Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealer service for the Tata next week.  (Read 4941 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer service for the Tata next week.
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2020, 16:14:07 »

Are you dropping off or are they doing (the as advised) collect and return?

Taking it in......but now you mention it I'll give them a bell to see if they can collect. :y

you do know that it will be collected by some grumpy old git(or if you're really unlucky, the workshop teaboy that drives like our beloved leader) and not the big-breasted receptionist?
I'd rag the nads off it, and then some.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2020, 16:19:25 »

Taking it in......but now you mention it I'll give them a bell to see if they can collect. :y

you do know that it will be collected by some grumpy old git(or if you're really unlucky, the workshop teaboy that drives like our beloved leader) and not the big-breasted receptionist?

When my XFR had new sideskirts fitted under warranty the car needed to go back to Watford Jaguar. They loaned me a 17 plate  300 BHP XF derv in a fetching shade of caesium blue for a week.

The delivery driver looked so young that I contacted the dealer before giving him the keys to my car.

They told me he was 19 years old and they had no concerns about him driving the 575 BHP F-Type SVR despite being barely old enough to shave. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 April 2020, 16:21:29 »

It all came back in one piece so......... ;)

Which it probably would not have if TB held the reins. :)
« Last Edit: 08 April 2020, 16:25:30 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2020, 15:40:55 »

When my XFR had new sideskirts fitted under warranty the car needed to go back to Watford Jaguar. They loaned me a 17 plate  300 BHP XF derv in a fetching shade of caesium blue for a week.

The delivery driver looked so young that I contacted the dealer before giving him the keys to my car.

They told me he was 19 years old and they had no concerns about him driving the 575 BHP F-Type SVR despite being barely old enough to shave. :)

They were probably more worried about lending you there's
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2020, 16:50:04 »

It was only a plodding baby killing derv, Henry. Not much to get excited about except for avid readers of 'Cement mixer weekly' :)

They were probably more worried about lending you there's

I find it hard to get excited by a plodding baby killing derv. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2020, 13:07:13 »

All done. £225

No coffee and I had to stay outside apart from the credit card payment. :-X

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 17 April 2020, 14:14:15 »

All done. £225

Probably at the request of the receptionist.  ;D

Did you lick the windows looking at her?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 April 2020, 14:27:19 »

All done. £225

Probably at the request of the receptionist.  ;D

Did you lick the windows looking at her?

She was rather well groomed and fragrant. Woof...woof. :D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 April 2020, 15:23:50 »

All done. £225

This is the bit I'm struggling with. I've always serviced my own cars but the lack of proven history is frowned upon. If I'm keeping the vehicle for many years it doesn't really matter that much as it will be worth peanuts when I sell it on anyway, but if I want to sell it on after a couple of years it won't be as easy.
I currently have three cars, two of which are under a year old (soon to be dropping to two cars as it's silly having three cars between two of us) and the third car had just had its first main dealer service at 18K when I bought it. The main dealer stamped receipt says oil and filter change and visual check over. The first thing I did when I bought it was to dump the oil and filter and replace, as I'm a distrusting bastid.  ::)  I reset the oil change interval myself with my VagCom equivalent. The bit I'm struggling with is, a Cube of oil (20L) is around £60, a genuine Audi oil filter and new sump plug purchased from Audi Parts is around £12 so, as I bulk purchased 4 filters and 4 sump plugs, I make that £108 for 4 oil changes.
I need the service history stamped (it's done online now so no service book to stamp) so I think I'm going to have to suffer the cost to retain the history. It just grates a bit when I've always done all of the car work myself. On the other hand I'm getting old, so maybe it's time to step back a bit, as I do ache a lot more the day after doing any physical work.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2020, 15:52:45 »

All done. £225

This is the bit I'm struggling with. I've always serviced my own cars but the lack of proven history is frowned upon. If I'm keeping the vehicle for many years it doesn't really matter that much as it will be worth peanuts when I sell it on anyway, but if I want to sell it on after a couple of years it won't be as easy.
I currently have three cars, two of which are under a year old (soon to be dropping to two cars as it's silly having three cars between two of us) and the third car had just had its first main dealer service at 18K when I bought it. The main dealer stamped receipt says oil and filter change and visual check over. The first thing I did when I bought it was to dump the oil and filter and replace, as I'm a distrusting bastid.  ::)  I reset the oil change interval myself with my VagCom equivalent. The bit I'm struggling with is, a Cube of oil (20L) is around £60, a genuine Audi oil filter and new sump plug purchased from Audi Parts is around £12 so, as I bulk purchased 4 filters and 4 sump plugs, I make that £108 for 4 oil changes.
I need the service history stamped (it's done online now so no service book to stamp) so I think I'm going to have to suffer the cost to retain the history. It just grates a bit when I've always done all of the car work myself. On the other hand I'm getting old, so maybe it's time to step back a bit, as I do ache a lot more the day after doing any physical work.  ;D
I also used to hate main dealer servicing but, after the couple of big jobs done on the wife's astra under warranty, and with no quibbles, I'm glad I went down that route. The jobs that needed doing wouldn't have been affected by any service the car had, but they can be awkward if you've done it yourself or a local indie.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2020, 15:53:37 »

All done. £225

It is essentially a £225 oil and filter change that would have been a £543 oil and filter change if I had accepted the first price they gave me.

At 5 years old it is (just about) worth having the Jaguar OSH up to date if I sell the car. Very shortly it won't be worth it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2020, 15:56:41 »

.....also, the car is still covered by a Jaguar approved warranty. If I took the car to 'botchit and scarper'  I doubt Jaguar would approve any warranty claims.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2020, 16:24:41 »

Looks like I'll be forced down that route. The cars initial cost makes them worth having a service history on resale, it's just that I grew up begrudging paying someone else for something that I could do myself. If I'm honest, when I was younger I had to learn to do all sorts of trades around the house, whether it be car maintenance, plumbing, electrics, carpentry, brickwork etc. as I simply couldn't afford to get tradespeople in. It was a case of 'do it myself or not have it done'. I'm struggling to shake off that habit.  ;D
I believe Audi do a service plan so I'll have to see what the charges are. It's not going to be easy for me to adjust.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 April 2020, 16:25:11 »

All done. £225

I have a similar dilemma. A main dealer service is just a quick oil change. If I did it it would be done properly and everything checked. In my case the car is 5 years old but right now it has a full Mercedes SH. I guess it depends how long I have the car. I kept up my BMW history for quite a few years which really pained me but now the car is so old the service history isn't as relevant as condition.

In your case, with a newish car, unfortunately it's about warranty and secondly resale. You need those dealer stamps to easily get warranty claims dealt with. Without all the stamps some dealers won't entertain a warranty claim even though legally they should.

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 April 2020, 16:28:57 »

I think I'm going to get the minimum done to get a "stamp" in the book. Outside that I'll fix anything that breaks, and change the pads and discs when they need doing. In fact with MB they charge for "extras" on a normal service like changing the pollen filters and lubricating the sunroof, so with that being extra I'll do it myself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.