Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interest to Guffer? Progress on curing Crohn's disease  (Read 1989 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Interest to Guffer? Progress on curing Crohn's disease
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2016, 13:49:38 »

I saw that and it slightly peaked my interest.  Every few months a 'new cure' is found yet no progress is actually made.  I am having more issues with managing the side-effects one of which is a vit b deficiency to which the doctors suggestion is to take oral b complex.  But if I am not ingesting vit b due to damage in my intestine then oral b complex will not do any good, a fact the doctor seems unwilling to accept.

I have found another way though thanks to our German friends :)

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2016, 16:12:27 »

Don't worry Matt, Mark Zuckerberg says he's going to cure all disease so you'll be fine ..

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2016, 17:20:43 »

Don't worry Matt, Mark Zuckerberg says he's going to cure all disease so you'll be fine ..

Indeed. Although i think he has set his sights a bit low. I mean, why stop at all diseases when you can cure all poverty, war, famine, slavery and corruption ....... with 8bn.  :|

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2016, 18:53:51 »

I saw that and it slightly peaked my interest.  Every few months a 'new cure' is found yet no progress is actually made.  I am having more issues with managing the side-effects one of which is a vit b deficiency to which the doctors suggestion is to take oral b complex.  But if I am not ingesting vit b due to damage in my intestine then oral b complex will not do any good, a fact the doctor seems unwilling to accept.

Finding a doctor who understands and  puts in the effort to treat Crohns in the best possible way, seems to be the hardest part of suffering from it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2016, 19:04:08 »

Reading the comments below the article it seems that cannabis is the answer!   :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2016, 22:10:15 »

I saw that and it slightly peaked my interest.  Every few months a 'new cure' is found yet no progress is actually made.  I am having more issues with managing the side-effects one of which is a vit b deficiency to which the doctors suggestion is to take oral b complex.

Isn't that some sort of fancy toothbrush?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2016, 22:14:55 »

Injections are the way for friends with this problem to ensure absorption. :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2016, 22:51:23 »

Reading the comments below the article it seems that cannabis is the answer!   :D

Not for me, for reasons i cannot go in  to on here.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2016, 22:53:25 »

Recently started this despite protestations from my rather inept GP.  Self injecting is not a pleasant experience but better than the symptoms of vit b deficiencies.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2016, 22:55:50 »

Recently started this despite protestations from my rather inept GP.  Self injecting is not a pleasant experience but better than the symptoms of vit b deficiencies.

:y :y :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2016, 22:15:22 »

Interesting comment from an American, Patrick Cox, (his free email newsletter is worth subscribing to) that closely follows and writes about medical advances and biotechnology. "In 20 years time, the medicines and treatments we have now, will look like the stone age."
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.