears manually to get home. I brought it to the dealership and they said that the tech 2 indicated a " Gear ratio error". They then proceeded to change the Auto trans filter and erased the error code. When I got the car, it ran well for a few days then I got the same error again. I'd like to get your opinion on what you think is wrong with my car before bring it back to the dealer. Is this a mechanical problem or an electrical problem. They are telling to bring back the car so they can clean the valve body and replace the gaskets. I need your expert advice. Thanks![/size] :y

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.0 16v Tranny Woes
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2010, 14:40:34 »

any more info? ie, are the selector lights on,what preceeds the failure? ie what gear was the gearbox trying to select?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2010, 14:50:04 »

90% of the times I have seen the fault 'Gear ratio error' I have found pieces of thrust washer in the front small sump.

Here is the criteria for raising the fault.

Selector lever not in position P, R, N
"Emergency Mode" is not activated.
Engine speed is greater than 3448 rpm
Converter slip is greater than
288 rpm in 1st gear
480 rpm in 2nd gear
672 rpm in 3rd gear
896 rpm in 4th gear
(The converter slip is calculated by using the engine speed, the automatic transmission output speed and the gear ratio of the engaged gear.)

Above conditions must be fulfilled for at least 2.26 s .

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2010, 05:56:01 »

Hi guys. Thanks for your reply. I noticed that in some instances when i start the car the "automatic gearbox" error comes out when i shift to d or r from park. sometimes the error comes out after after driving a few kilometers. I noticed tht when it comes out I shift from drive to 3 and the car becomes responsive. Sometimes the error comes out just after starting the car. What I do is drive the can in manual mode for 15mins, turn off the ignition then start the car again the car runs fine without the error and it doesn't come out till after a 30 mins to an hour. This is weirding me out. can anyone make sense of what is happening?  :-/Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.