Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Autobahnstormers  (Read 6650 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Autobahnstormers
« Reply #15 on: 19 March 2020, 20:58:26 »

Did you say 'early retirement' in another thread  ???

Cheeky bar steward ....  ;) I'm 58  :P
That's pretty old, Mr Beanz :P
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 March 2020, 21:29:28 »

Did you say 'early retirement' in another thread  ???

Cheeky bar steward ....  ;) I'm 58  :P
That's pretty old, Mr Beanz :P
Thanks .....  :P :P :P :P

Glassback

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • Face lift cdx dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2020, 13:48:11 »

How do I add photos. ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2020, 17:11:12 »

How do I add photos. ?

Pictures need to be hosted elsewhere & then linked to here

Glassback

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • Face lift cdx dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2020, 12:23:44 »

Admin Edit:
Message removed as it does not comply with our guidelines, sorry
« Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 11:29:11 by TheBoy »

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2020, 09:48:04 »

It is a great club for Lotus Carlton owners and  ....

:o :o :o :o You can't say that!  ::) ::)

I was in ABS for one year. I have the magazine's somewhere.  The editors know what THEY like.and Lotus is one of them.
The forum? Dead really
Advise? I've had better
Trade club? Yeah. Well maybe. Very hit and miss.
So I stick to www.autoshite.com and oof

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2020, 15:02:43 »

I've been a member for many years. I joined for the trade club membership and the camaraderie with other Senator owners. I ran a fleet of six ex-police Senators for many years, four of which which appeared on the cover of Straight Six News, see above. Now the internet provides the cheap spares, this forum the camaraderie, and I no longer own any straight six cars. I applaud and thank the folk who keep it going, and still produce a quarterly magazine.

I note they still organise meetings. I once attended a meeting, expecting a gathering like our Brackley meeting, but only one other guy turned up. We had a 2 hour conversation in the cold, while his wife sat in the car, then parted, looking forward to the next gathering. I never went again.

The very professional A4 full colour magazine often includes some tempting parts adverts, repair tips, and restoration articles.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2020, 15:16:53 »

I've been a member for many years. I joined for the trade club membership and the camaraderie with other Senator owners. I ran a fleet of six ex-police Senators for many years, four of which which appeared on the cover of Straight Six News, see above. Now the internet provides the cheap spares, this forum the camaraderie, and I no longer own any straight six cars. I applaud and thank the folk who keep it going, and still produce a quarterly magazine.

I note they still organise meetings. I once attended a meeting, expecting a gathering like our Brackley meeting, but only one other guy turned up. We had a 2 hour conversation in the cold, while his wife sat in the car, then parted, looking forward to the next gathering. I never went again.

The very professional A4 full colour magazine often includes some tempting parts adverts, repair tips, and restoration articles.

That photo is a lovely reminder of the Senny's! :-* :-* :-* :-*

I wish I still had mine!! :'( :'( :'(

As for the ABS magazine - yes, it makes for interesting reading and any source for spare parts must be welcomed, along with the TC facility of membership! 8) 8) ;D ;D :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2020, 18:13:05 »

I still go to the monthly local ABS meets. Well did, as I doubt it'll be on for 2 or 3 months at least ;D
Grumpy old man

Steve Brookman

• Blackwood, Gwent
    • Royale/Senator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2020, 20:37:28 »

I'm still in it but like New Pod prefer Autoshite. I've got a Senator - whats for sale?

Regards

Steve
Previous
Omega 2.5 GLS Auto Estate         S115 JVV
Omega 3.0 Elite  Auto Estate        T639 TFA

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2020, 23:53:28 »

It's a common complaint that the ABS is only any good for LC/LO owners. The issue is though that there are a lot more active LC/LO owners trying to maintain their cars that there are Senator or GSi owners. There used to be a fairly active Monza membership too - mainly in East Anglia but they seem to have drifted away in the past 5-10 years.

The old ABS magazine editor (Steve Bunny) used to moan incessantly about the only articles he got for inclusion were LC/LO related. The editor isn't paid to produce content for the magazine - he simply assembles the mag from content supplies by members. If the only supplied contend is LC related, then that's all he can include.

Personally I think it was a huge mistake (20+ years ago) not to include all Carltons in the club. I said as much at an AGM back in the 90's. But the leadership at the time were resolute that they only wanted to include straight 6's. By the time they included the Omegas (all Omegas even the 4PPOS :-) ) it was too late.

Trade club was a good perk, but Vx removed TC support from most dealerships several years ago, and my nearest one was then 40 miles away. Can't blame the ABS for that though.

And recently the forum has moved (dunno why - never asked). I'm still on the new forum, but I don't like it. Worse - a recent update to the old forum software has made all the old content inaccessible. Work to repair the damage is apparently underway, but I'll believe it when I see it. If it can't be fixed, that's 20 years of vital info lost. >:(

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2020, 10:14:00 »

It's a common complaint that the ABS is only any good for LC/LO owners. The issue is though that there are a lot more active LC/LO owners trying to maintain their cars that there are Senator or GSi owners. There used to be a fairly active Monza membership too - mainly in East Anglia but they seem to have drifted away in the past 5-10 years.

The old ABS magazine editor (Steve Bunny) used to moan incessantly about the only articles he got for inclusion were LC/LO related. The editor isn't paid to produce content for the magazine - he simply assembles the mag from content supplies by members. If the only supplied contend is LC related, then that's all he can include.

Personally I think it was a huge mistake (20+ years ago) not to include all Carltons in the club. I said as much at an AGM back in the 90's. But the leadership at the time were resolute that they only wanted to include straight 6's. By the time they included the Omegas (all Omegas even the 4PPOS :-) ) it was too late.

Trade club was a good perk, but Vx removed TC support from most dealerships several years ago, and my nearest one was then 40 miles away. Can't blame the ABS for that though.

And recently the forum has moved (dunno why - never asked). I'm still on the new forum, but I don't like it. Worse - a recent update to the old forum software has made all the old content inaccessible. Work to repair the damage is apparently underway, but I'll believe it when I see it. If it can't be fixed, that's 20 years of vital info lost. >:(
I had copied some of your excellent posts from the old forum for reference :y, but by the time they warned us of the shutdown of the archive it was too late for a really good trawl through the incredible range of information and knowledge that had accumulated on it.   :-[  The LC/LO values will hopefully keep the interest in them alive for a good few more years, but (sadly) other Carlton's, Senators and Omegas will probably all die out with their owners...
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2020, 17:06:46 »

Here's my 2006 fleet, 3 ex-police white 3 litre and 2 civilian blue 2 litre. Like the earlier picture, shot on Christmas day, the only day of the year when most of the family, and their cars, are here.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 March 2020, 19:23:20 »

I'm still on ABS at the moment but will be dropping out this year. Two Audi's and a bmw are hardly eligible club cars are they.  ::)
Nice bunch of guys when I met them at Billing a few times but my odd shift pattern made it nigh on impossible to do the pub meets so I found it difficult to integrate in to that side of things. I am on the forum but haven't posted on there since the new forum took over. Certainly not as active as this forum but like everything in life, familiarity makes things more comfortable.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 March 2020, 20:32:53 »

Here's my 2006 fleet, 3 ex-police white 3 litre and 2 civilian blue 2 litre. Like the earlier picture, shot on Christmas day, the only day of the year when most of the family, and their cars, are here.

mmm I don't see any of terry's pictures at all .. but I do see other peoples ...
« Last Edit: 30 March 2020, 20:35:29 by Entwood »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.